Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD renews call for fans not to buy season tickets before takeover is confirmed

edited May 2018 in General Charlton
The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) has urged Charlton fans not to gift the current owner a leaving present, which it believes could be the effect of purchasing a 2018/19 season ticket before the sale of the club is finalised.

The Addicks recently put season tickets back on sale until the end of the month, claiming that some fans had missed out because their phones were busy on the original deadline day of May 7th.

A CARD spokesperson said: “We are very optimistic that the club will be taken over by new owners in the near future, but it hasn’t happened yet.

“Anyone tempted to buy a season ticket now should be aware of the risk that Duchatelet will benefit from their money rather than the incoming administration. It may go in his pocket, not to support new owners’ plans for next season.

“There is also a risk that Duchatelet takes your money and then decides not to go through with the sale of the club, which could mean you are committed to paying to watch a team which is then stripped of its better players.

“CARD welcomes the prospect of new owners and once they are confirmed to be in place we hope as many people as possible will sign up for season tickets, but we would strongly caution against buying now because there are no guarantees where your money will go.

“Don’t risk giving Duchatelet a leaving gift he doesn’t deserve.”

Comments

• CARD said:

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) has urged Charlton fans not to gift the current owner a leaving present, which it believes could be the effect of purchasing a 2018/19 season ticket before the sale of the club is finalised.

There is also a risk that Duchatelet takes your money and then decides not to go through with the sale of the club, which could mean you are committed to paying to watch a team which is then stripped of its better players.

Well that would blow 'done deal' and 'imminent' right out of the water!!
  • Ditto, guys.

Why on earth would anyone do anything differently ?
  • Ditto, guys.

Because I knew we would be renewing a number of season tickets for next season and we wanted to do it in the most cost-effective way. That was by doing so ahead of the Earlybird deadline that was set.

(So on the day of the deadline we cut short a weekend away, drove for over 2hrs to ensure we were back in time to liaise and renew before the deadline. And then half an hour later when the deadline closed they announced they were extending it for no real reason and for no set time. Well impressed).
  • I take it that we'll pass the hat round for a whip once he's gone though , for the leaving present ??
  • I favour a leaving party, he can have an invite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another thread that is sure to end up with fans pointing fingers at eachother and bickering. As long as he's definitely going, who gives a fuck if he (might) earn an extra few grand on st sale.

I'm not convinced that st sales translates into dough in Rocunt's pocket anyway, but if it does it'll be the best few grand the club has ever spent if you ask me
  • It will be interesting to see the stance of people above if for some reason the sale of the club has not gone through before the season starts.

All of a sudden it may become "OK" to buy a season ticket.

#notapennymore
  • I’ve brought my ticket, I can see where you are coming from but I have had my current seat for over 10 years in the east stand and I don’t fancy losing it because you are telling me to hold off. Lots of people around me are of the same opinion. If the club could reserve it for you then I’d have gladly held off
  • se9addick said:

Surely any season ticket sales this summer - whether they fall pre or post takeover - will be factored into the sale price?

I make you spot on with this. Its like any other business take over, with "work in progress" adjustments.
  • I'm waiting.
  • se9addick said:

Surely any season ticket sales this summer - whether they fall pre or post takeover - will be factored into the sale price?

Is it worth taking the risk? For the sake of a couple of weeks?
  • Sponsored links:

• My £200 season ticket will make very little difference, but thanks for the patronising advice.

• I was half tempted to get a season ticket this season as I managed to not be able to get tickets for certain away games last season.

Unless RD sells up will be on my 3rd season without a season ticket.

Cmon Douchebag, hurry up and do the right thing!
  • se9addick said:

Well you would of thought so.
    Can you imagine if we sold 22, 000 season tickets this week for the 2018/19 season before the sale of the club and next week we have new owners with Roland walking away with the takings? Nah neither can I .
    Ridiculous request by card surely.
  • cabbie8 said:

I’ve brought my ticket, I can see where you are coming from but I have had my current seat for over 10 years in the east stand and I don’t fancy losing it because you are telling me to hold off. Lots of people around me are of the same opinion. If the club could reserve it for you then I’d have gladly held off

One of the great benefits of falling attendances is that you’re surrounded by empty seats. If I have to move a few seats next season, to me it’s no big deal.
  • I'm quite happy to wait...I'm being as patient as a Slade,when he goes I & my littleun plus her friends & families will be once again buying season tickets after 3 torturous Douchtwat yrs...(we gave the benefit of doubt 1st season)
  • edited May 2018

Ditto, guys.

Because I knew we would be renewing a number of season tickets for next season and we wanted to do it in the most cost-effective way. That was by doing so ahead of the Earlybird deadline that was set.

(So on the day of the deadline we cut short a weekend away, drove for over 2hrs to ensure we were back in time to liaise and renew before the deadline. And then half an hour later when the deadline closed they announced they were extending it for no real reason and for no set time. Well impressed).
    Mugged off by the club, who'd have thought it?
    Smiley winky thing
  • edited May 2018

se9addick said:

Well you would of thought so.
    Can you imagine if we sold 22, 000 season tickets this week for the 2018/19 season before the sale of the club and next week we have new owners with Roland walking away with the takings? Nah neither can I .
    Ridiculous request by card surely.
    Not ridiculous more tactical IMHO

The deal isn't done but let's assume it will be soon. A huge spike in sales AFTER a takeover sends a message to the new owners that the fans are behind them.

there is not going to be a price rise and reserved seats are safe for now so why rush?
    I think that will probably happen anyway, so I can't see the point in a "statement" that will obviously divide fans again and basically, ridicule those who have already bought their st's in the hope that Rocunt is on his way.