Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"The Wheels of Justice."

Comments

• I think the issue is that there is a significant cultural problem of misogyny which applies to Pakistani men from particular regions e.g Mirpur. I have worked for the last ten years in a town with the largest proportion of muslims in the entire country, and every year it grows larger as the white populations flees a place which feels less like England and more like a Pakistani town with every passing day. The demographics are of such import that it is having a serious effect upon the economy and an even more significant effect upon community cohesiveness and integration, which has demonstrably failed by any measure. When I first began working here, there were a few full face veils, now they have multiplied manifold times....in these parts, the enlightenment is on the retreat and medievalism is back in fashion, it seems.

So people who are worried about these changes must be racists, right?

Along with these changes is the increasing imposition of a misogynist culture, although, strangely in the eyes of many is the active role that many females play in enforcing it. We have problems where I work with gangs of Pakistani muslim men who feel that they are able to intimidate and abuse women with impunity - women are constantly complaining about it, but those with power do not want to deal with the issue as they see it as problematic (i.e involving people who are not white, and thus must be held to different standards than those who are; this is the crux of the problem). It is understandable that this sense of 'untouchability' has spread, as the problems that this culture causes in this town have been systematically covered up and excused over years, even becoming, effectively, victim blaming in many cases. It is shocking when you meet people who have even had close family members gang raped, but a Police force that does not want to know and will not pursue an investigation. I think that this is changing now, but, my God, it took a long time.

Part of the problem is 'Islamophobia'. A westernised muslim is not a problem, but a non-westernised muslim most certainly is. They have, with the support and encouragement of self labelled 'progressives' created a mini version of their homeland right here in the UK, together with its backward attitudes and certain abhorrent practices. It is telling that we have only now had the first successful prosecution for forced marriage, when it has been a pretty much state approved practice of inflicting violence and rape upon powerless women. It is still a significant problem; of the people I know from that background it is shockingly common. I cannot get my head around how a mother will gladly effectively sell their own offspring into a life of misery (and it many cases, it is, unbelievably, for money). It wrecks thousands of lives around here, but it is swept under the carpet and the victims are expected to silently endure a living hell rather than 'bring shame upon the community' by seeking to escape it (can you imagine being forced into being raped by an elderly relative when you are below the age of consent? can you imagine them also being a sadist, yet your family blame you if you complain about it? unfortunately, I have experienced multiple cases like these and I struggle to understand how one human being can inflict this upon another human being, let alone a family member...it really is sick). To be born a Pakistani muslim female really does appear to be one of the worst cards that you could have been dealt in life....there are so many issues and cases which I could relate; it is so sad that they are seen as an unfashionable cause and as 'problematic' but these are real people with real lives and what some of them have endured would be enough to bring anyone to tears. So many lives ruined, so sad.

Then we have the grooming gangs, which a policeman here admitted had been a problem since the 1970s, but have been ignored, covered up and censored in the name of community cohesion. This is the heart of the issue; the authorities have been covering up, excusing and thereby tacitly endorsing these issues for well over a decade and this has simply emboldened the perpetrators more and more. There is a disgustingly misogynistic strain of backwards Pakistani muslim culture that has been transferred to a modern western democracy and tacitly encouraged and the double standards are appalling. Quite simply, if it were not an ethnic minority behind this mass abuse you would never hear the end of it, but instead the victims here are expected to shut up and put up with it in the interests of multiculturalism Islamophobia is a non concept. Anyone who knows the tenets of this religion with regard to its attitude to women, non-believers, homosexuals and apostates should fear it, it is only natural. But this perfectly legitimate reaction has been labelled as racism, one again excusing and endorsing it. These attitudes should be challenged and expunged from any civilised society, yet they are endorsed and supported by our cowardly authorities who, of course, find it much easier to go after those challenging it rather than the perpetrators. Let's not forget the big picture; there has been an epidemic of the mass rape of tens of thousands of minors over the last couple of decades that has been allowed due to the ethnicity of the perpetrators. The anger at this is understandable, yet the shady way that the authorities have just dealt with someone who has breached a court order will only serve to reinforce the perception that they are, rightly or wrongly firmly on the side of the perpetrators.

