Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• As if by magic Mr Benn Seed pops up
  • redsek said:

RedChaser said:

Redrobo said:

No news from James yet this morning.

Late back from pub followed by a dinner party. No doubt with a few glasses of wine and a night cap.

The book is open for his first post today. I am going for a 10.45am.

Put me down for 10:46am
    No chance he's in the dog house for being AWOL when his guests were arriving. I reckon it'll be late afternoon before he's served his penance by clearing up and waited on his Mrs hand and foot whilst she is glued to the box watching the Royal Wedding :wink: .
    There's a royal wedding?
    Yes mate, still time to reschedule your plans for the day if not Sky plus it :wink: .
  • vff said:

Ok. So here is what Duchatelet told us earlier. Please take this with a pinch of salt.

There are still two interested parties, the Aussies and a British one.
    He is selling the lot. Would have kept the Valley but only four of the ex-directors approved this.
    He loves Richard Murray. "He is a super guy."
    He hates Peter Varney and CARD. The latter have misled the majority of fans. He would have led us to the Premier League otherwise. "You have missed an opportunity."
    He is no longer interested in football.

I don’t follow Charlton just for the glory, also because the club can be innovative & do things the right way, with good values & is a positive force. Ambition to succeed & be the best you can be is a good thing. Football should be uplifting & not something to just endure. I want to see Charlton out of League One & be back in the Premiership. For Charlton to be known to be difficult to beat, also for the incredible spirit, & never give in attitude. Success built on hard work & ability to overcome challenges.
    Exactly this............. very well put.
  • He's probably very busy picking up the empty cans and bottles of vodka from the bushes and clearing up the pavement pizzas.
  • HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

Morning folks. I survived the dinner party, although Mrs D wasn't too pleased with my late arrival. She had to delay our guests, but I just about got the food ready thirty minutes later than planned. I was also a bit knackered after cycling 106kms as training for the Prostate Cancer UK ride on first of June.
    So I'm about to sit down and write up my recollections of what was said last night (at the meeting, rather than at the dinner party).

I'm interested in the dinner party menu so if you can include that as well, I'm sick to death of all the pot noodle and pizza chat and want to hear about something a bit more sophisticated.
    And how many chips he served
  • Redrobo said:

No news from James yet this morning.

Late back from pub followed by a dinner party. No doubt with a few glasses of wine and a night cap.

The book is open for his first post today. I am going for a 10.45am.

Put me down for 10:46am
    I win!
  • Sponsored links:

• He's probably very busy picking up the empty cans and bottles of vodka from the bushes and clearing up the pavement pizzas.

I'd imagine a pavement pizza would slip through the fingers?

I'd imagine a pavement pizza would slip through the fingers?
    Spoon is the way to go.
  • A pint with Gerald. A cover DJ based on a guy called Gerald
  • Tom's taken him into protective custody. ;)
  • Hurry up @JamesSeed I’ve got to go out at 11:45
  • Is fondue still a done thing?....
  • Sponsored links:

• It is in Switzerland and germany
  • JamesSeed said:

Morning folks.

So I'm about to sit down and write up my recollections of what was said last night (at the meeting, rather than at the dinner party).

Do you read a lot of Agatha Christie mate? :wink:
  • Hurry up @JamesSeed ffs

: )

• Hurry up @JamesSeed ffs

: )

I reckon @MrsJamesSeed is still giving him pelters for coming home Brahms and Liszt yesterday afternoon
  • Thanks James. Really good to hear all that.
  • James, thanks for sharing. All sounds positive.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!