Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Essendon play at the Etihad stadium, Melbourne (56,000):

And train at The Hangar:

Pretty impressive.

Its alright, but does it have a ditch? ;)
  • Options
    Doesn't appear that Essendon own their stadium but sounds like that might be the norm over there.
  • Options

I'm parked next to Rocunt's campervan in the supermarket car park. Quick, what shall I say to him?

No words needed. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I doubt SCP would have a buy out clause - an out of work manager is just grateful for a job. It is pointless arguing about tapping up or not tapping up - he will know the new owners want him. We all do! I seriously doubt he would leave Southend because he is not that sort of bloke, the situation could only be helped if Southend were co-operative which I doubt they would be.

I suspect the owners will have to look at the next on the list.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Had a crash on my bike yesterday while training for this prostate cancer ride. A bit of tarpaulin covering a skip flapped in the wind and caught the end of my handle bars, sending over the bars onto the road. I was a bit bruised and had a few scrapes, but still got out today. (Accidentally cycled up Succomb’s Hill, which I don’t recommend.)

This has been a shameless plug for sponsorship, and has nothing to do with the takeover, or the Aussies https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jimmyduttoncafc

More relevant to the thread though is the fact that tonight I made chicken risotto, but used red onions instead of the more traditional white. Any thoughts?

Both red onions and Charlton make us cry ?
  • Options
    If there are any dealings with Southend United it ought to be meticulously done absolutely by the book.
    Our issues are not to be imposed on Southend United in any way whatsoever.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Awww even their South Stand has a tower block behind it... How sweet

The surroundings look a bit like the Peninsula (there's water anyway).

The plot thickens.

Yet is that Dartford Bridge in the background... they're moving us to Thamesmead!!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Mal said:

JamesSeed said:

Lot of people having a gripe about the EFL, but Given that a number of similar deals have been announced ‘subject to EFL approval’, is there a possibility that it hasn’t even got,to the stage yet?

It is very much in the club and the new people’s interests to get this out there is quick as possible, so if the EFL approval is the ONLY outstanding obstacle, I’m fairly sure this would have been announced.

The Australians said it’s with the EFL, so no, not really.

It’s hard to be patient after all this time, but the Aussies are managing it.

I know they’re speaking to prospective managers, so hopefully they’ll be able to announce the takeover and the name of the manager, new or otherwise, at the same time.
    Hopefully on Thursday or Friday, but who knows.
    We may then get an early indication then if we see Southend announcing That Chris Powell has left them over the next few days.
    James reported that the Australians had approached SCP's people to discuss his availability. Without seeking permission from Southend's Chairman that would be considered tapping up - not the best example of operational integrity whilst awaiting a fit and proper assessment!! There has been no mention in the media, anywhere, that Southend have given permission for SCP to talk to Charlton.

I view the SCP link as a non-starter.
    that isn't tapping up, that is simply asking if it is worth making an official approach to sarffend.

Oh it most definitely is tapping-up. But the observation made that they are not yet the owners is a moot point.
    isn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Had a crash on my bike yesterday while training for this prostate cancer ride. A bit of tarpaulin covering a skip flapped in the wind and caught the end of my handle bars, sending over the bars onto the road. I was a bit bruised and had a few scrapes, but still got out today. (Accidentally cycled up Succomb’s Hill, which I don’t recommend.)

This has been a shameless plug for sponsorship, and has nothing to do with the takeover, or the Aussies https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jimmyduttoncafc

More relevant to the thread though is the fact that tonight I made chicken risotto, but used red onions instead of the more traditional white. Any thoughts?

Scoham said:

Nothing new really but Richard Cawley still saying it could go through as early as this week.

Not set time to carry out the fit and proper persons test, it could take “two hours, two days or two months”.

I think he's just ripped that off @AFKABartram 's excellent summary on the bite size thread.
    Basically, all comes from my pal.

Although he could be wrong.
    I'll sponsor your cycle ride for a tenner. How do I it?
    Pass it on to me and the next time I see James I'll give it to him.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Both red onions and Charlton make us cry ?
    A little raw red onion is a wonderful thing. Much sweeter than raw white onion. Tears of joy for me Fanny!
    The risotto went down well with the kids.

When we first moved in to our house back in 2002 I invited our next door neighbours, an Italian/French couple, for dinner. The Italian husband came into the kitchen and said ‘I admire you for cooking risotto for an Italian’.
    Of course I messed it up. Soggy rice.
    Gotta get the heat right :-(
  • Options

Rick Everitt
    @airmanbrown
    9m
    Update on the #cafc takeover: main man Gerard Murphy was at the training ground yesterday meeting people.
    Sue Parkes doesn’t count.
  • Options

Here’s my 2+2=5 re SCP

Out of nowhere an associate who doesn’t know about my one way love affair with SCP asked me if he was a dick .
    After I made him wash his mouth out with soap and water and say the Lord Curbs prayer 3 times I said no he’s a gentlemen .
    He said a fella he works with has a nephew or son or someone who plays at Southend and SCP doesn’t really interact with the players much and is a bit distant .
    I immediately called the character in question a dick and wasn’t having any of it .

