Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well done, Ed Sheeran..

Comments

• About time some more took this stance.

Bloody good artist too. So many anchor points in my life from his songs. Can’t wait to see him live in a few weeks
  • Also don't like his music, but the way Ticketmaster and their subsidiary sites operate is borderline criminal.

Really well done to the bloke. Goes to show all artists could do this if they have a toss.
  • Spilt a pint down his front in the green room at Bush Empire.
    Top bloke.
    Moist, though.
  • Well done Ed!
  • This was being enforced at NGHFB gig in Brighton recently. Good.

• Great move by him, hopefully others follow.
  • Have never understood how Viagogo etc. are allowed to operate - they're touts simple, if they were doing what they did on the Streets they'd be arrested!!
  • Well played Sir! Read something the other day about technology similar to that used in crypto currency being adapted to deal with the issue of ticket touts. Not sure what sort of stage it's at yet but the guys behind it seem pretty confident that it will push the touts out of business.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good news, as a fan of live music it's massively irritating missing out on tickets only to see them being re-sold for double the price minutes later. Am I right in saying there's some kind of law restricting these sites now?
  • Have never understood how Viagogo etc. are allowed to operate - they're touts simple, if they were doing what they did on the Streets they'd be arrested!!

They would if it was for a football match, however as it's for gig it's not illegal.
  • Stig said:

Nice bloke. The world could do with a few more like him.

a few more who fight touts, i can just about exist on the same planet as one ed sheeran. Couldn't handle anymore.
  • Lots of man love for this guy already, goes up in my estimations further top bloke.
  • Will be a bummer if you forget or lose your ID for one of these concerts. Can easily happen. Do they refuse entry or can they check your Council tax records like Rail Network used to do when you lost your ticket and got fined?
  • Jayajosh said:

Will be a bummer if you forget or lose your ID for one of these concerts. Can easily happen. Do they refuse entry or can they check your Council tax records like Rail Network used to do when you lost your ticket and got fined?

I was at a Teenage Cancer Trust Who gig at the RAH last year and they imposed a lot of restrictions to try and combat touting. Saw a few people get turned away at the door because they couldn't provide ID.