Look at the #metoo issue and how it dominated the media, in some cases with many trivialising the issue by tying it up to perceived slights and discrimination, yet when we have a huge mass of the voiceless and powerless who have had unimaginable ordeals at the hands of truly evil men, the silence is......deafening.

Until these issues are addressed and challenged and stamped out and the rank hypocrisy of the authorities and media changes, then we can only assume that it is business as usual. Until the next time.....and the next time and the next time......

Well thought out and expressed. If Yaxley-Lennon tried a bit of that he might be more credible.
    Is that not what he is trying? Listen to him
    Not really.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson
  • The crimes being committed here by who ever Muslims, the Church, celebrities, whites, blacks, the left, the right, are so horrendous that every right thinking person, should take to streets, and make who ever is not ensuring that when caught those responsible are given the maximum punishment possible.
    Be that the government, the police or the system.
    That those who are responsible, are failing miserably to deal with this, and the roots of one part of the problem have been set out clearly by bigstemarra, can’t mean we slag off or support someone who for whatever reason has raised this issue. If there is the slightest truth in what bigstemarra says and I believe there is, then instead of if it happened to one of mine I’d do whatever, this is the time to deal with this and let’s all sides of this debate recognise it for what it is and deal with the simple fact that young children are being sold for sex, in this country today, and if that means standing with people who don’t share your views so be it, and how about those within these communities who find these crimes abhorrent having a bit more to say
  • I'd suggest watching the BBC drama. It is clear from that that race wasn't the major issue with the initial lack of investigation, there was (and I bet still is in many circles) and view that teenage girls from working class backgrounds, sleeping with men is a bunch of slappers who sleep around, not a group of children being groomed and abused. The lower class background and wariness of authority of these girls is often all the proof needed to write them off.

It is clear from the Rotherham cases that the biggest hurdle was getting police and even social services to even admit there was a crime happening and that the girls were the victims.
  • Gillis said:

Look at the #metoo issue and how it dominated the media, in some cases with many trivialising the issue by tying it up to perceived slights and discrimination, yet when we have a huge mass of the voiceless and powerless who have had unimaginable ordeals at the hands of truly evil men, the silence is......deafening.

Silence? This scandal has been on the front page of every national newspaper. It's been the top item on every national news bulletin on radio and television. It dominated the news for weeks. And all of the coverage has mentioned the race of the alleged perpetrators, and discussed the role that that played in preventing the story coming to light sooner.

I think you would struggle to find a single person who isn't aware of this scandal, and that's a result of the extensive media coverage that it's received.

There are reporting restrictions in place at the moment, which will exist for very good reasons (as has already been explained at length on this thread). Make no mistake, when the trials are all concluded, this will receive extensive media coverage again.

It's simply a fabrication to suggest that there has been silence on this issue, or that nobody now is willing to discuss the ethnicity of those allegedly involved. I think a lot of the people suggesting otherwise have an agenda in doing so.
    Well, I for one was completely unaware of this case until I opened this thread today.

A key element of this crime is the perpetrators ethnicity and religion, purely because it links to similar disturbing cases that have recently happened throughout the UK. For you to suggest there are alternative agendas here because of those facts is an absolute disgrace.

Your assumptions just highlights every point that @bigstemarra was making.

• Addickted said:

Gillis said:

Silence? This scandal has been on the front page of every national newspaper. It's been the top item on every national news bulletin on radio and television. It dominated the news for weeks. And all of the coverage has mentioned the race of the alleged perpetrators, and discussed the role that that played in preventing the story coming to light sooner.

I think you would struggle to find a single person who isn't aware of this scandal, and that's a result of the extensive media coverage that it's received.

