Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Ezri Konsa signs for Brentford+++

Comments

• Staggered. Apart from anything else, why would Ezri choose Brentford of all clubs?

Probably because he's guaranteed to be playing and therefore possibly a sensible move.
  • They have money behind them, a good manager, a new stadium and play at a higher level than us.
    Good luck Ezri play brilliantly and our sell on share will be higher.
  • Shocked that's it's Brentford, but wish him the best.

Hopefully we didn't get Katrien in to negotiate the transfer fee.
  • Leuth said:

Fumbluff said:

Who?

Brentford. Tiny West London club who should be in the Conference South, apparently
    It's more surprise given premier league clubs were supposedly in for him.
  • Leuth said:

Fumbluff said:

Who?

Brentford. Tiny West London club who should be in the Conference South, apparently
    Toys out the pram once again down Wellington gardens?
  • This has all the signs of an RD dodgy deal.

Assuming BexleyBoy is right and the value of the transfer is wiped off the value of the club, is it conceivable that this was done on the cheap and that the real value is in any potential sell-on clause which RD will keep as he did when he sold Standard Liege?

I really don't rate Konsa as highly as others so not overly concerned he's been sold, but really hate the thought of RD profiting from us even after he has finally gone.
  • Brentford!!! What has our club become!!!
  • Who agreed this?!
  • edited June 2018
    Well, that's a strange one. No doubt we've got fuck all money for him, as usual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who agreed this?!

I’m going to have a guess at Konsa!
  • Surprised that he gone to Brentford and the timing of the deal is unusual. Always gave his all and wish him the best.

• Who gets the money?
  • Think it’s worth remembering that (I’m pretty sure) the Aussies will have had to sign off on this deal, so it’s either a good deal for us or they’re prepared to swallow whatever Roland has taken.
  • Who gets the money?

The current owner
  • Hahah he's shite anyway. Brentford a far cry from Everton or Arsenal
  • Roland gets the money I would imagine. Reduces his debts, and this will not fund a squad rebuild, just make it more difficult.
  • Player sales announcements are a bit of a kick in the balls and particularly so when there is no chance of player incomings whilst this take over nonsense carries on - football feels really unfair at the moment - how many more kickings can we as fans take without a shred of positivity?
  • Speaks volumes that the largest bid we got in January was less than 2m.

As long as money from sales can start to be invested in the squad then that's fine by me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably a replacement for Chris Mepham. They turned down a bid of £11m in January, before he'd played a dozen games in senior football.
  • Speaks volumes that the largest bid we got in January was less than 2m.

As long as money from sales can start to be invested in the squad then that's fine by me.

Sadly dont see that happening...
  • If there was a gap in the price between Roland and the Aussies, perhaps this has closed it
  • Howells said:

Leuth said:

Scoham said:

Leuth said:

A lot of ignorance here towards what Brentford have become. They're the textbook model for any typical L1 club who want to break bigger

Although I don't see many of our fans agreeing with their choice to get rid of their academy.
    Fair point - but they've found a method that works for them, and it's gotten them places.

I'm not saying we should follow their model - we have the fanbase, catchment area and spirit that means an academy model is still preferable. But they've worked wonders for a club of their size
    Leuth said:

Fumbluff said:

Who?

Calls them a small club but then sarcastically berates other fans who consider Brentford a small club only a few minutes later.

Strange.
    Suspect there's some sarcasm involved.
  • No secret that Konsa was going to go - good luck to the lad. The news that SCP may have a clause in his Southend contract is interesting though.
  • Brentford like snapping up good young players from lower league clubs! Watkins from Exeter last summer now Konsa this summer
  • 2.5m plus add ons apparently
  • Not surprised we've sold him, but definitely surprised it's Brentford. If the rumoured price is true (around 3.5-4m) then you'd have expected other clubs to be interested in a talented young English player
  • if Colin was right on Konza i hope he is about CP as well.