Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options

bobmunro said:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere on here - on good authority that Abu Ogogo is signing for us.

Interesting as he's the Shrewsbury Team Captain... and so the exodus begins

Although out of contract its a worry that he's currently recovering from a Knee Injury
    HIs knee injury was in Feb 2017, he has since played 36 league games this season. Seems to have recovered fine.
    He also hasnt played or been on bench since 20th March.

Maybe it is still an issue
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere on here - on good authority that Abu Ogogo is signing for us.

"In May 2010, he was sentenced to eight month's imprisonment, suspended for eighteen months and ordered to perform 120 hours of unpaid community service, after pleading guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm in an assault in Croydon in August 2008."
    Case dismissed....
  • Options
    edited May 2018

bobmunro said:

"In May 2010, he was sentenced to eight month's imprisonment, suspended for eighteen months and ordered to perform 120 hours of unpaid community service, after pleading guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm in an assault in Croydon in August 2008."
    He'll get on well with Bowyer then...let's not judge players on their history. The incident was a decade ago, he's clearly been pretty focused since.

Also, if it was in Croydon, it may have been a Palace fan, so not all bad.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Where has that come from? Would be a fantastic signing if true and a good replacement for Kashi if he isn't here next season
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Where has that come from? Would be a fantastic signing if true and a good replacement for Kashi if he isn't here next season
    A very ITK person linked to STFC.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

A very ITK person linked to STFC.
    The bloke in the orange shirt?
    That's him.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I've got a mate on the inside over in Salop, I've text him to find out if he's heard anything..
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

bobmunro said:

I've got a mate on the inside over in Salop, I've text him to find out if he's heard anything..
    Update: "he's out of contract and wants to go back to London"

Guess it's a possibility then.
  • Options

Was heavily linked with Peterborough, they agreed a fee but apparently Godden rejected the move as the wages were too low.

We were linked with him last summer, I wonder if we will go for him again

http://the72.co.uk/103656/peterborough-cant-afford-transfer-target-wage-demands-says-evans/
    Posh Chairman said on twitter that his agent was asking for silly wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was heavily linked with Peterborough, they agreed a fee but apparently Godden rejected the move as the wages were too low.

http://the72.co.uk/103656/peterborough-cant-afford-transfer-target-wage-demands-says-evans/
    Charlton would be ideal for him then!
  • Options

Charlton would be ideal for him then!
    KM not negotiating transfers for us anymore
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    bobmunro said:

Short arse, injury-prone, late 20s and only a couple of seasons at this level. Just what we need.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Short arse, injury-prone, late 20s and only a couple of seasons at this level. Just what we need.
    Arguably Shrewsbury’s best player this year though along with Nolan and Godfrey. Their form dropped off once he got injured.
  • Options

will we sign his brother Einstein too?

Damn you - I've now got that song as an earworm

• Options

... And what if the new manager (who is apparently coming from St Mirren) struggles with English? football.

• Options

Wouldn't mind trying to get Beckles from Shrewsbury either but sounds like he's off to Wigan.

Or Rodman.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Aussies sanctioning it perhaps. They know a lot about convicts!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Think Beckles may be found out as a one season flash in the pan. Had a good run this year but seems like a bit of a bull in a China shop type player. Can see him having a big drop off next season if Shrewsbury don't start the season strongly. Same with Nsiala.

Shrews players I would like us to target (perm or loan from parent club): James Bolton, Abu Ogogo, Alex Rodman, Jon Nolan and Ben Godfrey.

Some unlikely to sign for us with Championship clubs sniffing around but those are their top players IMO.
  • Options

Another one? Pete is usually quite reliable, I wonder who's asking around for us
  • Options
    Ben Godfrey isn't a Shrewsbury player... Was only ever on loan from Norwich
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

will we sign his brother Einstein too?

Damn you - I've now got that song as an earworm

This should help

https://youtu.be/GU8YgUwixZw
  • Options

Another one? Pete is usually quite reliable, I wonder who's asking around for us
    14 in 45 in League 2 last season. 27 and never played above National league until last season. Not sure he is the 20 goal striker we are looking for...
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/16259609.League_Two_clubs_eye_Charlton_attacker/

KAG attracting interest from Crawley and A N Other League 2 club but CAFC won't sell.
  • Options

He'll go to Sheff Wednesday then on a 10 year deal. ;)
  • Options
    Whos making transfer decisions for us at the mo?
  • Options

Halix said:

Whos making transfer decisions for us at the mo?

He is a crap Sid Vicious