Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2 Dishwashers?

I thought I'd start this to take it away from the take over thread -

cafc-west said:

JamesSeed said:

Great news James and a great relief . I , we, were all very anxious about how you were going to manage the cleanup. A dishwasher is a fantastic labour saving device and it’s a credit to you that you've had the foresight to have had one installed. Speaks volumes about the likely success of future dinner parties. I for one am ending my boycott - I’m free next saturday night .

I have friends who have two dishwashers. Highly recommended apparently.

8pm, Aussie consortium willing.
I'm having dramas with a customer at the moment because I cannot fit a washing machine and normal sized dishwasher on any side of their kitchen, so they've decided to keep the washing machine and have 2 slimline dishwashers on 2 sides of the kitchen. It's only a holiday home ffs.

Is owning 2 dishwashers the lates status symbol?
I've read that people have 2 so that they don't unload the d/w - they remove clean stuff as needed - use it and put in the other d/w then when full it goes on and they repeat the cycle. Saves cupboard space and time. I don't even have 1...

Comments

• edited May 2018

cafc-west said:

JamesSeed said:

Great news James and a great relief . I , we, were all very anxious about how you were going to manage the cleanup. A dishwasher is a fantastic labour saving device and it’s a credit to you that you've had the foresight to have had one installed. Speaks volumes about the likely success of future dinner parties. I for one am ending my boycott - I’m free next saturday night .

I have friends who have two dishwashers. Highly recommended apparently.

8pm, Aussie consortium willing.
    I'm having dramas with a customer at the moment because I cannot fit a washing machine and normal sized dishwasher on any side of their kitchen, so they've decided to keep the washing machine and have 2 slimline dishwashers on 2 sides of the kitchen. It's only a holiday home ffs.

Is owning 2 dishwashers the lates status symbol?
    I've read that people have 2 so that they don't unload the d/w - they remove clean stuff as needed - use it and put in the other d/w then when full it goes on and they repeat the cycle. Saves cupboard space and time. I don't even have 1...
    I explained that she was gonna lose cupboard space, but she explained that she actually won't, because having 2 dishwashers, 1 can act as a cupboard. Maybe that is what she meant....
    ...but the thinking about it, you don't use the exact cutlery, plates, pots and pans every time. So there must be a time when you need to unload clean stuff, in order to start putting dirty stuff in.

I think it's a status thing
  • This is my dishwasher!
  • I don't mind doing the washing up and having a good clean around the kitchen, but I don't think you can beat the results of a dishwasher
  • When's the season start
  • You could probably debate the space saving debacle as well. Surely the dishwasher takes up more space than the crockery and cutlery inside it?
    Not having it.
  • We've got two dishwashers.

Most of the time, it's me. Occasionally it's Ms AA.
  • edited May 2018
    Unless you put pots, pans, plates, dishes in random cupboards, the whole thing is a load of bs. And with 2 dishwashers, you would still need to unload a good percentage of the clean stuff before loading the dirty stuff. If you unload even one item, without the need to use it, it would prove the logic is wrong
  • I don't mind doing the washing up and having a good clean around the kitchen, but I don't think you can beat the results of a dishwasher

My butler tells me you can't use them for the lead crystal as it makes the glasses go cloudy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Women dont feel like they have a purpose after you get a dishwasher. My advice is to buy your other half a new set of marigolds on each anniversary and let her wash up in the sink as nature intended.
  • I have one dishwasher, with two drawers, which can be used independently. It's brilliant.

At a dinner party, first course plates, cutlery and glasses go in the top drawer; main course plates, cutlery and glasses go in the bottom drawer, by which time the top drawer is finished; so dessert is served on the same plates and with the same cutlery as the start, all sparklingly clean and dry.

So, at the end of the dinner, there's only one course-worth of crockery, cutlery and glasses to load up.
  • cafcfan said:

I don't mind doing the washing up and having a good clean around the kitchen, but I don't think you can beat the results of a dishwasher

My butler tells me you can't use them for the lead crystal as it makes the glasses go cloudy.
    Tell your butler to get down to Argos and get some more.
  • I use mine to wash out my Pot Noodles.
  • This has to be a new low point for this website.

No, that was air fryers.
  • Chizz said:

I have one dishwasher, with two drawers, which can be used independently. It's brilliant.

At a dinner party, first course plates, cutlery and glasses go in the top drawer; main course plates, cutlery and glasses go in the bottom drawer, by which time the top drawer is finished; so dessert is served on the same plates and with the same cutlery as the start, all sparklingly clean and dry.

So, at the end of the dinner, there's only one course-worth of crockery, cutlery and glasses to load up.

Have one set of plates and give everyone a piece of bread to mop their plate with at the end of the starter and main course.
  • Well I’ve had to buy two washing machines because the wife doesn’t want my smelly gym gear in with her delicates. It’s the way forward @JamesSeed
  • edited May 2018
    Having 2 is definitely a big status symbol not having 2 feel I'm missing out here but there's no room to park them on my drive with my 5 cars
  • Ok, first time I saw two dishwashers in one kitchen was in Daisy McAndrew's house. Busy working mum, working ridiculous telly hours.

Two dishwashers changed her life.

For anyone with a normal working life, it's for show, or they're quite lazy.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Chizz said:

I have one dishwasher, with two drawers, which can be used independently. It's brilliant.

Can you hear me back there in the 1980s?
  • We considered it but my Australian butler and his colonial staff complained that we would lose the space currently used by our champagne fridge.

Personally as a typical Charlton fan, i would rather eat off a dirty plate than drink warm Pol Roger after a long days grouse/immigrant shooting.
  • edited May 2018

Chizz said:

Can you hear me back there in the 1980s?
    Hostess trolley
  • Chizz said:

You mean one bowl, one spoon and a cup.
  • edited May 2018
    I used to live next door to a Mr Arthur Two-Dishwashers...
  • Chizz said:

Hold on - how long is your wash cycle ?
    It manages to wash the first course whilst you have the main course ?

• edited May 2018
    Two dishwashers as owned by Arthur Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjS3gzHetA