Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• McNulty scored again for Coventry. Posted my opinions on him on the other, far superior rumours thread that was deleted.

Outrageous. I have been looking for that thread. As you say, far superior. One would have thought they would have had the decency to copy all of the posts onto this one.
  • Probably will be playing for Forest next season, but Jorge Grant has smashed up League Two scoring goals for fun from midfield for Notts. Would be excellent in League One next season.
  • Just noticed that Ben Hamer is out of contract at Leicester! Unlikely he would drop down to league one , but would love him back at the Valley
  • Isn't Chris Baird primarily a Left-Back? - Would keep Lewis Page first choice in that respect

Else we risk our Back Four to get rather aged and slow, means we go back to the days of having Graeme Murty in the side

Right back!
  • edited May 2018
    This bloke and Bahebeck were the hot rumours 2-3 years ago.

• McNulty scored again for Coventry. Posted my opinions on him on the other, far superior rumours thread that was deleted.

I wondered what happened to that thread.
    Disgraced and disappointed to hear it’s gone. Probably the best thread for many years.
    Some of my best work went into that thread.
  • Scotty Wagstaff available

Is he as good as Danny Green?

Going by their careers since they left CAFC I would say yes
  • edited May 2018
    Are we thinking that the new owners will spend less than the current owner on new players? Surely if they are serious about getting up, then they have to be looking at Championship players as well as blokes from Coventry?

We don't just need players "who know the league"....we had plenty of those last season. We also need a couple of players with a bit of guile and who, hopefully, can take a decent free-kick/corner! (i.e not JFC).

• Sponsored links:

Going by their careers since they left CAFC I would say yes
    Whoosh.

Danny Green has just signed a two year contract with Concord Rangers (Canvey Island)
  • uie2 said:

I see that Robinson wants Carruthers at Oxford from Sheff Utd!

Sounds like a name that would fit.
  • uie2 said:

Just waiting for him to put a bid in for Reeves.
  • uie2 said:

Just waiting for him to put a bid in for Reeves.
    Reevesy!!!
  • Sunderland linked with Paul Hurst, if they get him I’d be shocked if they didn’t go straight back up, excellent manager.
  • edited May 2018
    Only thing with Paul Hurst is the players they could sign. His record to date is signing hardworking underrated players and making them a good side. Sunderland are a big club for League 1, and it will be a completely different market to what he is used to. A bit like Curbs when he went to West Ham and blew money on some crap rather than finding the little bargains he did with us.
  • Only thing with Paul Hurst is the players they could sign. His record to date is signing hardworking underrated players and making them a good side. Sunderland are a big club for League 1, and it will be a completely different market to what he is used to. A bit like Curbs when he went to West Ham and blew money on some crap rather than finding the little bargains he did with us.

Trouble is they need to do what Blackburn / Wigan / Powell did... their squad is full of players from this level and below

No point trying to sign a squad full of Premier League rejects etc. because they'll just get kicked off the pitch by the Rochdale's and Wimbledon's of this level
  • Only thing with Paul Hurst is the players they could sign. His record to date is signing hardworking underrated players and making them a good side. Sunderland are a big club for League 1, and it will be a completely different market to what he is used to. A bit like Curbs when he went to West Ham and blew money on some crap rather than finding the little bargains he did with us.

Trouble is they need to do what Blackburn / Wigan / Powell did... their squad is full of players from this level and below

No point trying to sign a squad full of Premier League rejects etc. because they'll just get kicked off the pitch by the Rochdale's and Wimbledon's of this level
    They also have 5/6 players on paper who should walk into most Champ teams. But I do agree they need to sign the right sort of player. Hence why my Uni pal (Sunderland fan) wants McCarthy back
  • Sponsored links:

• No idea on reliability nor who made this decision if its true, but my mate just text me saying Luke Steele will be training with us when we're back from pre-season
  • No idea on reliability nor who made this decision if its true, but my mate just text me saying Luke Steele will be training with us when we're back from pre-season

Would be pretty pleased with that, solid keeper at this level.
  • Be quite happy with Luke Steele as Goalkeeper... He's never been down to League One before yet was relied upon by Barnsley in the Championship for a few years

Strangely has also played for Panathinaikos (Got into team of the week in the Europa League despite losing @ Ajax), yet he surely does well under pressure the way their fans act out there
  • Sunderland are getting 30m parachute payments. Assuming their new owners are wiping all of their debt, they will be very strong next year
  • Sunderland are getting 30m parachute payments. Assuming their new owners are wiping all of their debt, they will be very strong next year

They should be strong next year yet will be suffering from a second relegation which'll be at the back of their minds

Nor did they really spend the first parachute payment so might not this time round either

That sounds like a sensible enough rumour to be true!

Released by Bristol, so looking for a new club. I imagine either Gallen or our GK coach have been in contact with him

They should be strong next year yet will be suffering from a second relegation which'll be at the back of their minds

Nor did they really spend the first parachute payment so might not this time round either
    With no debt, and their parachute payments coming in, they’ll also be shown on Sky Sports as much as Sky possibly can. Players will look to sign for Sunderland.

I think it’s even more reason for us to get this takeover sorted as soon as possible because we will get left behind otherwise. Sunderland are going to be strong.
  • Think Sunderland are getting the St Mirren manager.

That sounds like a sensible enough rumour to be true!

Released by Bristol, so looking for a new club. I imagine either Gallen or our GK coach have been in contact with him
    yeah just checked it out and saw he's been released, didn't know he was Bristol City. If true, definitely no harm in having a look at him, seems like a decent signing on paper.
  • Sunderland will be favourites to win the league. New sensible owner who will be hands on and I think he will get that club back on track quickly. Will probably announce a new manager today and then sort through what players want to stay and shift out the rest. They will then start fishing in the same pond as we would like too, but with probably more money.

It would be really good if we can get our ownership sorted ASAP.