Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Camping

With regardst to a couple of people mentioning going to Cornwall for their NYR I was thinking of going camping for a few days in the Summer with the missus and the kids.

Anybody done it before and if so any recommendations, cost, what to d, what not to do, can you book up late, places to go, etc??

Cheers

Comments

• Strange name, but this place is the best camp site I've been to... and I've been back a good few times now.

Great onsite facilities, including an indoor and outdoor pool, a pub, a cafe, play area, cycle hire..... Location is also great being just on the edge of the New Forest, and with close reach of the beach at Bournemouth....

Highly recommended

http://www.sandy-balls.co.uk/
  • Send the wife and kids to somewhere and get yourself over to Sunnyside with a mate!!
  • Abbey Wood has a campsite
  • If Abbey Wood is booked up ....

http://travel.independent.co.uk/article621989.ece
  • Sorry. Thought this post was about 1905 and mince pies
  • ive been to the new forest a few times and absolutely loved it. quite a lot to do and great facilities.. will find out what the exact camp is called.
  • Cheers all appreciated
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Sorry. Thought this post was about 1905 and mince pies

Move along Dan, there's no red wine or fluffy bunnies to be seen here....
  • edited January 2007
    apparently the camps called hollands wood which is apt for a charlton forum..lol

heres a link

http://www.forest-holidays.com/RVE621a92c8c6b543d289712463472733e3.aspx
  • No, No, No and No.

Best place to go camping is the sunny, flat land of Norfolk.

This campsite has got it all, 3 minute drive to the beach/sea, loads of bike trails, walking paths, wildlife walks, big fishing lake,nice clubhouse, not too overcrowded, friendly environment etc.

Been there many a year, but families decided to go abroad this year!

Check out the link.......

http://www.kellingheath.co.uk/
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd only go camping if i had Barbera Windsor exercising outside my tent every morning...

*Matron, take them away*.....
  • edited January 2007
    Im just back from Lulworth Cove... big sigh. Such a beautiful place. Two and a half hour drive from Charlton so not as far as Cornwall. They have a camp site/caravan park up at Durdle Door which is a lovely spot. With kids you need to go when its warm weather as not massive load to do apart from the beaches. well you have Monkey World nearby and quite a few other tourist attractions. But it is a lovely peaceful scenic area with plenty of walking, lovely beachs and lots of lovely pubs serving up great food!

love it so much we've booked to go back at Easter.
  • Dorset?...
  • endorse it?
  • Yes, very much.
  • Actually, I think it goes

"My wife's gone to Poole"

"In Dorset?"

"Yes, she'd recommend it to anyone".
  • Just looked on the web, looks very nice. I also fancy Cheddar, anyone been?...
  • edited January 2007
    ... gorgeous
  • My mate proposed to his girlfriend in Cheddar. Very cheesy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boom boom!!!...lol
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]My mate proposed to his girlfriend in Cheddar. Very cheesy.

In a balloon from the likes of these? Mind you they are full of hot air. A bit like Simon Jordan, lol.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]Boom boom!!!...lol

I'm here all week
  • Is it me or has camping got expensive? Always thought it was the cheap option.

We're going away for 4 days in the summer, partly due to a family wedding, and I thought it might be a good idea to add a camping stop halfway both ends as it'd be fun for the kids, break up the journey, and save a bit of money for activities etc over the non wedding days of the weekend, but all I'm finding it £60-80 a night! Before getting sleeping bags etc, and that's of I could borrow a tent.

That's more than a Premier Inn type hotel for the same time, which is £50 odd.

Kids holidays I know, but still.
  • Think it depends on the Camp site...

Me and the Wife went to Cornwall last August and paid just over £100 for seven nights

Me and the Wife went to Cornwall last August and paid just over £100 for seven nights

Yeah I know it fluctuates depending on the area, the time of year, the facilities etc but I've literally found nothing under about £65 a night.

Where abouts in Cornwall out of interest, was it good?
  • Go every year to Beer, propa little Britain, only £25.00 per night, only do 2-3 nights but like to get the old tent out once a year.

Yeah I know it fluctuates depending on the area, the time of year, the facilities etc but I've literally found nothing under about £65 a night.

Where abouts in Cornwall out of interest, was it good?
    Treloy Camping Site

Its outside of Newquay (about 10mins drive) by the Airport yet isnt on the flight path so you dont have to worry about the noise, not that its a big Airport... The Camp site itself is a bit out of the way from anyway yet has a bar and small shop on site, plus a small cafe yet I really liked it there... Is one of my favourites so far, has a swimming pool and adventure playground for the kids so will definitely go back when mine is older
  • Look up Hendra tourist park. Not cheap but a fantastic site.
  • Redrobo said:

Look up Hendra tourist park. Not cheap but a fantastic site.

Went past there a good few times when I was in Cornwall... Certainly looked nice from the outside