Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stan Collymore - accuses Ian Wright of being an Uncle Tom

Comments

• Wow! Harsh, maybe he's off his meds!!!
  • Think he’s going to regret that. Can’t see any broadcaster touching him with a barge pole now.

Sounds like the comments of someone who’s had a few too many to be honest.
  • They should sort it out at Makros...
  • He works for RT, says it all
  • Is he still slapping women about?
  • edited June 2018
    To be fair, Wright is working for the overtly racist Sun.

I like Wrighty, but he should know better. It's not like he's hard up and has to take whatever work comes along.

Having said that RT isn't exactly without critics.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Daggs said:

Vincenzo said:

You believe the Sun is racist, not everyone does.
    Your right . Some people just can’t see what a nasty rag it is , hence people still buy it.
  • edited June 2018
    Vincenzo said:

Littlejohn? Hopkins? That story about '1 in 5 Muslims' that they had to apologise for because it was 'significantly misleading'? (Though of course not on the front pages where they put the original story.)

Do me a favour.

So, you read it then?
  • Any takeover news?
  • What a bellend. Outrageous tweet. Clearly looking for publicity ahead of his World Cup punditry.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    I can’t stand either of them,
  • Everyone in the KKK must not be taking their meds then.
  • Vincenzo said:

I like Wrighty, but he should know better. It's not like he's hard up and has to take whatever work comes along.

I love how you've started that sentence with "to be fair". As if what your opinion of the Sun is should in any way excuse Collymore for saying what he has said.

Yes, Collymore has had his mental health issues, but let's not also just allow him off the hook for saying what he has said.

If he wants to know the reason why broadcasters won't touch him, it is because of scummy behaviour like that, nothing else.
  • Isn’t this over Ian Wright calling a traffic warden a monkey and telling him he should go back to his own country?

Stan collymore I did appreciate what he done for England fans in Marseille last year other than that I don’t know much about him.
  • Having read Collymore's book - which must be at least ten years ago - there can be little doubt that he is a very complicated and confused soul, a modern day Jekyl and Hyde as it were.

In some parts of the story he comes across a half decent guy, aware of his flaws and failures, and the affect that his behaviour has on those around him.

Then at other times, he can come across as a complete and utter arsehole - for instance giving detailed accounts of his sexual conduct with Roy Evans daughter, and I think Kirsty Gallagher - which is totally unneccessary, and can only bring hurt to others.

Not convinced that the end of Stan's story is going to be a happy one.
  • edited June 2018
    Vincenzo said:

You dont see anything wrong with a white man trying to decide who a black man can or cannot work for? Only seeing overy racism coming from one place right now.
  • Rothko said:

He works for RT, says it all

Who is RT?
  • Riviera said:

Rothko said:

He works for RT, says it all

Who is RT?
    Glad I ain't the only one