Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Biggest weekend

Recorded it and watching some as and when.

Pauline Black (The Selector) sounded really good and looked even better.

Comments

• Jo Whiley = gorgeous.
  • edited May 2018
    Jo Whiley = complete airhead
  • Jo Whiley = complete airhead

Really ? I only ever see her presenting at festivals (not radio), but I wouldn't have said so.
  • Really enjoyed the way it’s done splitting across the cities

But can’t help but wonder where the budget has been spent , the performers are free (virtually) as it’s about the air play so they have to attend

The stage the Screens and sound are just lacking

Shame even Liam Gallagher last night was telling them about the sound Production

Sort it out beeb it cheapens it

But can’t help but wonder where the budget has been spent , the performers are free (virtually) as it’s about the air play so they have to attend

Shame even Liam Gallagher last night was telling them about the sound Production

I never realised the performers don't get a fee, always assumed Sheerhan, Swift etc got paid tons for this sort of thing.
  • Could Florence and the Machine be any more dull?

It feels like she wants to be like the modern day Kate Bush but lacks the charisma and talent.

The big names get paid... but unless youre one of those you get paid fk all. They are all the same, glastonbury is an arts and music festival and the only people getting paid are the riggers and the massive names headlining

It feels like she wants to be like the modern day Kate Bush but lacks the charisma and talent.

Quite enjoyed their set. Admittedly her voice is a bit of a single toned honk.
  • Sam Smith is a super talented singer.

Noel Gallagher is brilliant, but the songs from his new album are so bland.
  • shine166 said:

Really enjoyed the way it’s done splitting across the cities

The big names get paid... but unless youre one of those you get paid fk all. They are all the same, glastonbury is an arts and music festival and the only people getting paid are the riggers and the massive names headlining
    Most bands get paid at Glastonbury. The fees are lower than most other festivals though.
  • Sponsored links:

No.
  • shine166 said:

Really enjoyed the way it’s done splitting across the cities

What?! They can't do that!!

Oh riggers.

Phew.
  • cafctom said:

Agreed. Liam has overtaken Noel at the moment, in terms of who I would prefer to see.
    I didn't rate Beady Eye, but now with his new album and singing Oasis songs, he's leapt ahead for me.

Does anyone know what Liam and Noel are allowed to sing in terms of Oasis songs ?
  • They don’t all get paid take the summer time ball they don’t get paid it’s all to do with the amount of air play they get from the stations that’s why they normally do two or three songs

Festivals that have no radio backing may get paid but if it’s linked to a station it’s about the air time commitments
  • cafctom said:

Agreed. Liam has overtaken Noel at the moment, in terms of who I would prefer to see.
    I didn't rate Beady Eye, but now with his new album and singing Oasis songs, he's leapt ahead for me.

Does anyone know what Liam and Noel are allowed to sing in terms of Oasis songs ?
    Noel wrote most of them and probably, if tested in court, could probably stop Liam from singing them. But, "maybe", they don't quite hate each other that much.
  • cafctom said:

Noel wrote most of them and probably, if tested in court, could probably stop Liam from singing them. But, "maybe", they don't quite hate each other that much.
    Although Noel wrote them it appears they split the songs based on who sang them on the albums.

The last HFB album is quality so no way is Liam ahead of Noel imo.
  • cafctom said:

Although Noel wrote them it appears they split the songs based on who sang them on the albums.

The last HFB album is quality so no way is Liam ahead of Noel imo.
    Liam Gallagher can sing whatever he wants, if he doesn't own it though he will have to pay a PRS fee for singing it
  • Can't anyone sing anyone's song on stage anyway?

I know artists often ask permission to record a cover version, but surely they don't have to?
  • I just watched Florence (and the machine).

"Turn to the person by your side, give them a big hug and tell them you love them".

'Kin 'ell Groundhog Day or what, back to the US preacher at Harry & Megan's wedding last week.

Oi Florence no. I will not be telling that hairy lard arse next to me that I love them ffs.

I've always thought of her as a very, very, very sub-standard Siouxsie type but I can see the Kate Bush comparison, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else see the song by Christine and the Queens, not my usual cup of tea but I thought her performance was really good
  • Anyone else see the song by Christine and the Queens, not my usual cup of tea but I thought her performance was really good

Love Christine & The Queens. I think she has a second album out soon which is on my birthday list.
  • cafctom said:

Since the split Noel has sung from the back catalogue only songs he wrote, but not necessarily songs he sung originally, for example at Brighton last month he played Go Let It Out

Liam at present is sticking to songs only from the first 3 albums and as a result these are all songs written by Noel.
  • I could be wrong, but I believe the way it works with live music is the venue/organisers of the event pay a certain % of the box office or an annual fee to a writers organisation that gives all acts at that venue access to the back catalogues of those writers, so it's not actually the artist/act that pays any royalties. Obviously if the song is recorded/released then that will be a different matter.
  • Noel Gallagher pisses all over Liam, Liam can’t sing anymore he is awful.

Love Christine & The Queens. I think she has a second album out soon which is on my birthday list.
    Wonder which one of The Queens was responsible for that love bite on her neck.
  • Noel Gallagher pisses all over Liam, Liam can’t sing anymore he is awful.

There are two types of people in this world

Those that think Noel Gallaghers last record was a work of art and those who deserve to spend eternity watching palace
  • Carter said:

Noel Gallagher pisses all over Liam, Liam can’t sing anymore he is awful.

There are two types of people in this world

Those that think Noel Gallaghers last record was a work of art and those who deserve to spend eternity watching palace
    Both Liam and Noel have made listenable albums since they broke up, but they can’t get near what they did together ... and never will.
  • How does it work when a cover band plays stuff from the 60's 70's....whatever, do they have to pay a fee to the band that they cover, even if it's just a small (free entry) to a pub gig?
  • 100% in the camp of Noels latest album being brilliant...See him in Brighton and he was immense! Seeing Liam (also like his solo stuff) at Isle of Wight fest this year aswell so very happy to see a long distance Oasis gig!