Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Great fights that never happened

I’ve been sat watching the sky sports sporting heroes with Lennox Lewis and it still bothers me that we never got to see him fight Riddick Bowe.

What others were there that we missed out on?

Comments

• Hatton vs Witter

I know this still stings junior and he will openly speak about it

There was a time when I genuinely thought it could happen and it’s an unpopular view but I think junior would’ve beat him
  • Murray v Meire
  • Hatton vs Witter

There was a time when I genuinely thought it could happen and it’s an unpopular view but I think junior would’ve beat him

Decent shout that, I always thought it would happen eventually and was surprised it didn't. I was always a bit gutted that Herol Graham wasn't ever in with Eubank, Watson or Benn .
  • There's a few I can think of - Foreman v Shavers would have been interesting, as would Hatton v Cotto.

Top of my list would be Morales v Marquez.

• I think Ricky knew that Junior was a risk , (I was and still am a huge Ricky Hatton fan I am awe struck whenever I meet him ) but his version of Events doesn’t match juniors but juniors is more believable,

Everyone knows boxing is smoke and mirrors with routes to titles managed accordingly and although Ricky was a deserved world champion and one of the most exciting and enthralling British boxer this one fight could’ve changed the path ,

Morales vs Marquez my god that would’ve been an absolute war and blood bath
  • Hodges V Mainwaring.
  • buckshee said:

Hatton vs Witter

Decent shout that, I always thought it would happen eventually and was surprised it didn't. I was always a bit gutted that Herol Graham wasn't ever in with Eubank, Watson or Benn .
    Good call. Herol Graham, or Roy Jones Jnr
  • Calzaghe vs Froch
    Mayweather vs Williams
    Eubank or Benn vs James Toney

Still convinced the Khan/Brook fight will not happen despite them being with the same promotion company. Khan clearly does not want it
  • McBobbin said:

buckshee said:

Hatton vs Witter

Good call. Herol Graham, or Roy Jones Jnr
    Roy Jones v Benn would have been sensational.

Bomber was a very good fighter but just shy of the others you mention.
  • Shrewsbury away once the pepper spray came out.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    A few at 2 o'clock in Makro's car park on a Saturday afternoon.
  • Millwall v West Ham. So much f***ing talk before hand but nothing ever happens!!!
  • Alf Garnett in his local. Just dancing around the tables but no punches thrown
  • Roland v Peter
  • Probably couldn't have happened, but Azumah Nelson Vs Naz would have been tasty
  • bobmunro said:

There's a few I can think of - Foreman v Shavers would have been interesting, as would Hatton v Cotto.

Cotto would've murdered him.

Paul Williams v Mayweather.
    Calzaghe v someone with a pulse. Glen Johnson, Chad Dawson, prime Jones/Hopkins.
  • Paul Williams is one of the few who w0uld have had a chance against Mayweather

• bobmunro said:

There's a few I can think of - Foreman v Shavers would have been interesting, as would Hatton v Cotto.

Cotto would've murdered him.

Paul Williams v Mayweather.
    Calzaghe v someone with a pulse. Glen Johnson, Chad Dawson, prime Jones/Hopkins.
    Not so sure - not at 140lbs.

It would have been close and perhaps Cotto - just.
  • Lewis v Tyson several years before it actually happened
  • McBobbin said:

Lewis v Tyson several years before it actually happened

The same for Floyd against Manny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Russia and Great Britain after The Dogger Bank incident.
  • Sergio Ramos v Mike Tyson in his prime, pampered tattooed shoulder barger Vs angry bulldog ear cannibal. Selfie stick footage of Ramos on the canvas.

Cristiano Ronaldo v Chris Eubank, battle of the camp narcissists

Roland Duchatalet v first come first served, the queue would stretch from his house to Bruges, and comprise of everyone who wanted to kick the shit out of him, family and 'friends', Jose Riga, the dentist for the yellow piano teeth, cobbler wanting paying for the sellotape repair of the Matalan shoes. Then a queue of Charlton firm in cardigans led by Prague, Henry Irving and Canters twatting him, cheered on by his wife, family and the village.
    Carter said:

Paul Williams is one of the few who w0uld have had a chance against Mayweather

Once we'd sold him to Sheffield Wednesday he pulled out, Garth Crooks didn't fancy it as he was too sloth like, Leaburn might've had a chance but luckily for us the long legs and poor coordination ruled him out
  • Arsene Wenger v Martin Jol when they squared up on the touchline at the Library
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Arsene Wenger v Martin Jol when they squared up on the touchline at the Library

Classic middle class swedge, they made up afterwards over olives and dips
  • I can think of one, but I ended visiting SE9 when I mentioned it last time. ;)
  • The Valley Cafe and Tonys Burgers -----spatulars at dawn.Slap Off in a couple of weeks time hopefully
  • Charlton vs Rotherham at Wembley
  • Hogan v Austin - 1v1
  • Bob Peeters v Uwe Rosler