There are reporting restrictions in place at the moment, which will exist for very good reasons (as has already been explained at length on this thread). Make no mistake, when the trials are all concluded, this will receive extensive media coverage again.

It's simply a fabrication to suggest that there has been silence on this issue, or that nobody now is willing to discuss the ethnicity of those allegedly involved. I think a lot of the people suggesting otherwise have an agenda in doing so.
    Well, I for one was completely unaware of this case until I opened this thread today.

A key element of this crime is the perpetrators ethnicity and religion, purely because it links to similar disturbing cases that have recently happened throughout the UK. For you to suggest there are alternative agendas here because of those facts is an absolute disgrace.

That's on you.

It's been documented in every newspaper and news website. You don't need someone to come to your door and tell you.
  • Addickted said:

Gillis said:

That's on you.

It's been documented in every newspaper and news website. You don't need someone to come to your door and tell you.
    Has it?

Just googled 'Leeds Paedophile trial' - the best they could do was some obscure link to Robinson and the Wiki page of the Rotherham case.

Watch the BBC news most nights - not seen it on there either.

• Yorkshire Evening Post is reporting a guy called David Moseley who has been given 35 years for offences dating back to the '70's and '80's.

Unable to find anything about this case in that paper though - which is kinda strange as it's been reported in every newspaper
  • Addickted said:

Gillis said:

Yes, of course this is relevant. It is clearly relevant. And nobody on this thread, that I've seen, has denied its relevance (although some have added context by comparing the number of these cases to the overall number of child sexual exploitation cases). I've also not seen anyone in the media deny its relevance. It's been well documented and well discussed.

And that is exactly my point. Some people seem to be suggesting that there is an unwillingness to cover these crimes, or to mention the ethnicity of the accused. This is simply, demonstrably untrue. Both have received extensive media coverage.

It is my belief that many of the people that want to portray things that have been reported as not having been reported, or to portray things that have been discussed as not having been discussed, have an agenda in doing so. And I don't think it's disgraceful in the least to suggest that.

Also, while you may not have been aware of this particular case (which is not surprising given the reporting restrictions in place), you are aware of the wider issue of child sexual exploitation perpetrated by Asian gangs across the North of England and the Midlands.

• Sponsored links:

• Gillis said:

Addickted said:

Gillis said:

It is my belief that many of the people that want to portray things that have been reported as not having been reported, or to portray things that have been discussed as not having been discussed, have an agenda in doing so. And I don't think it's disgraceful in the least to suggest that.

Gillis said:

Addickted said:

Gillis said:

Also, while you may not have been aware of this particular case (which is not surprising given the reporting restrictions in place), you are aware of the wider issue of child sexual exploitation perpetrated by Asian gangs across the North of England and the Midlands.

Glad you've cleared that up.

• I think the issue is that there is a significant cultural problem of misogyny which applies to Pakistani men from particular regions e.g Mirpur. I have worked for the last ten years in a town with the largest proportion of muslims in the entire country, and every year it grows larger as the white populations flees a place which feels less like England and more like a Pakistani town with every passing day. The demographics are of such import that it is having a serious effect upon the economy and an even more significant effect upon community cohesiveness and integration, which has demonstrably failed by any measure. When I first began working here, there were a few full face veils, now they have multiplied manifold times....in these parts, the enlightenment is on the retreat and medievalism is back in fashion, it seems.

So people who are worried about these changes must be racists, right?

Along with these changes is the increasing imposition of a misogynist culture, although, strangely in the eyes of many is the active role that many females play in enforcing it. We have problems where I work with gangs of Pakistani muslim men who feel that they are able to intimidate and abuse women with impunity - women are constantly complaining about it, but those with power do not want to deal with the issue as they see it as problematic (i.e involving people who are not white, and thus must be held to different standards than those who are; this is the crux of the problem). It is understandable that this sense of 'untouchability' has spread, as the problems that this culture causes in this town have been systematically covered up and excused over years, even becoming, effectively, victim blaming in many cases. It is shocking when you meet people who have even had close family members gang raped, but a Police force that does not want to know and will not pursue an investigation. I think that this is changing now, but, my God, it took a long time.

