Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Denman RIP

2008 Cheltenham gold cup winner sadly passed away earlier today. Beast of a horse that gave punters a lot of joy over the years.
His 2008 win was epic.
RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    great horse, why im a jumps fan really horses that allow you to fall in love with them.
  • Options
    RIP - Quality horse.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Outstanding chaser - I was lucky to witness both his Hennessy triumphs.
    RIP Tank.
  • Options

Outstanding chaser - I was lucky to witness both his Hennessy triumphs.
    RIP Tank.

I was with you for both but only remember one...
  • Options
    Great horse. RIP
  • Options
    Goodbye horse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What an absolute hero of a horse. At Kempton with my work colleagues this evening and paid a homily to him when discussing the great Kauto Star (I'm captain of Team Kauto). Will also have a flutter on the similarly-named Denmead in the second last.

RIP.
  • Options
    Denman vs Kauto Star, great rivalry and glad he lived a life after racing.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I always backed the wrong horse, whether Denman or Kauto. RIP Denman.
  • Options
    Try to get my da out to a few big sporting occasions and Cheltenham was an obvious one for us, being Irish. Did it as an event, with top hotel in Bristol for two nights and exec coach in to the course.

Had to be 2008, when storms cancelled the Wednesday card and we ended up with 10/11 races on Gold Cup day as they moved those Wednesday races to the next 2 days. I remember losing on every single race!! Including the Gold Cup, when the big duel with Kauto Star never materialised and Denman was an absolute beast of a horse storming home. An absolute, wonderful, athlete of an animal in the ring before and after...still not sure why I backed KS over him. Rest in Peace Tank!
  • Options
    One of the very best staying chasers I have witnessed.

RIP Tank.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP - Won me a tidy sum when he won the 2008 Gold Cup