Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does anybody know what weekend in August next season starts?

Last season it was the first weekend in August, but could the World Cup delay that ?

Comments

• 8th August for League 1
  • 8th August is a Wednesday Nick - does that mean selected TV games for Wednesday and Friday?, and the first full weekend is the 11th presumably then.
  • I'm getting excited already about The Checkatrade trophy.
  • Cheers for stating when the Fixtures are released... Was wondering that
  • Can't wait for Accrington Stanley away.
  • https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/news-201819-season-fixtures-release-date-confirmed/
    The EFL have confirmed that the 2018/19 fixtures will be released on Thursday the 21st of June 2018 from 9am.

We know that fixtures release day is always an exciting time for supporters as they get ready to take a look at the upcoming games for the Sky Blues.

Therefore, we have compiled some key dates of City supporters to keep in mind ahead of the release day in June:

The opening day fixtures for the new campaign will get underway on Saturday the 4th of August 2018.
    The First Round of the Carabao Cup will be played the week commencing the 13th of August 2018.
    The Checkatrade Trophy gets underway during the week commencing the 3rd of September 2018.
    The Emirates FA Cup First Round will be scheduled for the weekend of the 10th of November 2018.
    The final day of the season looks set to take place on the 4th of May 2019.

So by the 10th November we'll be able to concentrate on the league!
  • Can't wait for Accrington Stanley away.

Plus Burton.

I bet both end up midweek.
  • Accrington (A) will probably be in January so we end up risking a frozen / waterlogged pitch no doubt!!
  • Sponsored links:

• The league like to pit a so called big boy against a newly promoted side I’ve noticed, we fall into the so called big boy category my guess is it’ll be Accrington or Wycombe at home first game.
  • The league like to pit a so called big boy against a newly promoted side I’ve noticed, we fall into the so called big boy category my guess is it’ll be Accrington or Wycombe at home first game.

Am going for Sunderland v Accrington on that basis... like you say, its usually a relegated v promoted side somewhere

Am going for Sunderland v Accrington on that basis... like you say, its usually a relegated v promoted side somewhere
    Could well be, we also played Wycombe at home in this very scenario a few years ago first game.

Could well be, we also played Wycombe at home in this very scenario a few years ago first game.
    Wycombe away first game would be good actually