Part of the problem is 'Islamophobia'. A westernised muslim is not a problem, but a non-westernised muslim most certainly is. They have, with the support and encouragement of self labelled 'progressives' created a mini version of their homeland right here in the UK, together with its backward attitudes and certain abhorrent practices. It is telling that we have only now had the first successful prosecution for forced marriage, when it has been a pretty much state approved practice of inflicting violence and rape upon powerless women. It is still a significant problem; of the people I know from that background it is shockingly common. I cannot get my head around how a mother will gladly effectively sell their own offspring into a life of misery (and it many cases, it is, unbelievably, for money). It wrecks thousands of lives around here, but it is swept under the carpet and the victims are expected to silently endure a living hell rather than 'bring shame upon the community' by seeking to escape it (can you imagine being forced into being raped by an elderly relative when you are below the age of consent? can you imagine them also being a sadist, yet your family blame you if you complain about it? unfortunately, I have experienced multiple cases like these and I struggle to understand how one human being can inflict this upon another human being, let alone a family member...it really is sick). To be born a Pakistani muslim female really does appear to be one of the worst cards that you could have been dealt in life....there are so many issues and cases which I could relate; it is so sad that they are seen as an unfashionable cause and as 'problematic' but these are real people with real lives and what some of them have endured would be enough to bring anyone to tears. So many lives ruined, so sad.

Then we have the grooming gangs, which a policeman here admitted had been a problem since the 1970s, but have been ignored, covered up and censored in the name of community cohesion. This is the heart of the issue; the authorities have been covering up, excusing and thereby tacitly endorsing these issues for well over a decade and this has simply emboldened the perpetrators more and more. There is a disgustingly misogynistic strain of backwards Pakistani muslim culture that has been transferred to a modern western democracy and tacitly encouraged and the double standards are appalling. Quite simply, if it were not an ethnic minority behind this mass abuse you would never hear the end of it, but instead the victims here are expected to shut up and put up with it in the interests of multiculturalism Islamophobia is a non concept. Anyone who knows the tenets of this religion with regard to its attitude to women, non-believers, homosexuals and apostates should fear it, it is only natural. But this perfectly legitimate reaction has been labelled as racism, one again excusing and endorsing it. These attitudes should be challenged and expunged from any civilised society, yet they are endorsed and supported by our cowardly authorities who, of course, find it much easier to go after those challenging it rather than the perpetrators. Let's not forget the big picture; there has been an epidemic of the mass rape of tens of thousands of minors over the last couple of decades that has been allowed due to the ethnicity of the perpetrators. The anger at this is understandable, yet the shady way that the authorities have just dealt with someone who has breached a court order will only serve to reinforce the perception that they are, rightly or wrongly firmly on the side of the perpetrators.

Until these issues are addressed and challenged and stamped out and the rank hypocrisy of the authorities and media changes, then we can only assume that it is business as usual. Until the next time.....and the next time and the next time......

Well thought out and expressed. If Yaxley-Lennon tried a bit of that he might be more credible.
    Is that not what he is trying? Listen to him
    Not really.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson
    Is that as good as TripAdvisor?

; )
  • Addickted said:

Gillis said:

Addickted said:

Gillis said:

Gillis said:

Addickted said:

Gillis said:

Glad you've cleared that up.

I feel you're being deliberately obtuse here.

The Leeds trial, specifically, has not been reported on due to the reporting restrictions in place.

The wider issue of child sexual exploitation perpetrated by Asian gangs in the North of England and the Midlands has received extensive media coverage.

The discussion on this thread has not been limit to the Leeds trial, it has also encompassed the wider issue.
  • I was posting specifically about the current case.

Realise now you were talking about all the recent cases, which of course I was aware of.

