Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Puncheon pleads guilty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-44356512
Crystal Palace captain Jason Puncheon has admitted lashing out at nightclub doorman with his belt.

Puncheon was given a community order requiring him to carry out 210 hours of unpaid work, and pay the doorman £250 compensation.
The contempt of court charge for Ben Chorley was quite funny
In a twist at the end of the hearing, Bromley footballer Ben Chorley, of Oakfield Lane, Dartford, was charged with contempt of court.

After taking a photograph of Puncheon while he was in the courtroom, the 35-year-old father-of-two was fined £1,000.

Comments

• I hope he got his best side for £1,000.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-44356512

Crystal Palace captain Jason Puncheon has admitted lashing out at nightclub doorman with his belt.

Puncheon was given a community order requiring him to carry out 210 hours of unpaid work, and pay the doorman £250 compensation.
    In a twist at the end of the hearing, Bromley footballer Ben Chorley, of Oakfield Lane, Dartford, was charged with contempt of court.

After taking a photograph of Puncheon while he was in the courtroom, the 35-year-old father-of-two was fined £1,000.

Freedom of speech denied again blah, blah blah No one else has ever been charged and sentenced for contempt of court ever blah blah blah
  • edited June 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-44356512

horrible, horrible, spineless

• Also reported to have said ‘buy yourself a house with the belt’ charming
  • I hope he has to spend all 210 hours cleaning dog shit off the streets of Croydon.

That should get rid of about 5% of it.
  • AndyP said:

Also reported to have said ‘buy yourself a house with the belt’ charming

In fairness it was a stock broker belt
    It’s a tough one because I normally couldn’t give a shit about random comments/jokes regardless of who it effects but knowing someone who lost an eye to a belt buckle, I don’t find his wanky little fine and sentence laughable
  • Addickted said:

I hope he has to spend all 210 hours cleaning dog shit off the streets of Croydon.

That should get rid of about 5% of it.

Put himself in the bin when he is done.
  • Best mates with Nicky Bailey incidentally.
  • In a lot of professions, people who do things like this lose their jobs. These players are role models and you have to wonder why football's standards are so low. I'd give him a year ban for bringing the game into disrepute.
  • Sponsored links:

• In a lot of professions, people who do things like this lose their jobs. These players are role models and you have to wonder why football's standards are so low. I'd give him a year ban for bringing the game into disrepute.

Sadly, he won't lose his job because the club is run only as a business (not saying others aren't) and the bottom line is he'll cost more to replace than the value lost to the club's good name. In comparison to what Cantona did at Selhurst Park, this is far worse but the punishment by the club and/or FA will be far less.

Sadly, he won't lose his job because the club is run only as a business (not saying others aren't) and the bottom line is he'll cost more to replace than the value lost to the club's good name. In comparison to what Cantona did at Selhurst Park, this is far worse but the punishment by the club and/or FA will be far less.
    Source?