Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

End of season STATBANK

The statbank includes all League matches and play off matches except for the total number of marks for the season where I have kept to the regular season so as to compare with previous years. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have in compiling them, (he made me say that so that I can have a few weeks off)

Comments

• Thanks, always interesting
  • Thanks. Interesting that in reality the best player was Holmes - 22 games is a significant number of games - we missed him more than perhaps we expected to, especially when you look at the dismal average score for Kaikai and Zyro...

Staggered that the best player in the last 5 seasons was Henderson in 14/15, I don't recall him being that good!
  • Out of curiousity what was the best average for the Rotherham home win?

Surprised a bit really that game isnt in the top five
  • Excellent work @lancashire lad. It must take some serious effort to compile this. Interesting that Bauer is the highest rated player of the season when I don't recall many, if any mentioning him for the club's POTY. Amos outside the top three, who many wanted.
  • Thanks very much for your efforts.
  • Thanks LL, now you can go and have a well earned holiday and be ready for the bumper season coming up
  • Out of curiousity what was the best average for the Rotherham home win?

Surprised a bit really that game isnt in the top five

Team average = 7.51

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/81501/easter-bumper-statbank-northampton-town-0-4-cafc-cafdc-3-1-rotherham-united/p1
  • Oh good I got it right - Rotherham that is :wink:
  • The one stat that really shows is the fouls and yellow cards by our opponents, perhaps we need a bit more steel in our team.
  • ross1 said:

Thanks LL, now you can go and have a well earned holiday and be ready for the bumper season coming up

I expect LL to be back in pre-season training by the end of June.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great work. Thank you
  • edited June 2018
    Good work Lancs
  • Brilliant stuff. I take it you haven't a full time job.
  • Henry's love child!!!! very good.
  • Thanks for your efforts.
    I was at the Fleetwood (A) game and Fosu was electric.

They were in good form when we played them, so glad to see that Fozzy's 9.34 was the best mark of the season.

Next year it will be Billy Clarke I reckon.
  • Maybe a fairer way of decidingplayer of the year
  • Lol @ Kaikai receiving all three worst individual scores.
  • Only one red card? Not saying we should get loads but need to toughen up a bit to get out of this league. I don’t doubt if Bowyers still in charge he’ll address that side of our game.
  • Nug said:

Only one red card? Not saying we should get loads but need to toughen up a bit to get out of this league. I don’t doubt if Bowyers still in charge he’ll address that side of our game.

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=leagues

You'll need to filter as the site wont let me send the filtered results yet...

Seems we were the most fouled team in the League last season (607 times) whilst in terms of fouls we made we came 14th in the list (491)... In general I thought a lot of our set pieces were poor, unfortunately cant find how many times we scored from Free-Kicks or penalties but I cant remember us scoring too many from them which means we need to be better in that respect!!

Forster-Caskey's delivery was especially poor in the Shrewsbury second leg of the Play-Offs
  • Brilliant stuff. Amazing, one shot on target in 2 games v Wimbledon
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

Only one red card? Not saying we should get loads but need to toughen up a bit to get out of this league. I don’t doubt if Bowyers still in charge he’ll address that side of our game.

Only 1 red card against us too I assume

Indeed it was a very "gentle" season, with relatively few bad tackles either by our players or against us.
  • Amos goal attempts bloody pitiful, worse forward we’ve ever had!
  • Nug said:

Seems we were the most fouled team in the League last season (607 times) whilst in terms of fouls we made we came 14th in the list (491)... In general I thought a lot of our set pieces were poor, unfortunately cant find how many times we scored from Free-Kicks or penalties but I cant remember us scoring too many from them which means we need to be better in that respect!!

Forster-Caskey's delivery was especially poor in the Shrewsbury second leg of the Play-Offs
    From direct free kicks there was Holmes against AFCW, struggling to think of another.

I definitely think we could do better from set pieces, but I feel like there was a narrative that we were poor from them, particularly (I think) because we started quite well with a couple early goals from BFG. But he had what, 3 goals, I can think of 3 Josh Magennis near post headers, Pearce, Aribo must have had three from set pieces, that's 10 right there which isn't a terrible return for a season.

That said, being the most fouled team, a wholly unsurprising fact, we need to work on being better from set plays, particularly direct free kicks. Losing Holmes we lost a key weapon in that department, and one who was right footed.

Also, can I say I thought JFC's delivery for much of the season was good. Holmes' delivery from set plays, on the other hand, was often woeful.
  • Nug said:

Indeed it was a very "gentle" season, with relatively few bad tackles either by our players or against us.

But there were so many times our opposition should have been booked and weren't. Much to my chagrin, persistent fouling is not a bookable offense in this league.

I'm not a big believer that we need more red cards. I find it's often harder to play with 10 men. And I think red cards are as much an indicator of refereeing in this division as anything.
  • SDAddick said:

Nug said:

But there were so many times our opposition should have been booked and weren't. Much to my chagrin, persistent fouling is not a bookable offense in this league.

I'm not a big believer that we need more red cards. I find it's often harder to play with 10 men. And I think red cards are as much an indicator of refereeing in this division as anything.
    Teams were quite smart with their fouling, with lots of niggly fouls rather than bad ones
  • SDAddick said:

Nug said:

From direct free kicks there was Holmes against AFCW, struggling to think of another.

I definitely think we could do better from set pieces, but I feel like there was a narrative that we were poor from them, particularly (I think) because we started quite well with a couple early goals from BFG. But he had what, 3 goals, I can think of 3 Josh Magennis near post headers, Pearce, Aribo must have had three from set pieces, that's 10 right there which isn't a terrible return for a season.

That said, being the most fouled team, a wholly unsurprising fact, we need to work on being better from set plays, particularly direct free kicks. Losing Holmes we lost a key weapon in that department, and one who was right footed.

Also, can I say I thought JFC's delivery for much of the season was good. Holmes' delivery from set plays, on the other hand, was often woeful.
    We actually scored the most headed goals in the league ( I know not necessarily set peices ).
  • SDAddick said:

Nug said:

Teams were quite smart with their fouling, with lots of niggly fouls rather than bad ones
    Some were, definitely. Shrewsbury in the playoffs were. But then there was like Bury at home where they just kicked lumps out of Tarique and I think there was one booking in the game.

But yeah those niggly fouls should, at some point, add up to a booking after five or six against a player. And that just doesn't seem to happen in this league unfortunately.
  • bobcafc7 said:

SDAddick said:

Nug said:

We actually scored the most headed goals in the league ( I know not necessarily set peices ).
    We gave up shooting, as we couldn't hit the proverbial...
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Nug said:

Some were, definitely. Shrewsbury in the playoffs were. But then there was like Bury at home where they just kicked lumps out of Tarique and I think there was one booking in the game.

But yeah those niggly fouls should, at some point, add up to a booking after five or six against a player. And that just doesn't seem to happen in this league unfortunately.
    When teams share round the fouls, how can you book an individual player?
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Nug said:

When teams share round the fouls, how can you book an individual player?
    Referee's should start counting the amount of times a player gets fouled

First time the player gets a telling off, second time its the Captain, third time its a booking regardless if its their first offence

Play as a team, you take a punishment as a team!!