Sorry for the misinterpretation of your post.
  • Over 400k have now signed the petition for him to be freed. I would say quite a few don’t agree with TR but they think that what’s going on need addressing not hid

https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp-free-tommy-robinson

• LenGlover said:

'Diversity' is the religion of the political class.

Nothing can get it in its way especially working class white trash seems to be the political class credo:

A Labour MP called Naz Shah liked what was a parody tweet saying that the white girls who were rape victims should 'shut up' for the good of diversity. Even though she later tried to claim that she retracted her actions the damage was done.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4299167/corbyn-ally-shares-message-telling-rotherham-sex-abuse-victims-to-be-quiet-for-the-good-of-diversity/

One MP, Jess Phillips, agrees with Lily Allen when she effectively states the white girls 'asked for it.'

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/01/uk-labour-mp-and-singer-lily-allen-defend-muslim-rape-gangs

The Guardian yes The Guardian reported that the MP for the constituency of Rotherham was forced to resign from her shadow cabinet post for daring to stick her head above the parapet and suggesting that yes actually there is an endemic child abuse problem in her constituency with Asian males being the predominant perpetrators.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/02/sarah-champion-labours-floppy-left-falls-silent-when-issues-touch-on-race

Is it any wonder that the likes Tommy Robinson can flourish when mainstream politicians either don't give or are not allowed to give a toss about the victims?

Who else is speaking for those victims?

Compare and contrast the eagerness to bang up Robinson for drawing wider attention to the disgraceful shortcomings of the political class regarding this wall to wall child abuse with the apathy of the authorities in helping to secure justice for the victims.

Political correctness bred Tommy Robinson.

Except that we've had people like Robinson for a lot longer that we've had political correctness.
    And victims of sexual abuse, young and old, female and male, white, black, asian etc, have been treated like shite in all communities since for ever.
  • Curb_It said:

A very depressingread that but thanks @bigstemarra

My friend is a midwife, up north. She told me last week that she delivered a child to a white 26 year old woman. It was her 11th child. Think she walked out after. Where do these children end up. In the hands of someone who’s going to show them attention. It’s all so depressing when you’ve got morons giving birth. Sorry I don’t mean to sound right wing but when I see children pushing their child in a pram down Woolwich I get upset.

Yeah, my missus is a community midwife in Leigh (suburb of Wigan) and used to be in North Manchester (including Harpurhey - officially the most deprived area of Britain). More than half her ladies are social care referrals, a lot of them for drugs or drink. The kids just end up in case from the moment they're born. It's a sad, depressing state of affairs. I've no idea how she does it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/tommy-robinson-jailed-facebook-live-14718619

Robinson pleaded guilty

"Eventually, the 35-year-old was arrested on suspicion of a breach of the peace and was held in the court cells before being taken up to the courtroom to face the trial judge.

In a rare move, he was arrested, charged and sentenced within five hours.

The video footage was played to Judge Geoffrey Marson QC as Robinson sat in the dock.

Robinson, whose criminal record dates back to 2005, has a previous conviction for contempt of court.

He was the subject of a suspended prison sentence, imposed at Canterbury Crown Court, after he filmed in court.

He also has convictions for disobeying a court order, possessing identity documents with intent, fraud, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, possessing drugs and threatening behaviour.

He pleaded guilty to contempt of court and breach of a suspended sentence.

Matthew Harding, mitigating, said his client felt "deep regret" after realising the potential consequences of his actions."
  • Imo a bit ridiculous, 13 months for exposing nonces - I suppose the law of the land etc etc.
  • aliwibble said:
    That just goes to show that the far right are just as evil as the people they demonise. What a fucked up world we live in.
    The far right are as evil as raping young girls? Seriously?

• edited May 2018
    @bigstemarra

That is post of the decade
  • @bigstemarra

That is post of the decade

I thought it was very well worded as well.
  • His wiki says he owns a sun bed salon - that can't be true surely?