Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018

Here’s my 2+2=5 re SCP

Out of nowhere an associate who doesn’t know about my one way love affair with SCP asked me if he was a dick .
    After I made him wash his mouth out with soap and water and say the Lord Curbs prayer 3 times I said no he’s a gentlemen .
    He said a fella he works with has a nephew or son or someone who plays at Southend and SCP doesn’t really interact with the players much and is a bit distant .
    I immediately called the character in question a dick and wasn’t having any of it .

Or maybe SCP is distant cos he knows he’s coming Back to The Valley .

Anyway what a load of shit , sorry you had to read it but I haven’t posted for a while .

Manager at the start of next season

15% SCP ...... 25% Lee Lee Lee Bowyer .... 5% Harry Kewell ..... 55% some dullard who will take us nowhere

100% Roland Out

LOL!!! Post of the day :wink:
  • Options
    Mal said:

Here’s my 2+2=5 re SCP

Out of nowhere an associate who doesn’t know about my one way love affair with SCP asked me if he was a dick .
    After I made him wash his mouth out with soap and water and say the Lord Curbs prayer 3 times I said no he’s a gentlemen .
    He said a fella he works with has a nephew or son or someone who plays at Southend and SCP doesn’t really interact with the players much and is a bit distant .
    I immediately called the character in question a dick and wasn’t having any of it .

Anyway what a load of shit , sorry you had to read it but I haven’t posted for a while .

15% SCP ...... 25% Lee Lee Lee Bowyer .... 5% Harry Kewell ..... 55% some dullard who will take us nowhere

100% Roland Out

When SCP first came to Charlton he got to the end of the season and then changed virtually the whole playing squad. Maybe he is planning the same and doesnt want to get too close to any players before he brings in his own squad.

I would be extremely surprised if SCP leaves Southend after such a short time. Its just not in his character.
    Quite a few have suggested Powell would not leave Southend, because of his contract with them, and the short time he has been there. I have to say, I disagree with that sentiment entirely, Powells no fool, it was plain for all to see just how much hurt he felt when sacked by Roland, becoming Charlton Manager/head Coach again would enable him to carry on with the unfinished business he had to leave. There really is no comparison between Southend and Charlton, and I say that with no disrespect to Southend. He is limited to what could be realistically achieved where he is for obvious reasons, where as at Charlton there is no limit to where it could take him if things went well, I will stick my neck on the line and say, if approached, and Powell likes what is offered, he will become the next Manager/Head Coach. Loyalty means nothing in Football, as Powell has found out, he will do whats best for him, and thats back at Charlton.
    As Bowyer may find out too.
  • Options

Mal said:

Here’s my 2+2=5 re SCP

100% Roland Out

When SCP first came to Charlton he got to the end of the season and then changed virtually the whole playing squad. Maybe he is planning the same and doesnt want to get too close to any players before he brings in his own squad.

I would be extremely surprised if SCP leaves Southend after such a short time. Its just not in his character.
    Quite a few have suggested Powell would not leave Southend, because of his contract with them, and the short time he has been there. I have to say, I disagree with that sentiment entirely, Powells no fool, it was plain for all to see just how much hurt he felt when sacked by Roland, becoming Charlton Manager/head Coach again would enable him to carry on with the unfinished business he had to leave. There really is no comparison between Southend and Charlton, and I say that with no disrespect to Southend. He is limited to what could be realistically achieved where he is for obvious reasons, where as at Charlton there is no limit to where it could take him if things went well, I will stick my neck on the line and say, if approached, and Powell likes what is offered, he will become the next Manager/Head Coach. Loyalty means nothing in Football, as Powell has found out, he will do whats best for him, and thats back at Charlton.
    Sadly, I think it's a bridge to far for Bowyer, he did fantastic in the time he had charge, but Roland hired him, not fired him like he did Powell, I cant see new owners taking a chance on Bowyer, who has no experience running a club as a Manager, to much of a gamble I feel, to much at stake.
  • Options

Here’s my 2+2=5 re SCP

100% Roland Out

Actually, he may well be a little distant from the players.....no bad thing if he is, just as long as he’s fair and acts like the gentleman that he is when he needs to be in contact.
    There are many an excellent manager who have been a bit distant from there squad...Clough, Ferguson and even Curbs, to name but three.
  • Options

Mal said:

Mal said:

Here’s my 2+2=5 re SCP

100% Roland Out

Sadly, I think it's a bridge to far for Bowyer, he did fantastic in the time he had charge, but Roland hired him, not fired him like he did Powell, I cant see new owners taking a chance on Bowyer, who has no experience running a club as a Manager, to much of a gamble I feel, to much at stake.
    The new owners know the results and turnaround that Lee Bowyer achieved in his short caretaker role and are sensible enough to formally interview him for the post. They are also it seems sensible enough to hold a proper interview process which one assumes requires applications for the post. They also know that Chris Powell is a good fit and has a real affinity with the club. All of that indicates to me that the new people are intent on doing things the correct way.

That's all you can ask for really. Whether its Chris Powell, Bowyer, or someone else entirely; so be it. If this is the way they are going about things, I'm a hell of a lot more confident we'll get the right man in than I ever was under old ball bag.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Awww even their South Stand has a tower block behind it... How sweet

The surroundings look a bit like the Peninsula (there's water anyway).

The plot thickens.

Most Aussie teams dont actually own the grounds they play at...they hire them.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

I’m biting my lip so feckin hard at ozziedave’s post I’ve swallowed my own head!

Please don't, would love to read your response.
    Sorry Henry, to busy drinking their beer and shagging their women to respond. ;)
    ''too busy''
    Do they actually have schools over there?

