Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My mate Dhesi.

Been toying with posting something on here for the past couple of days, but here goes.

Sadly lost my best mate/brother early Friday morning to that bastard of a disease that we still have no cure for.
He gave it a good fight, but lost in the end.
Those who knew him can guess that he would have put up a strong fight.

There are many on here who remember the dark days of racism that was rife in the old covered end at Charlton.
The countless neanderthal songs based at Black/Asian people.
We have had various campaigns relating to trying to stamp this out.
I don't think any were as effective as getting to know my mate Des.

He wasn't keen at first of going over Charlton, due to the shit that was sung at times, but me and my mates took him all the same.
Slowly, our friends made friends with others and listening to the shit that was previously tolerated, was no longer tolerated when Des was in our company.

Slowly the noise died down and we went on to have some great days out, both home and away.

So many great times/memories that would take forever to post on here.
For those that knew him, would love to hear them.

Gone but not forgotten.

Tony Xxxx.

Comments

• edited June 2018
    My brother phoned me last night and said, gutted and will most definitely try and get back for his funeral

RIP Dhesi x
  • ...great photo that an all mate.
  • Sorry for your loss Tony.
  • Sounds like a great bloke. Nice tribute Robbo.
  • I recognise the face though I never knew him.
    So sorry for your loss.
    May he rest in peace and you & his family find comfort in your memories xx
  • RIP Dhesi
  • RIP.

I love hearing everyone's personal stories.

It reminds us what a unique band of brothers ( and sisters) we Addicks are.
  • RIP mate
  • edited June 2018
    I recognise him - Sorry to for your loss. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Great story in such sad times, I never knew him but he sounded like a 'good guy'. RIP Dhesi and sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences to you and family, friends.
  • RIP
  • Sad news and sincere condolences to you and your pals friends and family mate

Rest in Dhesi
  • I also recognise the face, may you Rest in Peace Dhesi and watch over us from the Valley in the Sky.
  • RIP Dhesi.

Never knew him, but recognise his face.
  • im fairly sure his old man use to come in the Royal Oak about 8ish after a home game ?

RIP
  • Very moving tribute.
    RIP Dhesi
  • im fairly sure his old man use to come in the Royal Oak about 8ish after a home game ?

RIP

Yes mate, lived on Charlton Lane
  • edited June 2018
    Like a few I recognise Dhesi, but didn’t know him. Horrible disease as Tony says.

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you & all Dhesi’s family & friends. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lovely tribute to your dear friend Tony. Such sad sad news. A kind, funny man gone far too soon. My heartfelt Sympathy to you all.

RIP Dhesi.

By the way, where was that pic taken?
  • Curb_It said:

Lovely tribute to your dear friend Tony. Such sad sad news. A kind, funny man gone far too soon. My heartfelt Sympathy to you all.

RIP Dhesi.

By the way, where was that pic taken?

No idea, got it off his sister?
    Maybe your wedding reception?
  • Yes I think it was that’s why I was being nosey. Nice pic.
  • Sorry for your loss Robbo

RIP Dhesi
  • A really nice tribute to your best friend, Tony. Sometimes it’s harder losing a close friend than it is losing a blood relative. I feel your pain. RIP Dhesi.
  • DA9DA9
    edited June 2018
    He was a top lad, as are all the Dhesi family I’ve drank with in Charlton over the years.

RIP Des
  • RIP, so sorry for your loss. Lovely, poignant story well written.

Thankfully we live in (more) enlightened times. Charlton is one of the more tolerant and accepting of clubs and I’m glad of it.
  • Sorry for your loss.

RIP
  • Like others I recognise his face RIP