Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The end of the special Old Firm atmosphere??

Significant move after all these years, which will, in my opinion, dramatically reduce the atmosphere and therefore the product. It was unique in Britain for the large away supports in a derby game.

The league relies on this fixture. And the fixture relies on the atmosphere.

Strange decision for me

Comments

• It's not that strange - giving the opposition such large away section reduces the number of full season tickets they can sell. Surely it makes sense to have more of your own fans in the stadium for every match of the season than to have more of your rivals fans there for two?
  • Sure, normally yes.

But the old firm is legendary for its atmosphere. That will significantly reduce now.

They could have always both sold extra home tickets, so why the change now?
  • Bad move. Season ticket holders in the Bloomfield Road end had to move out for Celtic who will no doubt be in their rights to do the same. Will affect the atmosphere big time.
  • edited May 2018
    se9addick said:

It's not that strange - giving the opposition such large away section reduces the number of full season tickets they can sell. Surely it makes sense to have more of your own fans in the stadium for every match of the season than to have more of your rivals fans there for two?

dropping the away allocation to under 1k though? Will almost completely kill the atmosphere

Rangers fans seem happy though

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/official-celtic-fans-kicked-out-of-the-broomloan-road-stand.31567/
  • Croydon said:

se9addick said:

It's not that strange - giving the opposition such large away section reduces the number of full season tickets they can sell. Surely it makes sense to have more of your own fans in the stadium for every match of the season than to have more of your rivals fans there for two?

dropping the away allocation to under 1k though? Will almost completely kill the atmosphere

Rangers fans seem happy though

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/official-celtic-fans-kicked-out-of-the-broomloan-road-stand.31567/
    if these two sets of fans are as good as they believe, they will have no problems making themselves heard.

I think its worse that some premiership teams give them a ridiculous away allowance because they need the money, it completely rules out any home advantage they would have had but at the same time pays the bills.
  • I would imagine the Glasgow old bill will be happy with it.
  • Who really cares? Scottish football is terrible.
  • Bad move. Season ticket holders in the Bloomfield Road end had to move out for Celtic who will no doubt be in their rights to do the same. Will affect the atmosphere big time.

Bloomfield road ?

Not sure what the view will be like from Blackpool
  • edited May 2018
    Bloomfield road, Plumstead, SE18 makes more sense. The bag of nails would have been rammers!