Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rondos Academy

Anyone on here familiar with these guys at all? Focus is on ball retention and possession - the technical side of the game really

My son's team of u6's played them on Saturday and were absolutely humped by them. Really impressive setup but wondered if anyone on here had any experience of them.

Pros - Very good facilities. We played in West Malling. There are a couple of others in Sevenoaks, Avery Hill and Samuel Montagu in Kidbrooke

Cons - Kids were a bit robotic - some of them downright cocky (to the point a few needed a slap). £48.50 per month is rather trumpy for a 5 year old to have decent training.

Comments

• Just had a look on their website.... a bit scary!
  • From my experience of coaching etc and being at numerous professional clubs with my son and also certain soccer academies , I really think these are money making schemes , give u all this pro set up hype etc , the age your son is I would let him enjoy his football , don’t make the same mistakes as myself i is not as cracked up as they say , as you said u get the cocky kids and believe me you will also get the cocky parents , It’s personal choice but as you will find there are loads of soccer schools opening up find the best
    One that will suit your son , good luck and hope your son has fun enjoying the great game.
  • boogica said:

From my experience of coaching etc and being at numerous professional clubs with my son and also certain soccer academies , I really think these are money making schemes , give u all this pro set up hype etc , the age your son is I would let him enjoy his football , don’t make the same mistakes as myself i is not as cracked up as they say , as you said u get the cocky kids and believe me you will also get the cocky parents , It’s personal choice but as you will find there are loads of soccer schools opening up find the best
    One that will suit your son , good luck and hope your son has fun enjoying the great game.

This with bells on....
  • To elaborate, done same with my 22 yo who I done same with, all around country, trials, pro clubs, training 3 times a week, got a 6yo now who is mad into football but will do it so differently this time around
  • Swisdom said:

Anyone on here familiar with these guys at all? Focus is on ball retention and possession - the technical side of the game really

My son's team of u6's played them on Saturday and were absolutely humped by them. Really impressive setup but wondered if anyone on here had any experience of them.

Pros - Very good facilities. We played in West Malling. There are a couple of others in Sevenoaks, Avery Hill and Samuel Montagu in Kidbrooke

Cons - Kids were a bit robotic - some of them downright cocky (to the point a few needed a slap). £48.50 per month is rather trumpy for a 5 year old to have decent training.

They are taking over the Youth set up at Welling United
  • Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Spoken to a couple of mates with young lads and they’ve all pretty much echoed the sentiments in here.

For now he will remain where he is and playing to have fun. That’s the most important thing.

Thanks again
  • Good luck , hope your son has fun , having coached kids including my son the most important thing is them enjoying it , coming off the pitch whether it’s a game or training with a smile on their face .