Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Bert Millichip prefers 808 State... LMFAO
  • I remember being staggered when I first heard this on the radio, where it was Simon Mayo's record of the week!
  • MrLargo said:

This is a thing of beauty.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re4aDJL3heA

Great song
  • Been a fan of New Order since I heard their music for the first time back in 2006. This song is one of my favourite of theirs. Love it even more than Blue Monday, Bizarre Love Triangle etc.
  • Not a patch on Vindaloo and Three Lions.
  • Solidgone said:

Not a patch on Vindaloo and Three Lions.

A man of culture just like me.
  • Have we got a world cup song this time?
  • I’d love then to re-release it for this years World Cup. Classic tune
  • Sponsored links:

• Have we got a world cup song this time?

No. We haven't had one for a few years now, which is a shame. It's not as if "removing this distraction" has improved the performance of the team in major tournaments
  • Best World Cup song by far. In fact I can hardly remember any others. Something by Ant and Dec as well as another one by the Spice Girls and Echo and the Bunnymen?
  • Back Home
  • Solidgone said:

THIS.
  • Solidgone said:

All 3 are great football records, but different

World in Motion is more of a song about football, whereas the other two make much better terrace chants. The crowd singing Three Lions at Wembley in 1996 was amazing (as was in its own way the German team singing it after winning the tournament...)
  • Best World Cup song by far. In fact I can hardly remember any others. Something by Ant and Dec as well as another one by the Spice Girls and Echo and the Bunnymen?

That's the one that went "how does it feeeeel... To be on top of the wooooorld". It was cack. However... I was in gran Canaria with a mate, all pissed up, when England lost to Argentina. The DJ thought he'd reflect the mood by playing the lighthouse family one that starts "when you are close to tears remember...". It got booed right off. Spice girls and echo right back on please.

Goes to show... You might be knocked out the world cup on penalties, you might get the most annoying red card ever, you might cheer sol Campbell only for elbows shearer to stuff it up (probably racism, eh sol) you may be dancing to the spice girls... Just when you think it can't get worse, it can. Fucking lighthouse family. I ask of you!
  • Back Home

The only case in pop history of an act having a UK No.1 and following up with a No.2 with none of the original members on the record...
  • Riviera said:

Back Home

The only case in pop history of an act having a UK No.1 and following up with a No.2 with none of the original members on the record...
    Dexy's Midnight Runners must have come close.
  • I love New Order and this song but Three Lions is the definitive England song.
  • edited June 2018

Riviera said:

Back Home

Dexy's Midnight Runners must have come close.

But no cigar...
  • Sponsored links:

• C_A_F_C said:

I love New Order and this song but Three Lions is the definitive England song.

Three Lions? Three Lions?
    I always thought it was SEA Lions.