Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Britain's got talent

Comments

• Why I don’t watch anymore. It’s not Britain’s Got Talent it’s The Worlds Got Talent and even the word talent is debatable.
  • edited June 2018
    How about “The World’s Got Talent (Filmed in Britain Edition)” ?
  • edited June 2018
    It’s the continual sob stories that are aligned to most acts that winds me up most.
  • elcafc said:

I was debating on whether to post on this thread but I wanted to add some input from a different perspective.

I appreciate that the programme isn’t for everyone but I completely disagree with the comments that there is no talent on the show. My son is in the final on Sunday so we have been in and around the show all week and have met some hugely talented people, from dancers, musicians and comedians.

From a personal perspective it has been an amazing experience for my son. He’s meet some great people and had a great time. He is on the autistic spectrum so struggles a lot with school and with friendships and emotions but this experience has benefited him hugely. We have also received loads of messages from parents with kids on the high functioning end of the spectrum who can often become depressed and isolated and receive little help at school. They said it has been inspiring to watch someone like their child up there achieving something and is a boost for them and there child.

My son also has a huge heart and has done a lot for charity and hopefully this experience will allow us to further help the charities we are involved in.

Oh and one last point, while he wouldn’t call himself a die hard fan (I think he has owned a shirt from every team that is supported in our family) I took him to the valley for the first time at 4 and he cried when we lost the play off semi to Shrewsbury. He has always passionately told the Man U, Chelsea, spurs and West Ham supporting kids at school that charlton are a real team hahaha. Hopefully once the Belgian has gone I can start going regularly again and covert both my boys into diehards!!

Calum Courtney I presume? Good luck to him. Up the Addicks!!
  • edited June 2018
    Interesting post elcafc, cheers for posting. Good luck to your lad in the final.
  • I see the show each year and I do feel the standard in this weeks semi finals has been lower than previous series.
  • elcafc said:

I was debating on whether to post on this thread but I wanted to add some input from a different perspective.

I appreciate that the programme isn’t for everyone but I completely disagree with the comments that there is no talent on the show. My son is in the final on Sunday so we have been in and around the show all week and have met some hugely talented people, from dancers, musicians and comedians.

From a personal perspective it has been an amazing experience for my son. He’s meet some great people and had a great time. He is on the autistic spectrum so struggles a lot with school and with friendships and emotions but this experience has benefited him hugely. We have also received loads of messages from parents with kids on the high functioning end of the spectrum who can often become depressed and isolated and receive little help at school. They said it has been inspiring to watch someone like their child up there achieving something and is a boost for them and there child.

My son also has a huge heart and has done a lot for charity and hopefully this experience will allow us to further help the charities we are involved in.

Oh and one last point, while he wouldn’t call himself a die hard fan (I think he has owned a shirt from every team that is supported in our family) I took him to the valley for the first time at 4 and he cried when we lost the play off semi to Shrewsbury. He has always passionately told the Man U, Chelsea, spurs and West Ham supporting kids at school that charlton are a real team hahaha. Hopefully once the Belgian has gone I can start going regularly again and covert both my boys into diehards!!

I said Derek Hales is in the final!

Seriously good luck to your son.
  • I agree with Paulie.

The show is called "Britain's Got Talent" and yet Cowell ships in acts from overseas. Invites them to London and i assume the show also pays for their travel and accommodation too.

Not really how it should be in my opinion. It's BGT, so should be British acts only, or if they're not British, then at least be acts who live in the UK.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018

Why I don’t watch anymore. It’s not Britain’s Got Talent it’s The Worlds Got Talent and even the word talent is debatable.

Id like to see you remove a hanky from under cup and saucer, placed on your winky, without touching the hanky and without dropping the cup and saucer to expose your genetalia to all and sundry
  • Why I don’t watch anymore. It’s not Britain’s Got Talent it’s The Worlds Got Talent and even the word talent is debatable.

Id like to see you remove a hanky from under cup and saucer, placed on your winky, without touching the hanky and without dropping the cup and saucer to expose your genetalia to all and sundry
    I need a tea towel
  • LenGlover said:

Why I don’t watch anymore. It’s not Britain’s Got Talent it’s The Worlds Got Talent and even the word talent is debatable.

I need a tea towel
    You got a big cup and saucer then?
  • elcafc said:

Thanks guys.

Yes my son is Calum.

I just thought I’d try an explain how I think the show has a wider impact on people that can be really positive. I understand that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Hopefully he can enjoy Sunday as much as he has enjoyed it so far.

Up the addicks

If he's the young lad who sings, he's my Mrs favourite.

Good luck
  • Good luck @elcafc to your boy... I'll download the app and give him a Charlton vote !!

I think the show is good viewing and there are some very good acts mixed in between some dreadful ones, i.e. how the 60+ Brummy is in the final at the expense of one other is a joke.
  • Spanish said:

Good luck @elcafc to your boy... I'll download the app and give him a Charlton vote !!

I think the show is good viewing and there are some very good acts mixed in between some dreadful ones, i.e. how the 60+ Brummy is in the final at the expense of one other is a joke.

Thanks Spanish, I think we might actually know each other. Did you used to sit in the f block. Do you know the brothers LW and RW??
  • Yes he does know the brothers.

Good luck for Sunday!
  • Sorry, I thought this was about the England team tonight :smiley:
  • edited June 2018

And there is talent and entertaining talent. Just because it is incredibly difficult, and requires a lot of dedication to balance on multiple tins, it doesn't stop it getting boring after 30 seconds!

Then there are kids who are talented as kids go but they should remain in school productions. Then there are the dance acts that make me want to scream. Yes, they are decent dancers and I couldn't do it, but why? What is the bloody point!

I would imagine a lot of us are forced to watch it because or wives and girlfriends do. A bit like soaps! Glad the end is in sight and we can start looking over the horizon to some wall to wall football!

And there is talent and entertaining talent. Just because it is incredibly difficult, and requires a lot of dedication to balance on multiple tins, it doesn't stop it getting boring after 30 seconds!

Then there are kids who are talented as kids go but they should remain in school productions. Then there are the dance acts that make me want to scream. Yes, they are decent dancers and I couldn't do it, but why? What is the bloody point!

I would imagine a lot of us are forced to watch it because or wives and girlfriends do. A bit like soaps! Glad the end is in sight and we can start looking over the horizon to some wall to wall football! Love Island thanks to our other halfs
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh God! Forgot about love Island!!!!!!
  • Good luck Calum.
  • Well done.
  • edited June 2018
    At least I can watch Northern Ireland getting beaten on my laptop. Not enjoying that part of it, but its football! Had to hear that young lad though. Talented and I'm sure he will get better with age, but not pleasant on the ears for me. Is it allowed to criticise him?
  • Congrats @elcafc... Your boy was a lot better tonight, should be really proud!!
  • oh bugger!
  • At least I can watch Northern Ireland getting beaten on my laptop. Not enjoying that part of it, but its football! Had to hear that young lad though. Talented and I'm sure he will get better with age, but not pleasant on the ears for me. Is it allowed to criticise him?

The Bookies seem to agree.
    Started the night at 80/1
    After his performance was 100/1
  • LenGlover said:

I need a tea towel
    To be pulled from the tea towel holder.....
  • edited June 2018
    Simon Cowell needs to do a couple more buttons up, putting me off my dinner

Well done young Callum