Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

On the one hand the takeover is close on the other hand Roland appointing staff to run the gaff is close.
    Very easy to think we are being played. Our desperation is our weakness and we cling to rafts made of straw.
    It puts me in mind of us being a dog that goes scurrying after the ball but it is a pretend throw.

Who is "playing" us? Who is "desperate" or weak?

It hasn't happened yet, that is all.

We've done all we can to influence the process and have done that successfully. Now we don't need desperation, just patience.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    FORD said:

Done...1pm announcement scheduled.

Excellent. Our friendly against Greenwich Borough is finally being confirmed!
  • Options

No more fish puns please, the joke has passed. Ta

I think he wants us to stop carping on about it.
  • Options

I've really set myself up for the takeover happening today. If it doesn't- and now I don't think it will - I think I will burst and self combust.

Not sure it is possible that you can do both, might have to be one or the other.
    I think it is entirely reasonable to be able to do both - sequentially though!
  • Options
    Let's hope our Australians manage to do better than this lot. Homebase: bought for £340mn two years ago, messed up, sold for a £1. bbc.com/news/business-44248409
  • Options
    so this announcement is coming in the next two hour?
  • Options
    Shame it wasn't yesterday, daughter's birthday, would have been a nice present.

Be nice if it is today, as it's the birthday of my mate who I sit next to in the Lower North.

But any day would do, as long as it soon...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No
  • Options

so this announcement is coming in the next two hour?

Don't hold your breath
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Let's hope our Australians manage to do better than this lot. Homebase: bought for £340mn two years ago, messed up, sold for a £1. bbc.com/news/business-44248409

"This must go down as one of the most disastrous retail acquisitions ever - a textbook example of how not to do it.

The Australian firm thought they could show the Brits how to do DIY. So confident, they immediately sacked Homebase's senior management team. That was a huge mistake."

This has a familiar ring to it :neutral:
  • Options
    edited May 2018

cafcfan said:

"This must go down as one of the most disastrous retail acquisitions ever - a textbook example of how not to do it.

The Australian firm thought they could show the Brits how to do DIY. So confident, they immediately sacked Homebase's senior management team. That was a huge mistake."

This has a familiar ring to it :neutral:
    To be fair, the spivs dismantled the senior management team not the Belgians. Of the seven people employed on the non-football side when they arrived, only Mick Everett was left by 2014.

But I’m sure Roland would have wrecked that too if he’d had the chance.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Has there been any noticeable difference at the club with no CEO?

Not since the COO upped his game! ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

seth plum said:

Has there been any noticeable difference at the club with no CEO?

Not since the COO upped his game! ;)
    Adding fried onions to the burger was his real highlight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

Beer in Australia is actually so much more than XXXX Fosters, when Inwas there in 03 they had a thriving local Craft style beer industry a bit like the Yanks. Aussies I knew wouldn’t touch that aforementioned bile.

Well things have changed mate, its basically piss water.
  • Options
    razil said:

Beer in Australia is actually so much more than XXXX Fosters, when Inwas there in 03 they had a thriving local Craft style beer industry a bit like the Yanks. Aussies I knew wouldn’t touch that aforementioned bile.

• Options
    TEL said:

razil said:

You can say that again.

I always found Toohey's Old an agreeable beverage.
  • Options
    TEL said:

razil said:

Why anybody would touch Aussie or American beer when we have our own and such good German, Belgian and Czech beers readily available I would never know.

• Options
    50 minutes............till no press conference.
  • Options

TEL said:

razil said:

Why anybody would touch Aussie or American beer when we have our own and such good German, Belgian and Czech beers readily available I would never know.

The Americans do make incredible IPA’s, first class in that respect. Also American Pale Ale’s.

Belgian beer is also class.
  • Options
    Tooheys Old is unfashionable, but more to our European tastes I agree.
  • Options
    Feck this thread.
  • Options

Oh shit, it's turning into a beer thread now. Just sell up you pathetic old scrote.

Yes. Hopefully Duchatalet hops to it quick.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!