Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• are the England youth teams playing for Konza and Da Silva to get called up?
  • edited August 2017

are the England youth teams playing for Konza and Da Silva to get called up?

U19s have a fixture on 1st September against Poland so Dasilva could be involved in that as could Konsa... there is also an U20s fixture against Holland the day before, once again both players could also be involved in that match.
  • are the England youth teams playing for Konza and Da Silva to get called up?

U19s have a fixture on 1st September against Poland so Dasilva could be involved in that as could Konsa... there is also an U20s fixture against Holland the day before, once again both players could also be involved in that match.
    Fingers crossed. I'd assume that if fit DaSilva will be in at least one of the squads. Given he's 19 and will be 20 in October and thus won't be eligible for the next U20 world cup I'd be surprised if Konsa is in the U20 squad. I think for him it's the U21s or nothing from here on out.
  • clive said:
    At least that evens things up a bit if the game does go ahead
  • Starting for N.Ireland this morning against Panama
  • When Northern Ireland were cheated out of the World Cup by that useless ref, Magennis seemed to have his form seriously dip!
  • CH4RLTON said:

One player who I seriously hope stays next season.

Be interesting if Bolton come back in for him
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:

Wouldn't be bothered if he left tbh, on his day he is a good player and has alot to his game but not a main striker. Too inconsistent for me, but still not bothered if stays.
  • Meanwhile, Josh Magennis played 88 minutes of @NorthernIreland's goalless draw against Panama in the early hours of this morning

• Yes, just needs a goalscorer next in him.

• edited May 2018

CH4RLTON said:

Wouldn't be bothered if he left tbh, on his day he is a good player and has alot to his game but not a main striker. Too inconsistent for me, but still not bothered if stays.
    At our level, and obviously none of us know our budget for next year, but there will almost certainly be trade offs in any center forward we can get in. Josh can be frustrating, but on his day he can be an absolute handful for defenses whilst still being able to play a bit of football. I think a better coaching set up and not being relied on as being literally our only striker for a season will see him be more productive. Ideally we'll get in another striker to be our first choice center forward, but I just don't see where that person is going to come from unless it's overseas.
  • edited May 2018

Might be an idea if we played to his strengths though!

which are what excatly ?? I saw this evening he was taking the throw-ins for NI - he did the same away to Shrewsbury. If you are the one & only target man you are taking the throws it suggests to me that you ain't very good.

He scored 10 goals in over 40 games (inc play-offs). He isn't that powerful in the air for someone big & strong & very often mistimes his jumps & beaten in the air around 80% of the time.

His best attribute is his crossing.....
  • A good pro who tries his heart out and gets himself into some great goal scoring positions but boy oh boy does he miss some sitters and sadly there in lies the problem.
  • Don't rate him, but he'll probably be here next season.
  • Might be an idea if we played to his strengths though!

which are what excatly ?? I saw this evening he was taking the throw-ins for NI - he did the same away to Shrewsbury. If you are the one & only target man you are taking the throws it suggests to me that you ain't very good.

He scored 10 goals in over 40 games (inc play-offs). He isn't that powerful in the air for someone big & strong & very often mistimes his jumps & beaten in the air around 80% of the time.

Well if you haven't seen them, you must have been closing your eyes in quite a few games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Might be an idea if we played to his strengths though!

Well if you haven't seen them, you must have been closing your eyes in quite a few games.
    I've never seen him play well either
  • At his best he bullies opponents and he wins his headers. There have been a decent number of games where this has been evident and, I would assume, which may have persuaded Bolton to come in for him.
  • At his best he bullies opponents and he wins his headers. There have been a decent number of games where this has been evident and, I would assume, which may have persuaded Bolton to come in for him.

absolute rot !! bullies defenders ?? you've obvously never seen Macolm McDonald play then. Alan Shearer is half his size but was a lot more physical......just ask Jonathan Fortune.
  • I have seen both play. They were both England Internationals playing in the top division. So he is rubbish because he is not as good as Shearer! I'll have some of what you are having. Maybe you missed it, but we are a League One club!
  • We will not get promoted relying on Magennis as our main striker, simples.
  • edited May 2018
    I agree - we need to buy somebody to play alongside him. Simples!

agreed, we had this discussion last summer and the season proved it. Decent player, nothing more nothing less IMO
  • ross1 said:

Meanwhile, Josh Magennis played 88 minutes of @NorthernIreland's goalless draw against Panama in the early hours of this morning

good for Panama to have played against a striker similar to Harry Kane ;-))

agreed, we had this discussion last summer and the season proved it. Decent player, nothing more nothing less IMO
    You are not wrong - a decent player and it might be a good idea to try to keep our decent players.
  • for us to get out of this league id see him at best as a squad player ...an honest pro but relying on him to score lots of goals wont work