Or maybe SCP is distant cos he knows he’s coming Back to The Valley .

Anyway what a load of shit , sorry you had to read it but I haven’t posted for a while .

Manager at the start of next season

15% SCP ...... 25% Lee Lee Lee Bowyer .... 5% Harry Kewell ..... 55% some dullard who will take us nowhere

100% Roland Out

It’s because he’s still in love with Charlton despite the messy divorce
  • Options
    I 100% believe Chris Powell will be Southend manager come first game of the season
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Essendon play at the Etihad stadium, Melbourne (56,000):

And train at The Hangar:

Pretty impressive.

How would you know it's The Hangar if it's your first time visiting?

There's no sign outside or anything.
    Our new owners will be relocating us to Hangar Lane, boo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lot of people having a gripe about the EFL, but Given that a number of similar deals have been announced ‘subject to EFL approval’, is there a possibility that it hasn’t even got,to the stage yet?

It is very much in the club and the new people’s interests to get this out there is quick as possible, so if the EFL approval is the ONLY outstanding obstacle, I’m fairly sure this would have been announced.

The obstacle the way I read it was two investors had not signed off the project from what @JamesSeed posted the other day
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Oxford tapped up Robbo but I did not read any complaints on here.

Southend know they only have SCP on loan.

I complained.

You would

;0)

• Options

Doesn't appear that Essendon own their stadium but sounds like that might be the norm over there.

The original AFL clubs (the old VFL) used to have their own grounds in the suburbs of Melbourne in which they were based with the exception of the Melbourne Football Club who have always played at the MCG; Geelong were the only VFL club outside of Melbourne and play at Kardinia Park.

Over time the Melbourne clubs have abandoned their own grounds for AFL matches and now play their home games at the higher-capacity MCG or Docklands (Eithad) Stadium but a lot of them have retained their old grounds as their club admin base and training ground. These grounds are also used for the reserves and womens' teams. Essendon's old ground was Windy Hill but in the last few years built a new training facility, The Hangar, near Melbourne Airport although their reserves side still play at Windy Hill in the VFL.

• Options

T_C_E said:

Awww even their South Stand has a tower block behind it... How sweet

Thats the "Paul Hogan Stand" FFS, his grandson posts on Essendonlife. ;)
    Well all I can say to him is this... "Thats not a Sports Stadium... now THIS is a Sports Stadium!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcE0aAhbVFc
  • Options

ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

I’m biting my lip so feckin hard at ozziedave’s post I’ve swallowed my own head!

Please don't, would love to read your response.
    Sorry Henry, to busy drinking their beer and shagging their women to respond. ;)
    ''too busy''
    Do they actually have schools over there?

Or are you too busy drinking and shagging and being racist to study basic English?

;-)
    Dunno Arthur, got educaytionisled in England ;)
    ooh

Sorry, meant. 'oh'
    I grew up in St Mary Cray and moved to Australia a couple of years after leaving school Authur, I’m pleased I can read and write!
  • Options

The original AFL clubs (the old VFL) used to have their own grounds in the suburbs of Melbourne in which they were based with the exception of the Melbourne Football Club who have always played at the MCG; Geelong were the only VFL club outside of Melbourne and play at Kardinia Park.

Over time the Melbourne clubs have abandoned their own grounds for AFL matches and now play their home games at the higher-capacity MCG or Docklands (Eithad) Stadium but a lot of them have retained their old grounds as their club admin base and training ground. These grounds are also used for the reserves and womens' teams. Essendon's old ground was Windy Hill but in the last few years built a new training facility, The Hangar, near Melbourne Airport although their reserves side still play at Windy Hill in the VFL.

What I've heard is that they are going to make all London clubs play at Olympic Park, London StadiumBrady Bowl.
    Arse and Spuds may be able to hold out a while. The Valley will continue to be a NHS and PPI call centre.
    London will follow the AFL model, it's part of the deal.
  • Options

Here’s my 2+2=5 re SCP

Out of nowhere an associate who doesn’t know about my one way love affair with SCP asked me if he was a dick .
    After I made him wash his mouth out with soap and water and say the Lord Curbs prayer 3 times I said no he’s a gentlemen .
    He said a fella he works with has a nephew or son or someone who plays at Southend and SCP doesn’t really interact with the players much and is a bit distant .
    I immediately called the character in question a dick and wasn’t having any of it .

Or maybe SCP is distant cos he knows he’s coming Back to The Valley .

Anyway what a load of shit , sorry you had to read it but I haven’t posted for a while .

Manager at the start of next season

15% SCP ...... 25% Lee Lee Lee Bowyer .... 5% Harry Kewell ..... 55% some dullard who will take us nowhere

100% Roland Out

When SCP first came to Charlton he got to the end of the season and then changed virtually the whole playing squad. Maybe he is planning the same and doesnt want to get too close to any players before he brings in his own squad.

I would be extremely surprised if SCP leaves Southend after such a short time. Its just not in his character.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!