Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UCL Final not on normal TV? WTF?

I just found out about this. BT Sport only.

How is that allowed to happen?

Comments

• BT Showcase and YouTube showing it for free.

I believe it will be in 4K on YouTube.
  • I just found out about this. BT Sport only.

How is that allowed to happen?

Talk about it also the match being played around the world, in a few years.

Trouble is I am at my sister's and they dont have the capability to plug a laptop into the TV. We'd like to watch it together as a family on a TV. How quaint...

• Can you get a Chromecast? Cast from the you tube app to the telly.

Trouble is I am at my sister's and they dont have the capability to plug a laptop into the TV. We'd like to watch it together as a family on a TV. How quaint...

Perfect excuse to slope off to the boozer. Win!

Pub
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Normal' tv hasn't had live champions league football for 3 years now, so not quite sure why you're surprised

Well in the impoverished Czech Republic, the public TV channel miraclously finds the money to show it ( and a load of other earlier round games too). That's why.

Unfortunately I am in frigging Eltham right now

• Channel 115
  • Can you get a Chromecast? Cast from the you tube app to the telly.

Looks like we have the You Tube app up on the TV via my niece' PS4. Is it an official You tube broadcast

They have Freeview so we are looking for this BT Showcase channel now
  • Final has to be shown free to air, so BT are doing that on all platforms.

BT Showcase is free on freeview

BT Showcase and YouTube showing it for free.

BT Showcase is free on freeview
    Cant seem to find it. Will Google more details about it
  • BDL said:

Final has to be shown free to air, so BT are doing that on all platforms.

Yes this is what they are claiming but at the moment we can only connect a PS4 to the TV, and it cannot get the BT app on that, but we can get YouTube. We need to get hold of a connector for a laptop if we want to get BT onto the TV.

• Channel 115

Channel 115

Came up as invalid channel and have just read that BT have withdrawn it from Freeview

• Take the hdmi from the back of PS4 and connect it to lap top, what's on laptop will then be on the TV
  • Channel 115

Channel 115

Came up as invalid channel and have just read that BT have withdrawn it from Freeview

It'll be available on Freeview on the night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Channel 115

Channel 115

If it's not, Points of View will be busy on Sunday Week
  • So the BT Sport channel on Sky that I can't access as I'm not subscribed, will this be viewable Sat night?

• Take the hdmi from the back of PS4 and connect it to lap top, what's on laptop will then be on the TV

Could you write all that in English please.
  • So the BT Sport channel on Sky that I can't access as I'm not subscribed, will this be viewable Sat night?

Not that I'm bothered by the way, I'm clearing off to the pub. but thinking of Mrs AFKA as I'm good like that

• Free to air in Aus SBS (I better be right...)

Yes - at least that's what they usually do.
  • edited May 2018

So the BT Sport channel on Sky that I can't access as I'm not subscribed, will this be viewable Sat night?

Yes - at least that's what they usually do.
    So.....not really a yes then.......just a ‘what they usually do’.....which ain’t a lot of help if they don’t RedRobin!!!!
    How does one find out in advance is what we need to know?
  • edited May 2018

Channel 115

Channel 115

Ermmm......you don’t know for sure then do you?

Could you write all that in English please.
    Take the lead (HDMI) connecting the PS4 to the TV and connect it to the laptop, what is on the laptop will then be on the TV.