Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Costa Rica

Comments

• Im liking this England a bit more than Saturdays, they seem to be working together a bit more to pass it round Costa Rica rather than simply trying to out pace Nigeria

Think that has alot to do with it being Costa Rica, everyone knows how well organised they are but Nigeria were all over the place defensively
  • Southgate is the first England Manager for a while where Ive enjoyed watching our friendlies
  • Can't believe Joel Campbell is still an Arsenal player. Been on loan for SEVEN years!
  • Karl Robinson at Vancouver?
  • Can't believe Joel Campbell is still an Arsenal player. Been on loan for SEVEN years!

Did they not eventually sell him?
  • edited June 2018

Karl Robinson at Vancouver?

Different one

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Robinson
  • Rashford is playing with a freedom for England that you rarely see for United.
  • Karl Robinson at Vancouver?

Indeed - but he's changed his name by deed poll to Carl Robinson to avoid detection and any possible abuse from football lovers.
  • Sponsored links:

• At least he knows how to spell his name.

Spelling Carl with a K has never sat right with me
  • At least he knows how to spell his name.

Spelling Carl with a K has never sat right with me

Sits perfectly fine with me, in fact, I quite like my name spelt this way.
  • going well over the top on rashford here, after this season sterling should be starting all day long ahead of him
  • Rashford looked like the dog's bollocks when I saw him take apart Chelsea in 2016/17, and tonight he looks ominously similar. Hopefully this can become his base level of performance - if so, the English front line is sorted for a decade.
  • GET POPE ON!!!
  • cabbles said:

Good they’ve given Elland Road a go. Just saw on itv they’ve not had a friendly there since the Umbro cup in 97

Last friendly before it all kicks off. Can’t pretend I’ve been avid England for the last 12 years. Have gradually gone from stopping watching friendlies to stopping watching qualifiers. I just find it hard going watching us sometimes. I can’t comment on this group because I’ve not seen them and that would be unfair. Judging them on the failures of past teams wouldn’t be right

I’m positive about the likes of Walker, Sterling and Kane. Alli hasn’t had the best of seasons but he’s a top player providing his temperament holds. I just don’t know enough about the rest as a team to offer an informed opinion

I just want us to be brave in this tournament. I’m not dismissing Panama or Tunisia but I would hate for us to make hard work of those games. 3 games guaranteed, go for it, please try and entertain and let’s see where we are after group stage

Was that the pre 98 tournament??

Remember us playing Italy there in the WC 98 qualifier - lost 1-0 (Zola) but then had that incredible night in Rome to qualify.
  • edited June 2018

GET POPE ON!!!

Bless you my son, no devine intervention needed just yet mate save it for the tournament :wink:
  • Missed the first 10mins and just heard the anthem played back. Seriously think that’s the most passionate home anthem I’ve heard in 20 years!

Shows what a sterile, corporate wankfest England games at Wembley have become.
  • Bolanos in the Costa Rica squad. Is he the same person who was going to sign for Charlton a few years ago?
  • edited June 2018

cabbles said:

Good they’ve given Elland Road a go. Just saw on itv they’ve not had a friendly there since the Umbro cup in 97

Last friendly before it all kicks off. Can’t pretend I’ve been avid England for the last 12 years. Have gradually gone from stopping watching friendlies to stopping watching qualifiers. I just find it hard going watching us sometimes. I can’t comment on this group because I’ve not seen them and that would be unfair. Judging them on the failures of past teams wouldn’t be right

I’m positive about the likes of Walker, Sterling and Kane. Alli hasn’t had the best of seasons but he’s a top player providing his temperament holds. I just don’t know enough about the rest as a team to offer an informed opinion

I just want us to be brave in this tournament. I’m not dismissing Panama or Tunisia but I would hate for us to make hard work of those games. 3 games guaranteed, go for it, please try and entertain and let’s see where we are after group stage

Remember us playing Italy there in the WC 98 qualifier - lost 1-0 (Zola) but then had that incredible night in Rome to qualify.
    Rings a bell weren't Brazil in that tourney as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bolanos in the Costa Rica squad. Is he the same person who was going to sign for Charlton a few years ago?

Yeah
  • edited June 2018
    RedChaser said:

Great goal by Rashford , good lad, always rated him hopefully that should give him some breathing space from his knockers:wink:

Here we go. Can see the headlines in the Sun already. "RASHFORD HAS A BREAST LIFT OP"
  • Henderson takes a lot of stick but he’s dictated our game and is head and shoulders above Dier.
  • How the hell can they moan that Maguire should have scored there... the bloke was on the line to clear the ball doing what he's supposed to... Isnt like he's gonna move out the way
  • cabbles said:

Rings a bell weren't Brazil in that tourney as well?
    Wasn't that le tournoi ??
  • Thats the tournament when Roberto Carlos hit THAT free kick
  • On comes the Charlton legend
  • edited June 2018
    Belanos coming. Ex Charlton (ish)
  • On comes the Charlton legend

He played well against Welling anyway if memory serves me right.