Or are you too busy drinking and shagging and being racist to study basic English?

;-)
    Dunno Arthur, got educaytionisled in England ;)
    ooh

Sorry, meant. 'oh'
    I grew up in St Mary Cray and moved to Australia a couple of years after leaving school Authur, I’m pleased I can reed and rite!
  • Options

Muir, Murphy, ?, Elliot, ?

Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, and Grubb.
    Sounds like my old watch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

I’m biting my lip so feckin hard at ozziedave’s post I’ve swallowed my own head!

Please don't, would love to read your response.
    Sorry Henry, to busy drinking their beer and shagging their women to respond. ;)
    ''too busy''
    Do they actually have schools over there?

Or are you too busy drinking and shagging and being racist to study basic English?

;-)
    Dunno Arthur, got educaytionisled in England ;)
    ooh

Sorry, meant. 'oh'
    I grew up in St Mary Cray and moved to Australia a couple of years after leaving school Authur, I’m pleased I can reed and rite!
    St Mary’s Cray????
    Fluent Romany doesn’t count
  • Options

I'm parked next to Rocunt's campervan in the supermarket car park. Quick, what shall I say to him?

Are you sure that's his campervan and not a really shit hotel he's building?
  • Options

Reams ???? The guy who gets free tickets off of The Cloob for the lounge etc and was their mouth piece ??? but let's take what he says as kosher ---- nahhhhh I don't think so

T_C_E said:

"Horrible, dirty little scroat, nasty piece of work"
    Sounds like a perfect candidate for a COO

If Ashley is part of a proposed group then that surely won't be happening. Newcastle aren't even close to being taken over, and the latest is that Ashley has upped his asking price yet again.

So if RD has a buyer close to purchasing us in the next 1-2 weeks he's surely going to take that rather than fund us throughout the summer (and for however many more months), on the off chance Newcastle gets sold soon.

Ashley? Where did his name come from?

Taxi_Lad said:

Not as impressive as Roland’s plans for Sparrows Lane

Is that the Somme?
  • Options
    Acab said:

Reams ???? The guy who gets free tickets off of The Cloob for the lounge etc and was their mouth piece ??? but let's take what he says as kosher ---- nahhhhh I don't think so

T_C_E said:

If Ashley is part of a proposed group then that surely won't be happening. Newcastle aren't even close to being taken over, and the latest is that Ashley has upped his asking price yet again.

So if RD has a buyer close to purchasing us in the next 1-2 weeks he's surely going to take that rather than fund us throughout the summer (and for however many more months), on the off chance Newcastle gets sold soon.

Taxi_Lad said:

Is that the Somme?
    That's a funny way of spelling Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    Acab said:

T_C_E said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Is that the Somme?
    I think so, yes.
  • Options

Appointing Bowyer wasn't a masterstroke by Roland - he was simply the cheap option for an owner who didn't care. That he did an excellent job is credit to him and JJ.

I know we have a low acceptance level us Charlton fans, but i would suggest that 6 'good' games allied with 6 shit ones is more average than 'excellent' ?
  • Options
    5 games of not even looking likely to score , and losing twice in playoffs is a bit less than excellent.
  • Options

Beating 3 of the top 4 is a bit better than average.

offset by losing to Wimbledon and Rochdale
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comprehensively beaten in both games over 2 legs by a team built mostly from non-league. And riding our luck in at least 2 of the wins (Blackburn and Pompey).
    Nah, more average than excellent.
  • Options

Mal said:

But he had to try with gobshite players.

I would love to see what he could achieve with his own players
    Give you that, but, if you listen to Louis Mendez and his analogy of the difference when interveiweing Gobshite and Lee, with Scousegit saying 'he's upset the third metarsal, and sustaned impact peripheral muscle damage' to Lees 'he's hurt his foot', this worries me about the motivational ability from Lee. Now, we all know what Lee's like, and he doesnt come over as the brightest spark, and i doubt his motivational skills to get 105 per cent from the team, which is what all 'excellent' managers seem to be able to do.
    I woldnt mind him being manager - i think we could do better - but i think we are too hung up on getting a 'Charlton man'.
  • Options

Mal said:

Give you that, but, if you listen to Louis Mendez and his analogy of the difference when interveiweing Gobshite and Lee, with Scousegit saying 'he's upset the third metarsal, and sustaned impact peripheral muscle damage' to Lees 'he's hurt his foot', this worries me about the motivational ability from Lee. Now, we all know what Lee's like, and he doesnt come over as the brightest spark, and i doubt his motivational skills to get 105 per cent from the team, which is what all 'excellent' managers seem to be able to do.
    I woldnt mind him being manager - i think we could do better - but i think we are too hung up on getting a 'Charlton man'.
    I think it was pretty clear that Lee Bowyer got more from the players by a country mile than any previous manager since Chris Powell.
    I dont think that was hard after Gobbo and everyone else we've had - do you?
  • Options

Mal said:

I think it was pretty clear that Lee Bowyer got more/ has more motivational abilty, by a country mile than any previous manager since Chris Powell.

I'm astounded anyone could question the motivation ability of a man that turned a team of light weights into a team that won the vast majority of their battles. He absolutely transformed most of the players, who were barely recognisable, from earlier in the season.
    I dont recall 6 out of 12 being the vast majority.
    I spoke to Patrick Bauer shortly after the Pompey game, and asked him if there was any major difference, and his reply was 'no real difference, aside from playing 2 up front , which seemed to release eveyone into playing a system they could recognise and fit into' - it wasnt rocket science.
  • Options
    You know when you think about it, what's Duchatelet actually achieved for the club?

Think about it.

Time for him to go i reckon.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!