Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blues music and Jonathan Bartley

Last summer we popped in a pub in Broadstairs. A live band was due to play; therefore, we thought we would hang around and give them a listen.
The band was called The Mustangs and they were on top of their game. After the gig I was standing on the pavement waiting for my wife when the drummer who was excellent, came up to me and asked if I enjoyed the set. He was a really nice bloke.
I found it all a bit wierd though when I saw him on Question Time last night as the joint leader of the Green Party.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mustangs

Comments

• Options
    A few years back when I was broadcasting an unsigned band show, I featured the Mustangs quite a bit using their album Cut Loose. They were good.

Some of their tracks included Honey Rock, Living with a Broken Heart, Canada Eyes, Thunder in the Air.

Did they play any of those?
  • Options

A few years back when I was broadcasting an unsigned band show, I featured the Mustangs quite a bit using their album Cut Loose. They were good.

Some of their tracks included Honey Rock, Living with a Broken Heart, Canada Eyes, Thunder in the Air.

Did they play any of those?

They certainly played Thunder in the Air and Honey Rock.
    They may have well played the rest;unfortunately, as I was not familiar with there music at all I cannot remember.
    There new album Just Passing Through has some excellent reviews. I hope it does well for them.
  • Options
    On the One Show this evening - interesting character.
  • Options
    Just watched it, brief clip of the Mustangs too.
  • Options
    Stepping down as joint leader of the Greens as party rules dictate their leader can only serve two-year terms.

I hope he either stands again or finds another platform. He comes across as one of the best, most intelligent politicians the UK has right now.
  • Options
    Saw him score a shed load of goals for welling back in the 80's
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Stepping down as joint leader of the Greens as party rules dictate their leader can only serve two-year terms.

I hope he either stands again or finds another platform. He comes across as one of the best, most intelligent politicians the UK has right now.

That's interesting, I hadn't realised that. So what happens if there's suddenly a sea-change in the public's political views and the Greens won a majority in parliament - would any Green prime minister have to step down after two years?