Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Legoland Q-Bot

Has anyone used one?

If so, what was your experience of how useful, easy to use etc they were?

Got some cheap Legoland tickets for July, but it's a Sunday - we've been once before but it was when the kids weren't school age and so the queues were small - guessing the same won't be true on a Sunday in July! Thinking as the tickets were cheap it could be worth a Q-Bot to stop us queuing for ages and the kids getting restless etc.

Comments

• Last time we went was on 2 for 1 tickets. Wished we’d bought the qbot thing as without we only managed to do five rides I think with all the queuing.
  • edited May 2018
    buckshee said:

Last time we went was on 2 for 1 tickets. Wished we’d bought the qbot thing as without we only managed to do five rides I think with all the queuing.

That's my fear - my two are still pretty young too so I think they'd get restless in big queues.

I'm only looking at the £20pp reserve a slot type one (not paying £80pp for the straight on a ride one!), so was wondering if they work ok, or if you end up waiting anyway, or if there's enough non queue stuff etc to do whilst you wait for your slot.
  • buckshee said:

Last time we went was on 2 for 1 tickets. Wished we’d bought the qbot thing as without we only managed to do five rides I think with all the queuing.

That's my fear - my two are still pretty young too so I think they'd get restless in big queues.

I'm only looking at the £20pp reserve a slot type one (not paying £80pp for the straight on a ride one!), so was wondering if they work ok, or if you end up waiting anyway, or if there's enough non queue stuff etc to do whilst you wait for your slot.
    Worth the money IMO, especially if you are going in holidays. My wife and I split up and one would Q a ride while the other one used the Qbot for the rides our son really wanted to go on - invariably the ones with the longer Q. You do Q but it is no way near as long.

Everyone has someone keeping a place in the Q so don’t get upset and go with the flow. A bit frustrating when you are so close to getting on and another 6 arrive, but hey ho, they are only young once!
  • We went last half term for two days (stayed at hotel 10-15 mins away)

Had one queue of an hour (ninjago ride) right at start and the only other sizeable queue was dragon roller coaster however it was February so a bit cold.
    However if tickets were cheaper we would deffo have done the £20 QBOT. You can only book the next ride and it just gives you a time to come back and go near front of queue (if current queue is 45 mins then your time to come back is 45 mins, so you don’t get on quicker, you just don’t have to wait in the queue) this means you can go get a coffee, see a show, go on a smaller queue ride etc and then go on the ride.
    Our boys are 5&7 and queuing just made them wind each other up.
    Get the LEGOLAND app and it shows you the current waiting times.
    Would definitely plan what rides you want to go on and plan a path through the park to avoid wandering around too much.
    Rides open at 10 but gates open at 930. Toilets, Lego shops, cafes etc are available at the entrance before they let you go to the rides. If you get there at opening time you are already late !!
  • Redrobo said:

buckshee said:

Worth the money IMO, especially if you are going in holidays. My wife and I split up and one would Q a ride while the other one used the Qbot for the rides our son really wanted to go on - invariably the ones with the longer Q. You do Q but it is no way near as long.

Everyone has someone keeping a place in the Q so don’t get upset and go with the flow. A bit frustrating when you are so close to getting on and another 6 arrive, but hey ho, they are only young once!
    So when you finished the Q-Bot ride you cut the kids into the other queue? That OK?
  • We did last year - just the cheap one. Well worth it as we got on everything I think.

The ones in Florida are 3 times that price at least I think...this summer is going to cost a fortune
  • Swisdom said:

We did last year - just the cheap one. Well worth it as we got on everything I think.

The ones in Florida are 3 times that price at least I think...this summer is going to cost a fortune

I was shocked there are £80pp ones - family of 4 or 5 that's a crazy amount. Guess some people pay it though.
  • Swisdom said:

We did last year - just the cheap one. Well worth it as we got on everything I think.

I was shocked there are £80pp ones - family of 4 or 5 that's a crazy amount. Guess some people pay it though.

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Disney vary the price depending on busy it is too. Nice trick!

The thing is if I’m going to a park just once and I’ve spent thousands to get there and only have one day then a couple of hundred quid extra isn’t the end of the world as it means we get to do it all.

• Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Disney vary the price depending on busy it is too. Nice trick!

The thing is if I’m going to a park just once and I’ve spent thousands to get there and only have one day then a couple of hundred quid extra isn’t the end of the world as it means we get to do it all.

True - £80 on a £50 ticket is very OTT though!
  • Swisdom said:

You won’t need them for Legoland Florida. The place is out of the way and pretty quiet.

Have done the parks in Florida twice and have never bothered with Fast Passes. The only rides that I ever queued a long time for were The Simpsons and Escape from Gringots at Universal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

You won’t need them for Legoland Florida. The place is out of the way and pretty quiet.

Have done the parks in Florida twice and have never bothered with Fast Passes. The only rides that I ever queued a long time for were The Simpsons and Escape from Gringots at Universal.
    All depends on the time of year I guess. I've just been earlier this month and while Universal was quiet with no queue over an hour, Disney was 120mins for almost every big ride as their was a cheerleading competition being held at one of the resorts.
  • buckshee said:

Have never used them but depending on the ages would it be worth getting two of each?

If they are going on different rides with different que times you could take it in turns with the Mrs to go on the rides with each of the kids
  • buckshee said:

Have never used them but depending on the ages would it be worth getting two of each?

If they are going on different rides with different que times you could take it in turns with the Mrs to go on the rides with each of the kids
    Youngest wouldn't need one as under rhe limit so I agree might be worth just rwo and us adults swapping.
  • Sorry , i must have been up in space for the last few years , but what the heck is a Q Bot?
  • Sorry , i must have been up in space for the last few years , but what the heck is a Q Bot?

It's a little electonic pager type thing that effectively queues for you so you can go and do other stuff then go straight on the rides.

Or there is a more expensive one that just queue jumps you.

They're pretty wrong really, it separates the haves from the have nots and teaches kids rich people can push in, but as Swisdom has pointed out, if you're going then you want to get the most out of the day.
  • Basically pay more on top of the extortionate ticket prices to jump the queue...without it be prepared to wait 30-45 minute. Works simply enough.
    We had 2 for 1 tickets + Tesco clubcard discounted ticket and I still thought it was expensive.
    Food was another rip off...but you expect that from these places.
  • We took our Grandkids to Lego Land last summer on a Sunday and didn't bother with Q-Bot. The queues were not too bad, I seem to recall the longest we waited was approx 35 minutes for the new Ninja 3D ride but apart from that it all went well
  • We took our Grandkids to Lego Land last summer on a Sunday and didn't bother with Q-Bot. The queues were not too bad, I seem to recall the longest we waited was approx 35 minutes for the new Ninja 3D ride but apart from that it all went well

Thanks - may be worth judging on the day then.
  • I went during school holidays last may and it was a shocker without a q-bot. We had a mix of ages and went for two straight to the front and three waiting ones for 6 and that worked well.

If it’s going to be busy, the waiting ones are ok but nearly everyone has one.