Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ConIFA World Cup 2018 in England

Not sure if anyone knows anything about this but was just reading about this 'alternative' World Cup happening soon for unrecognised countries or stateless people. Games are happening in Bromley and Rotherhithe amongst others. Have hardly heard of any of these teams but it looks interesting and some people on here might want to have a look.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_ConIFA_World_Football_Cup?wprov=sfla1

Comments

• Being sponsored by Paddy Power
  • Gotta support Padania just for the flag n kit.
  • The Isle of Man should have decent travelling support for this.
  • Currently working on it. Not exactly a money spinner
  • DRAddick said:

Gotta support Padania just for the flag n kit.

Shame none of there 3 games are Bromley
  • This starts on Thursday. Mark Clattenburg refereeing two games over the course of the tournament.

• I'm going to Barawa v Tamil Eelam on Thursday night over at Bromley . Should be interesting
  • cafc4life said:

I'm going to Barawa v Tamil Eelam on Thursday night over at Bromley . Should be interesting

Assuming you buy tickets on the night.

My son keeps going on about Football and Welling is still ages away
  • cafc4life said:

I'm going to Barawa v Tamil Eelam on Thursday night over at Bromley . Should be interesting

Just don't tell them you're taking them to the World Cup unless you fancy pulling a prank.
  • cafc4life said:

I bought em via their website print at home was £11. Can't imagine there's gonna be mega queues come thursday mind
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018

cafc4life said:

Just don't tell them you're taking them to the World Cup unless you fancy pulling a prank.
    Haha he is only 3 and a half so thankfully he doesnt know.

But he wanted to watch football the other day so i just threw some Charlton highlights on and he said Charlton are daddies favourites(I must admit I did have a tear,been trying to get him to say Charlton for months haha)
  • Will be going to a game or two. May involve pubs too.
  • Quite like this rule...

ConIFA announced a total of 25 referees for the tournament, led by former Premier League official Mark Clattenburg.[12] During the tournament, referees will use a third card in addition to the red and yellow; the green card, introduced as a concept by the tournament sponsor Paddy Power, will be issued to players either for dissent or diving; a player given a green card is required to be substituted immediately.

Wonder what'll happen if three subs have been used, will it be an instant red?
  • didn't know anything about this before. just seen that Bromley are hosting the opening ceremony plus a game on Thursday evening. might pop over to that. hope they're selling a programme because my knowledge of Barawa or Tamil Eelam isn't as good as it should be.
  • didn't know anything about this before. just seen that Bromley are hosting the opening ceremony plus a game on Thursday evening. might pop over to that. hope they're selling a programme because my knowledge of Barawa or Tamil Eelam isn't as good as it should be.

They are, £5 but believe it covers all the teams in the tournament.

ConIFA announced a total of 25 referees for the tournament, led by former Premier League official Mark Clattenburg.[12] During the tournament, referees will use a third card in addition to the red and yellow; the green card, introduced as a concept by the tournament sponsor Paddy Power, will be issued to players either for dissent or diving; a player given a green card is required to be substituted immediately.

Wonder what'll happen if three subs have been used, will it be an instant red?

He sure looks older. Has he got progeria?

ConIFA announced a total of 25 referees for the tournament, led by former Premier League official Mark Clattenburg.[12] During the tournament, referees will use a third card in addition to the red and yellow; the green card, introduced as a concept by the tournament sponsor Paddy Power, which gives the player permanent leave to stay in the US. Donald Trump is said to be furious.

• cafc4life said:

@cafc4life I might see you there. I've never been to Bromley's ground. Is there a pub for pre-match drinks?
  • edited May 2018
    Bromley have a bar at the ground which is quite good.

otherwise you got the bricklayers arms (plus the bitter end ale shop/bar) on the A21. or the George in Hayes.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Ive only ever been once before, I will have a beer in there beforehand
  • Going to see Padania v Matabeleland this pm. Surely Johnny Robinson will put in an appearance?
  • Is interesting when you go through the Squads for all these teams

United Koreans in Japan have a North Korean; An Yong-hak who was at the 2010 World Cup whilst Barawa have two kids from Queens Park Rangers and one from Millwall - Whilst its not going to be a great level to watch I cant imagine it being the amateur level that many would expect
  • So who is heading to Hayes Lane tonight
  • Just heading there now with my boy.
    Anyone wanna come say hi you are more than welcome to(i know you all love me haha)

I left my CL badge at home but i am sure you will know who I am I will be the guy with the unhighlighted hair haha

Anyway come on Barawa
  • Some quality goals there
  • Went to Barawa v Tamil Eelam tonight . Finished 4-0 to Barawa. Really enjoyable game with some quality football at times which surprised me . Mark Clattenburg was also the referee
  • Whatever team has a Sky blue shield badge with a yellow star and crescent moon is who I’ll support. All their players just got on my train carriage.