Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is there life on Mars?

edited June 2018 in Not Sports Related
According to information coming from NASA Curiosity probe stuff has been found what seems to suggest Bowie’s question is about to be answered. Are you fascinated or still numb from the takeover thread in that you don’t give a toss...?

Comments

• We're being taken over by Martians?

• Yeah but everyone knows that Women are from Venus
  • Yeah but everyone knows that Women are from Venus

I’m sure there are a few poets that could finish...There was a young lady from Venus...
  • Very pleasant IPA, but not worth it’s own thread.
  • Is the aliens who built the pyramids?
  • Solidgone said:

According to information coming from NASA Curiosity probe stuff has been found what seems to suggest Bowie’s question is about to be answered. Are you fascinated or still numb from the takeover thread in that you don’t give a toss...?

Take over thread?
  • Sponsored links:

• Not now, but probably in the (very distant) past.
  • It would be weirder if there wasn't some form of life in the universe.

I totally agree. Odds are there must be.
  • edited June 2018
    I was at a dinner party tonight and was chatting to RBT2 and it’s partner Gertrude v2.197. She is from galac universe and I must admit she doesn’t look like a Gertrude but more like knödel with spaghetti. But that’s not important right now. I thought I’d change the conversation from My Favourite Martian best episode to the takeover at Charlton and was a xtremely surprised when in an instant RBT2 beeped quite loudly. And when I mentioned Doucher and Seed’s titbits I could smell sulphur from its circuit board. Now I’m not the kind of person that pours CO2 on my baked beans but there were some biological emissions from our geochemical conversation that would knock the rocks off the Gale Crater regarding the takeover. Phew, I’m glad I’ve got that off my chest so I can now get some sleep.
  • Yes. BBC TV series starring John Simm. V good.
  • Is this a Bruno Mars thread? If so I reckon there is no life there.
  • Unless he has fleas/lice
  • Solidgone said:

I was at a dinner party tonight and was chatting to RBT2 and it’s partner Gertrude v2.197. She is from galac universe and I must admit she doesn’t look like a Gertrude but more like knödel with spaghetti. But that’s not important right now. I thought I’d change the conversation from My Favourite Martian best episode to the takeover at Charlton and was a xtremely surprised when in an instant RBT2 beeped quite loudly. And when I mentioned Doucher and Seed’s titbits I could smell sulphur from its circuit board. Now I’m not the kind of person that pours CO2 on my baked beans but there were some biological emissions from our geochemical conversation that would knock the rocks off the Gale Crater regarding the takeover. Phew, I’m glad I’ve got that off my chest so I can now get some sleep.

• Sponsored links:

• We're being taken over by Martians?

The rumour is they don’t have the money. That’s a shame because they would undoubtedly be an improvement on RD.
  • There is another rumour that we are being taken over by a couple of dog turds. There, you can post exactly the same post again!

I think the interesting bit is how it will forward our knowledge on how prevalent life is likely to be. If we find signs of life on another planet in our solar system, past or present, it suggests life isn't some form of rare freak occurrence. but something that will probably happen when the conditions are right. And we are aware that there are countless possibilities in terms of the conditions being right! So we can conclude the universe will be teaming with life.

Of course intelligent life may not exist for too long, and at different times.
    Yes well said and agree
  • Do they want to buy a football club?

I think the interesting bit is how it will forward our knowledge on how prevalent life is likely to be. If we find signs of life on another planet in our solar system, past or present, it suggests life isn't some form of rare freak occurrence. but something that will probably happen when the conditions are right. And we are aware that there are countless possibilities in terms of the conditions being right! So we can conclude the universe will be teaming with life.

Of course intelligent life may not exist for too long, and at different times.
    Agree. Chances are we wouldn't even know about it if it did.
  • Is there incontrovertible evidence of the existence of methane on Mars?
    If so it will rank as probably one of the biggest ever discoveries in Science.
    Proof presumably, that life, alien life, is out there.
    Amazing if true.
  • edited June 2018
    Thanks Seth for your comment as that is how I feel. As a kid I never believed in real martians (but the Daleks scared the shit out of me).But as the years ticked by and brain became engaged then I realised that it's not ET we are going to find but the proof from remnance or biology wing wams?

Now back to the takeover thread....
  • Missed It said:

I'm not even sure there's intelligent life here on Earth sometimes

Wait until you’ve been to Deptford.

Life, but not as we know it Jim.