Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

French Open 2018

French Open 2018 is underway on ITV4

Can anyone stop Rafa.

Comments

• Not me
  • Unlikely.

Thiem is arguably the next best on clay just now.
  • LenGlover said:

Unlikely.

Thiem is arguably the next best on clay just now.

Thiem is the only person to have beat Nadal on Clay in the last year
  • Chizz said:

Not me

Have you entered? ;)
  • Finding the women's more interesting atm. My tip this year is Elina Svitolina.

Would like to see Halep win as she was so close last year and been close to winning a grand slam having lost several finals in the last 2 years. Plus my Romanian mate coached her in her early teens.
  • First time in over 12 years that a player (Zverev) from outside of the big four has been in the top 2 seeds at a grand slam.

Just proves how dominant those 4 guys have been in the modern era.
  • edited May 2018
    Cameron Norrie went through earlier
    Won 1st set 6-1
    Was winning 2nd set 2-0 and Peter Gojowczyk pulled out
  • Cameron Norrie went through earlier
    Won 1st set 6-1

Our new non-British British tennis hero :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Konta lost in 1st round again
  • Cameron Norrie went through earlier
    Won 1st set 6-1

Our new non-British British tennis hero :smile:
    Bit of a joke really. Born in South Africa, grew up in New Zealand and only became a 'Brit' at 16 because they gave him more funding than NZ did.
  • My mates gone to this , really random but on his bucket list. I would probably go but do find tennis boring, went to wimbledon once when younger.
  • My mates gone to this , really random but on his bucket list. I would probably go but do find tennis boring, went to wimbledon once when younger.

I quite like tennis. Paris tickets are much easier to get than Wimbledon one, judging from the empty seats there

I quite like tennis. Paris tickets are much easier to get than Wimbledon one, judging from the empty seats there
    I have to be in the mood to watch it like F1, can watch them but not really that bothered. I did flick over yesterday to see who was on, the french is probably the most dull with endless rallys and being so slow. We all know who is going to win anyway :wink:
  • Strange choice of outfit for Serena today!

Yeah - you could almost see her bell end

Assuming the full body suit has something to do with post pregnancy leakage, I know some women have issues with that
  • edited May 2018
    Norrie lost in four sets to Pouille earlier.

Edmund through to round three and will play 18th seed Fabio Fognini. The winner of that will face Cilic or Steve Johnson in the last 16.
  • Sponsored links:

• Norrie lost in four sets to Pouille earlier.

Edmund through to round three and will play 18th seed Fabio Fognini. The winner of that will face Cilic or Steve Johnson in the last 16.

On clay Fognini is a lot better than his 18th seeding suggests.

Edmund will have his work cut out and will do very well if he manages to win.
  • LenGlover said:

His French open record isn't as good as I was expecting, the best he's done is the QF back in 2011

To me the match could go either way, as Edmund is good on clay, unlike most British players
  • LenGlover said:

Clay is great for Edmund as well tho
    Hard to call if Clay or Hard court is best for him(anything other than grass)
  • Edmund has just gone 2-1 ahead
    Lost 1st set 3-6
    Won 2nd set 6-4
    Won 3rd set 6-3
  • Struggling in the fourth set. Fognini has break point for 4-0.
  • This is where Fognini is most dangerous. He goes through spells of great play when he's just gone behind. Edmund needs to weather the storm and hopefully break back or at least take the deciding set.
  • Well that was quick lol. Edmund holds and then breaks to love. 3-2 and back on serve fourth set.
  • Fognini wins the set 6-4 in the end. Time for a fifth set.
  • Edmund serving to stay in match
  • Fognini wins 6-3 4-6 3-6 6-4 6-4.