Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD renews call for fans not to buy season tickets before takeover is confirmed

Comments

• What's the problem? It is a simple polite request. It is a positive initiative in support of club finances.

Some do seem so desperate to be offended. On what possible basis is the call condescending? Some people need to learn English. It might be as well if some learned some basic economics. Do you think football clubs discount their product out of the goodness of their hearts. The whole purpose of discounting early season tickets sales is to a) help provide funding over the summer months when no other revenue is going to be forthcoming. b) plan budgets for the forthcoming 12 months trading.

I entirely agree it will mean absolutely sod all to Duchatelet whether he gets it or not.

The object of the exercise is protect the clubs best interests by ensuring due revenues are placed with the new investors. The loss of a £ going forward is £ that cannot be spent on the club. Only a fool dismisses 35% per cent of their revenue.

It will as Henry has positioned provide a level of commitment to the new owners. With any normal owner such commitment builds inclusion, builds respect, builds momentum. We had a very brief example of what respect, inclusion and momentum can do with Bowyer and Jackson.

What is not to like in supporting a positive initiative?

This.

If you buy a ST in May and RD is still owner, that money goes towards paying May's wages etc, if you don't provide it to him, the wages money comes out of Roland's pocket instead.

If you wait and buy a ST in June or July when new owners are in charge, it goes towards June's/July's wages and not out of the new owners pocket who can then use more money to invest in the playing squad.

That's how it works right?

And what if waiting the time, and the supposed increase in prices comes in, and that means you can't afford a season ticket?
  • What's the problem? It is a simple polite request. It is a positive initiative in support of club finances.

Some do seem so desperate to be offended. On what possible basis is the call condescending? Some people need to learn English. It might be as well if some learned some basic economics. Do you think football clubs discount their product out of the goodness of their hearts. The whole purpose of discounting early season tickets sales is to a) help provide funding over the summer months when no other revenue is going to be forthcoming. b) plan budgets for the forthcoming 12 months trading.

I entirely agree it will mean absolutely sod all to Duchatelet whether he gets it or not.

The object of the exercise is protect the clubs best interests by ensuring due revenues are placed with the new investors. The loss of a £ going forward is £ that cannot be spent on the club. Only a fool dismisses 35% per cent of their revenue.

It will as Henry has positioned provide a level of commitment to the new owners. With any normal owner such commitment builds inclusion, builds respect, builds momentum. We had a very brief example of what respect, inclusion and momentum can do with Bowyer and Jackson.

This.

If you buy a ST in May and RD is still owner, that money goes towards paying May's wages etc, if you don't provide it to him, the wages money comes out of Roland's pocket instead.

If you wait and buy a ST in June or July when new owners are in charge, it goes towards June's/July's wages and not out of the new owners pocket who can then use more money to invest in the playing squad.

And what if waiting the time, and the supposed increase in prices comes in, and that means you can't afford a season ticket?
    CARD said they will reimburse the difference from the protest fund.

Ok, they didn't this a complete lie.

This.

?? Buy them in May when you can afford them?

I'm not telling people to do anything as far as I know..?
  • edited May 2018
    I do wish you'd increase the frequency of your post @Grapevine49
  • If the new owners doubled the price of the ST, I really wouldn't care.

Though I suspect that's the last thing they're considering.
  • I’ve just renewed my seaso - at sincil bank.

Out of interest, how much to park my fat arse in the west stand these days?
  • Sponsored links:

This.

It won't happen
  • Boom said:

I’ve just renewed my seaso - at sincil bank.

Out of interest, how much to park my fat arse in the west stand these days?

£350 +
  • The only money Roland gets is the money from the purchasers. Forget any idea that any club revenue goes to the old scroat.

The season ticket money simply provides cash that Roland needs to pay running costs and expenses.

If season ticket purchases are delayed it means Roland is still having to stump up cash. That cash presumably is a loan that the club will have to repay.

So delaying season ticket purchases makes both seller and purchaser aware they are being negatively impacted all the time a deal is dragging on.

It’s a statement of fan power and commitment that you either think is important and support or you don’t. No one is forcing anyone to do anything just making an invitation you accept or ignore.
  • Well done the CARDigans, let’s just hope the new lot don’t put the prices up..
  • I'm holding off until 31st May before renewing as I fancy snapping up some of those pre warmed seats.

We'll be looking for a row of 9 seats in total.

Yes....finally!

A post by @Grapevine49 that I can read on my phone without scrolling :smiley:
    Death of JFK
    Moon Landings
    Fall of Berlin wall

and now this - the list is complete.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

If somehow a clean and complete takeover happens I want my season ticket purchases to be part of a surge of positivity.

I get that 100% and had I known that the club were going to blatantly con people with the early bird deadline nonsense I would have done the same.
  • razil said:

Well done the CARDigans, let’s just hope the new lot don’t put the prices up..

What would be nice is if the new lot come in and want to welcome everyone back and lower the prices!
  • didn't they do the same with the early bird the other year - kept extending the deadline or am I imagining it.
  • seth plum said:

If somehow a clean and complete takeover happens I want my season ticket purchases to be part of a surge of positivity.

I get that 100% and had I known that the club were going to blatantly con people with the early bird deadline nonsense I would have done the same.
    The 'early bird' deadline sales deadline,has been used to mislead people into thinking that they will be saving money by buying early when this has not been the case in recent years.
    If/when new owners takeover the whole ticketing system needs reviewing,with a simpler price structure giving people an idea the benefits of buying a season ticket & how much they will save etc.
  • edited May 2018
    seth plum said:

As things stand I have scant expectation that we will be taken over, and I don't trust Roland or his acolytes at the club except Mick Everitt.

He’ll be grateful for your endorsement but would point out he doesn’t work at the club.
  • I think everybody's already made up their minds one way or another about buying S/t's, I agree about waiting until the deal is complete. This thread is a timely reminder that the deal is not done, despite the euphoria over Mr Seed's blog. Roland is still here, and for how long no-one knows.

Not dissimilar line of thinking as ROT in laying the foundations now for future eventualities.
  • edited May 2018
    Mametz said:

Blimey, what a strange thread.

CARD have suggested a course of action and have given their reasons for that suggestion. They have issued no diktats or threats. If someone disagrees with it they are perfectly at liberty to purchase a season ticket when they want.

Personally, I have been boycotting for the last two years and my own belief is that every other Charlton fan should have been doing the same. Some of my best friends have had season tickets over that time. We sometimes discuss that but we agree to disagree and then get on with having a beer or two.

For clarity’s sake I should add that I won’t be buying a season ticket whatever happens but this is due to the fact that I have just moved 200 miles down the M4.

Is the M4 that long ?

Highways agency England say their bit is 120.7 miles and Wikipedia states it’s only 189 miles long in total. Could be good news Mametz, you could be closer to the Valley than you think...start saving those pennies for a season ticket