Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club seeks your opinion on loyalty scheme

Comments

• Options
    Pico said:

Surely it is sensible for any club to have a system which it can use to prioritise when demand exceeds supply ?

Surely it is a good thing that the club is trying to get the views of supporters so that there is some sort of consensus on the final scheme ?

Why all the negativity ? (honourable exception redrobo)

Why indeed. The suggestion comes from fans.

Members first will stop the unfairness of season ticket holders buying 6 tickets at the expense of real supporters when a big game comes along. Ticket sales can be layered like the Burnley system if needed.

Fans that live miles away will be members if they ever buy a ticket for a home or an away game, but spin that round, why should a fan that hardly ever goes to a match get a ticket at (say) a cup final at the expense of a fan that has not got a season ticket because of work commitments but goes to games both home and away?

All academic at the moment, but in 5 years time!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Pico said:

Surely it is sensible for any club to have a system which it can use to prioritise when demand exceeds supply ?

Surely it is a good thing that the club is trying to get the views of supporters so that there is some sort of consensus on the final scheme ?

Agreed Pico. It reminded me of this song I heard today.

Do you have the time to listen to me whine
    About nothing and everything all at once
    I am one of those
    Melodramatic fools
    Neurotic to the bone
    No doubt about it :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGr_mNbuSN8
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Pico said:

Why indeed. The suggestion comes from fans.

Members first will stop the unfairness of season ticket holders buying 6 tickets at the expense of real supporters when a big game comes along. Ticket sales can be layered like the Burnley system if needed.

Fans that live miles away will be members if they ever buy a ticket for a home or an away game, but spin that round, why should a fan that hardly ever goes to a match get a ticket at (say) a cup final at the expense of a fan that has not got a season ticket because of work commitments but goes to games both home and away?

All academic at the moment, but in 5 years time!
    We draw Palace or Millwall away in the League Cup, suddenly the whole world and his dog will want to buy a ticket
  • Options
    Accrington away is the only game I’ll want tickets for (and be unable to get) unless this miserable old scrote has left us permanently with a decree absolute
  • Options
    Algorithm it!
    For example is one attendance every five years from a fan resident in Antartica, equal to ten attendances from a fan living in Floyd Road? Or if a season ticket is a large or small percentage of your income, or if you're unsighted in one eye do you get a 50% discount or preference in some way?
    I'll have a word with Alan Turing...'oi Roland! Get Alan on the line'.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Accrington away is the only game I’ll want tickets for (and be unable to get) unless this miserable old scrote has left us permanently with a decree absolute

It might be Roland's fault that we're in the same league as Accrington, but it won't make much difference to your chances to getting tickets whether he's here or not next season

Indeed your best chance of getting a ticket would be if we play them in April and our season has by then slipped into mid table mediocrity and terrible football, such that nobody wants to watch us away other than the hard core
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Accrington can offer over a thousand tickets. Tickets weren't hard to come by for Fleetwood the first time so I doubt Stanley will be tough.

Burton can offer up to 1800, after the initial scrum I reckon they'll also go on general sale.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

The loyalty scheme will be replaced with a membership scheme once we have new owners

That’s something they’re keen on.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

_MrDick said:

The loyalty scheme will be replaced with a membership scheme once we have new owners

That’s something they’re keen on.
    Excellent. When they get round to it they will already have a list of loyal fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My problem is that this season I've done four 'corporate hospitality' for away games, as it's suited me.

For instance, Scunthorpe away provided matchday parking, three course meal, decent seats, programme, pre match and half time drink etc, for £50.

Obviously none of this is recorded at Charlton.

I've really enjoyed these experiences, but have only done it to stop the Antwerp Arsehole getting a penny of mine.

Basically. I think ST and Valley Gold is the best way to start, but with a max of two tickets.

Perhaps they should consider the number of posts on CL as a priority rating?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

My problem is that this season I've done four 'corporate hospitality' for away games, as it's suited me.

For instance, Scunthorpe away provided matchday parking, three course meal, decent seats, programme, pre match and half time drink etc, for £50.

I've really enjoyed these experiences, but have only done it to stop the Antwerp Arsehole getting a penny of mine.

Basically. I think ST and Valley Gold is the best way to start, but with a max of two tickets.

A loyalty scheme where only STholders and Valley Gold members get to join, and as a further reward they get to take a mate who may have no interest in Charlton to what would presumably be our biggest game since the Wembley playoff?

Should go down a storm.

Oh, and anyone who can afford to watch football in corporate would surely want to be in Valley Gold so no need to worry.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

i
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Addickted said:

i
    Think
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

Addickted said:

i
    Think
    That’s
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

Addickted said:

i
    Think
    That’s
    A
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

Addickted said:

i
    Think
    That’s
    A
    Good
  • Options

I understand that the need is low at the moment but that makes this a good time to do it ie when it can be implemented without too much pressure.

Also club are buying a new ticketing system so makes sense to put a loyalty scheme in at the start.

Same applies to ground improvements. Do the dug outs now while there is space to move people not when we are selling out.

Proactive not reactive.

Agreed

And there will be big games next season, even if it's only 1, where demand is higher than supply.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will be going down to 'The Valley' this afternoon for the discussion with ticket office staff about the scheme & am willing to put forward people suggestions/ideas.
  • Options
    clive said:

I will be going down to 'The Valley' this afternoon for the discussion with ticket office staff about the scheme & am willing to put forward people suggestions/ideas.

Valley Gold after proof of purchase on away tickets.
  • Options
    clive said:

Season ticket and Valley Gold to get priority

Scrap the 2 tickets per person unless you are buying a child ticket who is also a season ticket holder (but due to age is not allowed in Valley Gold

1 point for all London games
    2 points for games under 200 miles from the Valley
    3 points for games over 200 miles from the Valley

1 additional point for games not kicking off at 3pm Saturday

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Just do what sone other clubs do.

Made up numbers and a basic premise:

75 points for holding a ST, 50 points for having VG (must have held for over 3 months before points applied) then between 1 and 8 for individual home and aways. Ie:

Keep homes simple - 1-2 points depending on weekend or eve for home games and say 3-8 depending on day and distance for aways.

3 for southern away Wknd
    4 for midlands away Wknd
    5 for northern away Wknd
    6 for southern away midweek
    7 for midlands away midweek
    8 for northern away midweek

So Sunderland at home on a Sat = 1 point and bury at home on a Tues eve = 2 points.

Then afc away on sat = 3 points up to Rochdale away on a tues night = 8 points.

You’d need to categorise teams a bit I guess and have a working party to agree points per team and scenario prior to season.

Importantly it needs to be done on a rolling basis so that a years points drop off after say 4 years to give newbies a chance so it doesn’t become a closed shop.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Bar Wimbledon there will be no real demand for any League away games. If you want a ticket you will get one. If you are that concerned join Valley Gold.

But when we're storming the division the away following will pick up mate.
    Then join Valley Gold
  • Options
    doronron said:

shirty5 said:

Bar Wimbledon there will be no real demand for any League away games. If you want a ticket you will get one. If you are that concerned join Valley Gold.

But when we're storming the division the away following will pick up mate.
    Then join Valley Gold
    The problem with being a VG member is that more often than not ( and as we are a family club) fans go to games as couples or indeed as families with children.

When the new owners have bedded in and their strategy for taking this famous football club back to where it belongs has been disclosed; when we're happy with what they've had to say & it's backed up by the appointment of a sound manager; when we fans have the respect of the new regime, then some fans might decide to rejoin and pay their £10 pm.

However, IMO , this membership should only be valid in purchasing ticket terms for purely the member him/her self.

Supporting a football club both home & away is an expensive business for a couple or family so I think it unlikely that both adults would fund separate memberships ie @ £240 pa. Surely the first priority should be to purchase season tickets? Whilst both of us will buy season tickets after the takeover, there's no way we would both re-engage as VG members.

TBH, I wonder whether the VG scheme is in need of a complete re-think....

I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of other Lifers on the subject at a time when "membership" has been mentioned by the Aussies and when a revised system for priority ticket purchasing is afoot.
  • Options

Just do what sone other clubs do.

Made up numbers and a basic premise:

75 points for holding a ST, 50 points for having VG (must have held for over 3 months before points applied) then between 1 and 8 for individual home and aways. Ie:

Keep homes simple - 1-2 points depending on weekend or eve for home games and say 3-8 depending on day and distance for aways.

3 for southern away Wknd
    4 for midlands away Wknd
    5 for northern away Wknd
    6 for southern away midweek
    7 for midlands away midweek
    8 for northern away midweek

So Sunderland at home on a Sat = 1 point and bury at home on a Tues eve = 2 points.

Then afc away on sat = 3 points up to Rochdale away on a tues night = 8 points.

You’d need to categorise teams a bit I guess and have a working party to agree points per team and scenario prior to season.

Importantly it needs to be done on a rolling basis so that a years points drop off after say 4 years to give newbies a chance so it doesn’t become a closed shop.

Some good points being made.
    A few seasons ago i made three trips to watch Rochdale play Charlton at spotland.
    Even made trip to The Valley when we played Scunthorpe and game got called off at 12-30pm.
    Seeing every trip i make to a home game is about 700 miles round trip some expense.

I am an overseas fan.
  • Options
    Cheers for reporting back @clive
  • Options
    Season ticket then VG holders should get first pick of away games ,every away game should give you ex amount of bonus points which should enable you to go to other away games,if you pay the cash and do the distance away games you should get priorities over the fans who pick out only the top away games