Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• No idea on reliability nor who made this decision if its true, but my mate just text me saying Luke Steele will be training with us when we're back from pre-season

That sounds like a sensible enough rumour to be true!

Released by Bristol, so looking for a new club. I imagine either Gallen or our GK coach have been in contact with him
    yeah just checked it out and saw he's been released, didn't know he was Bristol City. If true, definitely no harm in having a look at him, seems like a decent signing on paper.
    Seems like a good signing and would be a solid, experienced GK to mentor Dillon Phillips. Hope this rumour is true.
  • Sunderland are only 9/2 at skybet to win league one, can't decide if that's good odds or not. They 'should' absolutely walk this division.
  • Sunderland are only 9/2 at skybet to win league one, can't decide if that's good odds or not. They 'should' absolutely walk this division.

Is it a bit early to have a ew flutter on promotion/ winners of each league? Wolves stayed out for a bit and always thought they would smash it, Sunderland look likely unless we get our new owners quick and they mean business.
  • Only thing with Paul Hurst is the players they could sign. His record to date is signing hardworking underrated players and making them a good side. Sunderland are a big club for League 1, and it will be a completely different market to what he is used to. A bit like Curbs when he went to West Ham and blew money on some crap rather than finding the little bargains he did with us.

I disagree to be honest, Curbs did a very good job at West Ham. Your signings are only as good as your league finish.
  • No idea on reliability nor who made this decision if its true, but my mate just text me saying Luke Steele will be training with us when we're back from pre-season

Released by Bristol, so looking for a new club. I imagine either Gallen or our GK coach have been in contact with him
    yeah just checked it out and saw he's been released, didn't know he was Bristol City. If true, definitely no harm in having a look at him, seems like a decent signing on paper.
    Seems like a good signing and would be a solid, experienced GK to mentor Dillon Phillips. Hope this rumour is true.
    Will Dillon be content as a number 2 again? doubt it

Is it a bit early to have a ew flutter on promotion/ winners of each league? Wolves stayed out for a bit and always thought they would smash it, Sunderland look likely unless we get our new owners quick and they mean business.
    That's why i said i can't decide if it's a good price or not.

On the face of it, it seems good and could get shorter if they start splashing cash around.

But they're a club off the back of 2 relegations so they do need to buy a whole team that could take time to gel. And what if the new manager (who is apparently coming from St Mirren) struggles with english football.
  • Only thing with Paul Hurst is the players they could sign. His record to date is signing hardworking underrated players and making them a good side. Sunderland are a big club for League 1, and it will be a completely different market to what he is used to. A bit like Curbs when he went to West Ham and blew money on some crap rather than finding the little bargains he did with us.

I disagree to be honest, Curbs did a very good job at West Ham. Your signings are only as good as your league finish.
    So many other factors to be taken into account IMO so I don't agree with that statement

I agree Curbs did a good job at West Ham but I still think he blew some stupid money, especially wages on players like Boa Morte and Dyer
  • ross1 said:

No idea on reliability nor who made this decision if its true, but my mate just text me saying Luke Steele will be training with us when we're back from pre-season

Will Dillon be content as a number 2 again? doubt it
    Is Dillon good enough to be number 1? I wasn't necessarily saying Dillon as #2 tbf, I've barely seen him play so not sure of his quality, but thought it could create good competition in that position and supply someone who Dillon could learn off, whether he is #1 or #2 pick.

Kept them up and were top half or higher when he walked for not being allowed final say on signings so can't really blame him on players bought.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Dills has to play games. If it’s not here, then he needs to go somewhere where he will be number one, no lower than L2. The way this season went, he could’ve gone on loan,and Ashley be on the bench. He won’t be happy not playing.
  • Are they hawking him around now then ?? Tell 'em to piss off. Didn't they muck us about in the transfer window. Hopefully we can now do better
  • Are they hawking him around now then ?? Tell 'em to piss off. Didn't they muck us about in the transfer window. Hopefully we can now do better
    Yep. Turned down multiple contract offers so they're flogging him.
  • Was heavily linked with Peterborough, they agreed a fee but apparently Godden rejected the move as the wages were too low.

We were linked with him last summer, I wonder if we will go for him again

http://the72.co.uk/103656/peterborough-cant-afford-transfer-target-wage-demands-says-evans/
  • Strange as I'd have thought that Peterborough could afford him!!

Unless he either wants to stay around Central London as he is a local lad or as a Charlton fan will know that the takeover is happening so in the meantime will put all his eggs into the one basket and hope that we return for him
  • edited May 2018

Not sure how legitimate this is, us and Barnsley apparently in for Sonny Bradley from Plymouth

I had a ganders at the Plymouth forum and they certainly seem to think he's off somewhere
  • edited May 2018
    Interesting... He was one of two / three players missing for Plymouth when we played them @ the Valley this season.

He returned the week after our match yet think their fans definitely missed him when we beat them - Along with Graham Carey he's a player I wouldnt be disappointed to see sign for us in the summer to be honest
  • 6 ft 5 so definitely passes the height test
  • Sponsored links:

• Weird how all the clubs linked with him in that tweet are northern.
  • edited May 2018
    bobmunro said:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere on here - on good authority that Abu Ogogo is signing for us.

Interesting as he's the Shrewsbury Team Captain... and so the exodus begins

Although out of contract its a worry that he's currently recovering from a Knee Injury
  • bobmunro said:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere on here - on good authority that Abu Ogogo is signing for us.

Would be a good signing and definitely add some much needed bite to the midfield but I hope that doesn’t push Dijksteel down the pecking order even more.
  • bobmunro said:

We can ask our mate Alfie Smith if he is any good.

• bobmunro said:

Although out of contract its a worry that he's currently recovering from a Knee Injury
    HIs knee injury was in Feb 2017, he has since played 36 league games this season. Seems to have recovered fine.
  • Wouldn't mind trying to get Beckles from Shrewsbury either but sounds like he's off to Wigan.
  • bobmunro said:

HIs knee injury was in Feb 2017, he has since played 36 league games this season. Seems to have recovered fine.
    It went again in April and had surgery. He was expected to be fit for the final but injured himself again in training.

He is a bit 'made of glass' but that's probably to do with the way he plays. A fit Ogogo would certainly be an asset.
  • edited May 2018
    bobmunro said:

"In May 2010, he was sentenced to eight month's imprisonment, suspended for eighteen months and ordered to perform 120 hours of unpaid community service, after pleading guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm in an assault in Croydon in August 2008."