Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Ezri Konsa signs for Brentford+++

Comments

• We're still a joke shop, can't blame him.
    Laddick01 said:

Sounds weird but don't think we need him at all. Shades of Jenkinson moving to Arsenal.

Agreed.
    I'd be annoyed if we sold Pearce or Bauer to a club like Brentford.
  • Pray the mob get this transfer money, reinvest half of it will be a great start
  • A good player but nothing special in my opinion. Far to negative for my liking but Brentford !! A much smaller club than Charlton. Not massively disappointed.
  • edited June 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Pray the mob get this transfer money, reinvest half of it will be a great start

all of it will be needed!
  • okay player - never really got the hype myself. at least no disrupted games next season for international duty?

If Magennis is off too then definitely wont be any International cancellations
  • Yesterday someone commented on my post about Konsa on Chinese social media site Weibo saying that he'll be sold soon. I thought he was joking and replied 'not in the near future'. One day later now and he's sold?!?! What the hell!
  • Leuth said:

A lot of ignorance here towards what Brentford have become. They're the textbook model for any typical L1 club who want to break bigger

Although I don't see many of our fans agreeing with their choice to get rid of their academy.
  • HandG said:

I may have missed something but where would Brentford get £4m from?

They got about £15m when they sold Kodjia to Aston Villa...

Only spent about £7m of that last season
    Thanks!
  • edited June 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t really get the ‘BRENTFORD?!’ Uproar, if they pay the asking price then that’s all that matters. Welling could have stumped up £3.5m (?) and we’d have sold him to them.
  • Scoham said:

Leuth said:

A lot of ignorance here towards what Brentford have become. They're the textbook model for any typical L1 club who want to break bigger

Although I don't see many of our fans agreeing with their choice to get rid of their academy.
    Fair point - but they've found a method that works for them, and it's gotten them places.

I'm not saying we should follow their model - we have the fanbase, catchment area and spirit that means an academy model is still preferable. But they've worked wonders for a club of their size
  • HandG said:

HandG said:

Thanks!
    Don’t thank him - he gave you false information. It was Hogan rather than Kodjia
  • Sorry to see another one of our youngsters go. Good luck to him. Will not have to move homes I assume and playing at a better level. Probably will not be a bench warmer like some that have gone.
  • HandG said:

HandG said:

Thanks!
    Don’t thank him - he gave you false information. It was Hogan rather than Kodjia
    FFS!!... Confusing myself with Bristol City
  • Not sure he had what it took to play at the highest level. But versatile and decent - who gets the money? That is what I am more interested in! The figures quoted could quite easily fund a realistic push for promotion next season!
  • Fumbluff said:

Who?

Brentford. Tiny West London club who should be in the Conference South, apparently