Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fifa 18 update.

Is anyone else having problems with the new up date?

Comments

• Will give it a try now smudge and let you know
  • Nope, mine has downloaded and is working fine.

I have already packed a multitude of amaing players in free packs, including Iniesta, Hummels, Pique, Lukaku, Modric, De Bruyne, Aguero, Messi, Icardi and James Rodriguez
  • sam3110 said:

Nope, mine has downloaded and is working fine.

I have already packed a multitude of amaing players in free packs, including Iniesta, Hummels, Pique, Lukaku, Modric, De Bruyne, Aguero, Messi, Icardi and James Rodriguez

Do you get the free packs once it's download?
  • Love a World Cup update. Imo really freshens up the online experience.
  • Should really have an international ultimate team all the time imo
  • Downloaded it and it seems to be working fine. Will give it a go later.

For anyone who hasn't downloaded it just know it took between an hour and an hour and a half for mine to download (I put it on to download then went about my day so time is approximate).
  • Mine took less than 15 minutes.

I started the download and left it thinking it would take a while and 12/13 minutes later I could hear the background music. Not sure how it done so quick
  • Mine took less than 15 minutes.

I started the download and left it thinking it would take a while and 12/13 minutes later I could hear the background music. Not sure how it done so quick

Ah interesting. Mine wasn't that quick but I only checked it once. It might also be because my internet isn't great because I live in the middle of the woods (sort of but not really).
  • I miss Fifa
  • Sponsored links:

• Store not working for me at the moment to open my free packs!

Biggest issue at the moment is Nick Pope is not available for the England squad - even though players who didn't even make the reserve list are available to select!
  • Is it an update where you get a FIFA world cup game add on.

Look forward to just whacking it on legendary, playing as England and going all the way.

Can't really picture Harry kane lifting the world cup to be honest.
  • You can do the tournament offline or online, online friendlies, a custom tournament with the teams that didn't qualify (Italy, Netherlands etc) as well as a new FUT mode with world cup team only packs.
  • Apparently they've taken the store offline as the pack weight was wrong and everyone was getting insane players.
  • Apparently they've taken the store offline as the pack weight was wrong and everyone was getting insane players.

So I've missed out on getting epic players?! Damnit!
  • Only what I've read on twitter. But makes sense, especially seeing the list of players Sam got a few posts up
  • Yup, looks like I'm one of the lucky ones
  • RedRyan said:

Store not working for me at the moment to open my free packs!

Biggest issue at the moment is Nick Pope is not available for the England squad - even though players who didn't even make the reserve list are available to select!

To be fair I imagine they had to do the squads weeks if not months ago, I imagine there will be an update to fix the squads at some point in the not too distant future.

And I can understand not having Alexander-Arnold or Nick Pope because both are uncapped, but they have Kieran Gibbs and Andros Townsend and Michael Antonio but no Ashley Young who started one of the spring friendlies. Oh and they have a player called Luke Shaw in there. Name kind of rings a bell, is he a footballer?
  • Done Tunisia 5-0, Panama 5-0 and Belgium 4-1. Thorough to the knock- out stages and saved progress. Was only on Professional level. May need to up that.
  • I haven't really played that much Ultimate Team through the years, much more career mode for me.
    Played the world cup version four years ago though, and thought it was nice.

Got Ronaldinho today, did not expect that! Having a great time playing with him, even though he's surrounded by not so exciting players :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else packed some decent players?

My luck seems to be running still as I got a Suarez in a pack, and the subsequent pack on normal FUT I packed a TOTS Insigne!

I also have Cavani, Casemiro, Alba, Eriksen and have packed Aguero 3 times now
  • What is packing? Never played ultimate team.
  • What is packing? Never played ultimate team.

So glad I'm not the only one. Didn't want to look like the old man who only knows how to play friendlies and a season as aanager.
  • SDAddick said:

What is packing? Never played ultimate team.

So glad I'm not the only one. Didn't want to look like the old man who only knows how to play friendlies and a season as aanager.
    Likewise, haven’t a clue. Just bought FIFA18 for my son (he has had 17 for a while) so can upgrade but don’t know about Ultimate Team.
  • I've never understood the fuss with Ultimate Team. My interest in it kinda faded when I realised that you can just pay money to have a better advantage over others -where is the fun in that?
  • Never liked UT much so haven’t really bothered with it. Know a few people who have packed Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, and Icon Maradona.

Just find it a bit odd and don’t understand the whole fuss myself. But lots of people pay lots of money, and earn a whole tonne back too.
  • Basically ultimate team is a version of the game where you trade coins for packs of players, like football stickers, and build a team of players to play with. So you can have a fantasy team of all the best players together, and they have ex pros in the game too like Henry, Ronaldinho, Okocha, Lineker, Ferdinand and Overmars to name but a few.

There's the option to buy instant packs, or you can build up a squad by playing games and earning coins the hard way.

It's a money maker for EA Sports but the new world cup update seems to have made it a lot easier to get great players in packs.

Personally I enjoy it a lot and being able to put together a dream team of superstars is more enjoyable than playing 120 games against the computer just to get Charlton into the Premier League, but that's just me.
  • Was rocking single player tournament to build a decent team. Then tried online, lost all three including getting trounced 9-1 in my second game...
  • wouldn’t be surprised if @stackitsteve is right. yesterday i packed kroos, aguero and matthaus in the space of 5 packs, then they took the store down. since then i’ve opened around 15 packs and the best i’ve got is mbappe
  • So is packing paying real money for a pack of players?