Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cute Words your children pronounce wrong

When my son was 2 he asked for some cubumber.

And it was so cute every now and then I say Toby say Cucumber and ofcourse the response is Cubumber and it melts my heart.

Unfortunatly yesterday I said Toby say Cucumber and his response was Cucumber obviously I was proud he has learnt to say it properly but part of me misses the cute Cubumber.

So what words did or do your kids mispronounce that you think is cute

Comments

• edited May 2018
  • Pecilan

Age??
    Have they stopped now or still saying it
  • Pecilan

Age??
    Have they stopped now or still saying it
    She was 2.5 (now 27)
    Stopped at 3, resumed at 16...
  • Tomato
  • My two year old son. Arse cream. Ice cream, of course...
  • I notice little uns' seem to struggle with the word breakfast. My youngest used to say "bleklist" whilst his cousin of the same age would say "bestas".
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    My daughter used to compalin that I went out drinking beard with my mates after a Charlton match.
  • I have no idea why, but when my son was 2 going on 3 he would use the word Gobby for a Frog. I'm assuming he was getting confused with Froggy!
  • edited May 2018
    My eldest daughter called caterpillars "calapitters", and moustaches and spaghetti "boustaches" and "bascetti" I do miss that.

Youngest used to pronounce my name (Chris) as "piss" much to the amusement of my eldest and the kids next do, to the point where I can hear them calling me it when they don't think I can hear. Such respect I command!
  • 'bath time' was the mid interval of a football match.
  • edited May 2018
    My eldest used to call binoculars Golars and still to this day can't say vinegar, it's vigener, she'll be 17 next month!
    my youngest used to grass her sister up by saying "Oh Dad, Lily said a square word!"
  • During the Winter Olympics my eldest would call the host city PyangCheong not PyeongChang

• My 5-year old thinks we recently spent a pleasant weekend in the Hot Worlds (aka Cotswolds).
  • My kids say 'dad is it your round' what they really mean is 'dad I'll get you a drink'.
  • McBobbin said:

My eldest daughter called caterpillars "calapitters", and moustaches and spaghetti "boustaches" and "bascetti" I do miss that.

Youngest used to pronounce my name (Chris) as "piss" much to the amusement of my eldest and the kids next do, to the point where I can hear them calling me it when they don't think I can hear. Such respect I command!

Ha ha. Rings a bell. When my kids were young we had a young french student stay with us on an exchange visit - bit of much needed extra money for us. The french lad's name was Christoff, which my 3 year old could only pronounce as Pissedoff.
  • Mine both used to call them “cumbers” when they were little, my daughter also used to like to ask if I could take them to the cinemarket....
  • Sponsored links:

• Soldiers instead of Shoulders.
    My missus when she's trying to be clever say's, "can you be more pacific" instead of Specific. I don't know she don't just say why don't you just feck off as normal. ;)
  • My two had some great ones:

Wallip for wallet
    Loff for loft
    Frab for crab
    Meme for cream
    Whifber for whisper
    Tellen box for tv

My personal fav:

Conflatable balls
  • Scum instead of Millwall

(seriously, best one was moathead instead of moped - still occasionally slips out now 15 years later)
  • My youngest used to get Bucks Fizz muddled up.
  • My littlest is 3 and obviously loves chips. He’s always called them bippies, but a couple of months ago started actually saying chips. WTF? I was gutted! He even goes as far as to correct me if I say bippies through habit. “No daddy, chips”!
  • Just thought of another one. The little man loves Cheerios, but I always buy the cheap alternative from Lidl. He’s always asking for “effin Cheerios”, which shocked me at first. Until I realised the pack had an elephant on the front, so he was trying to day “elephant Cheerios” ha!
  • Im 24 and the word Roland still comes out as "cunt"
  • When my son was 2 he asked for some cubumber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO8ViIwE-rk
    Trying so hard not to post anything...... :smile: