Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Stringfellow

Comments

• A minute's silence in Shoreditch this lunchtime. RIP
  • Gosh another iconic name bites the dust. RIP
  • Leaves behind two little kiddies, very sad. Why do people have them when they're over 70? R.I.P.
  • Work opposite the club, saw the news crew out there as I made my way into the office. He lived his life his way and liberalised London night life. Very few of his kind left, whether that is a good or bad thing but RIP Peter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Despite his career I always thought he was more cheesy than sleazy.

RIP Peter.
  • RIP

I remember (maybe 15-20 years ago) him being interviewed about a whole range of issues and being really quite impressed at how thoughtful he was - not that I would want him as a neighbour.
  • More to the man than just his iconic name. RIP
  • Some of his views were a little old fashioned, but seemed a good guy at heart. Gave a lot of people a great time over many years. RIP Peter.
  • Work opposite the club, saw the news crew out there as I made my way into the office. He lived his life his way and liberalised London night life. Very few of his kind left, whether that is a good or bad thing but RIP Peter.

You work opposite Stringfellows? I'm green with envy...

RIP
  • Got turned away from Stringfellows....more then once in my younger days.....still RIP Peter.
  • edited June 2018
    Never had any really bad press, despite being in the media spotlight for many a year and many a reason too.......seemed a decent enough bloke and as far as one can tell was well liked despite being a member of the glitterati set.
    RIP.....Peter.....RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• My one personal experience of him is a very odd story. I "met" him a courtroom. At the first ad agency I worked in, our client McCain introduced thin McDonalds style oven chips. We suggested they called them Stringfellows. Then the supporting TV spot featured a John Travolta style kid dancing in a glitzy disco. He took McCain to court, and lost. But he probably had the last laugh as the product bombed. We were crap. A smarter agency might have approached him first about it, although he said that he didn't want his name associated with some grubby oven chips.

Otherwise seems like a life well lived. RIP.
  • I met him during my nightclubbing days back in the 1980's. He was a very nice bloke. RIP
  • My one personal experience of him is a very odd story. I "met" him a courtroom. At the first ad agency I worked in, our client McCain introduced thin McDonalds style oven chips. We suggested they called them Stringfellows. Then the supporting TV spot featured a John Travolta style kid dancing in a glitzy disco. He took McCain to court, and lost. But he probably had the last laugh as the product bombed. We were crap. A smarter agency might have approached him first about it, although he said that he didn't want his name associated with some grubby oven chips.

Jesus! Pretty sure we bought those chips!
  • RIP Peter

That's quite a landmark intellectual property case. I remember studying it for my exams.
  • Sad news, RIP Peter

Jesus! Pretty sure we bought those chips!
    Jesus! You can not be serious!
  • RIP

Did more than most to address the gender pay gap.

Must be a LOL, BBW.

Peter Stringfellow loved the company of attraction young women and turned his hobby into a career. How many guys wouldn't have traded places with PS ?
    In my younger days I remember the topless pubs in London where I first suffered with eye strain ! Mainly because of the smoke and trying to keep my focus. Also this was when I acquired my first soapbox.

Sex and visual delights have been around since the beginning of time and Peter Stringfellow managed to bring this entertainment to the top table.

I guess I have moved on and prefer brainy, university educated historian females with a soothing knowing voice who can talk about art and literature(with a cracking figure)

RIP Peter, you were of your time.