Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andres Iniesta

The Legend played his last game for Barcelona last night.

The game was a 19.45 kick off.

At 1.00AM Iniesta was still on the pitch in his kit with his shoes off.

Shows how much the club means to him and what a player he has been.

Comments

• i'm still a bit perplexed on why he's leaving. Even if he goes to china i doubt he'd be earning that much more than he's earning at barca. He's also absolutely adored there. IIRC they were willing to offer him a contract for life.
  • If he cared that much he wouldn’t be off to China.

He can't last 90 minutes for Barcelona anymore. I think he's recognised he ca no longer play at the top level in terms of fitness. Why not take a payday for the last couple of years? He's nothing left to prove whatsoever.
    Surely it wouldn’t hurt for him to take a step in to coaching, who better to oversee the Barca youth teams. I just think that after so long at the club it seems worth finishing your career as a one club man, same goes for Xavi.
  • Scoham said:

Wonder what he was waiting for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4k51YGdVQ

They get Iniesta... we get this...
  • Sponsored links:

• Once in a generation talent. One of my absolute favourite players to watch.

Absolutely agree. A joy to watch.

Not sure if it was ever an option but I would have very mixed feelings about watching him playing out his playing days at some middling Premier League team prepared to pay him top dollar for the privilege..and maybe so does he hence he's taking himself off where he can finish his career where he's still going to be one of the best players in the league. And earn a few bob...

Not sure if it was ever an option but I would have very mixed feelings about watching him playing out his playing days at some middling Premier League team prepared to pay him top dollar for the privilege..and maybe so does he hence he's taking himself off where he can finish his career where he's still going to be one of the best players in the league. And earn a few bob...
    I believe he came out and said he would never play for a team that could possibly play against Barcelona. Of course could come to the Prem but would rule out the Champions League teams.
  • The Legend played his last game for Barcelona last night.

The game was a 19.45 kick off.

At 1.00AM Iniesta was still on the pitch in his kit with his shoes off.

Shows how much the club means to him and what a player he has been.

Man up ffs

He can't last 90 minutes for Barcelona anymore. I think he's recognised he ca no longer play at the top level in terms of fitness. Why not take a payday for the last couple of years? He's nothing left to prove whatsoever.
    Surely it wouldn’t hurt for him to take a step in to coaching, who better to oversee the Barca youth teams. I just think that after so long at the club it seems worth finishing your career as a one club man, same goes for Xavi.
    I'm sure that's what he'll do eventually but let's be honest after playing about 800 times for Barca and Spain and winning everything there is to win, he's more than earned the right to a nice pay day in China (or wherever).

I read that any move to China is also linked to the expansion of his wine business so he's also being shrewd in considering his business interests as well. Fair play to him.

So after 15+ years and over 600 games for one club, he doesn't care that much because he's possibly looking to have one final payday?

There is a lot wrong with football and it's loyalty and money, Andres Iniesta is not one of them, nor was Xavi
    You didn’t see Giggs or Scholes, equivalent players, jet off to the MLS though did you? Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against Xavi nor Iniesta but I still think it’s disappointing that they both left so close to the end of their careers. It’s not like they’ve gone anywhere with any meaning either, all for a pay cheque.

Buffon is another... Read rumours he's been offered a deal by Liverpool and Man City

Praying that he accepts a move to the Premier League, bet even now he'd be up there as one of the best in the League

And he may well do that in the future. Perhaps he wants to play for a bit longer somewhere with less intensity.
  • Sponsored links:

Buffon is another... Read rumours he's been offered a deal by Liverpool and Man City

Praying that he accepts a move to the Premier League, bet even now he'd be up there as one of the best in the League
    Buffon is the best goalkeeper I've seen in my lifetime. Effortlessly world class. Unlike a lot of modern keepers he actually catches the ball and keeps possession.

So after 15+ years and over 600 games for one club, he doesn't care that much because he's possibly looking to have one final payday?

There is a lot wrong with football and it's loyalty and money, Andres Iniesta is not one of them, nor was Xavi
    You didn’t see Giggs or Scholes, equivalent players, jet off to the MLS though did you? Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against Xavi nor Iniesta but I still think it’s disappointing that they both left so close to the end of their careers. It’s not like they’ve gone anywhere with any meaning either, all for a pay cheque.
    Maybe Iniesta wants to carry on playing but feels he cannot do that at Barcelona anymore? Pele, George Best and Bobby Moore all played in the States at the end of their careers too by the end of the way.

And so what if it is for the money! After the careers they have had and the loyalty they have shown, they have earned that right. How many of us would decline that opportunity?

Yer, has probably earnt fuck all in his career ....
  • Amazing that neither Iniesta nor Xavi ever won World Player of The Year / Ballon D'Or.

Shows just how high the standard is in this generation of players.
  • edited May 2018
    shine166 said:

If he cared that much he wouldn’t be off to China.

Yer, has probably earnt fuck all in his career ....
    He’s lucky this China gig came along or he’d probably have to open a sportshop or pub to keep his money up.

I believe he came out and said he would never play for a team that could possibly play against Barcelona. Of course could come to the Prem but would rule out the Champions League teams.
    Should have joined us then. At least 3 season before we'll be in the Champions League

TBF John Terry said the same and he could play Chelsea twice next season
  • Macronate said:

Why the big fuss now?

He's done exactly the same thing after every game he's played for Barcelona at the Camp Nou.

Common knowledge that his wife would ring up reception after each game and ask whether Andres was out on the pitch again.

Makes a better story now
  • Amazing that neither Iniesta nor Xavi ever won World Player of The Year / Ballon D'Or.

Shows just how high the standard is in this generation of players.

Unlucky that his career coincided with the Messi/Ronaldo domination.