Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Still puzzled why we never signed David Martin last summer
  • Thought Archie Edwards was going to make it with us. A couple of seasons ago he was going to be the next big thing.
  • Am I right in saying we paid money for Yamfam?
  • Shackell would be a very astute signing. Looked good for us when he got minutes and was unfortunate that Cooper and Hutchinson had built such a good partnership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shackell would be a very astute signing. Looked good for us when he got minutes and was unfortunate that Cooper and Hutchinson had built such a good partnership.

agreed, lack of pace but a very solid option to compete with Bauer and Pearce for 2 spots. Brings more experience and leadership too.
  • Agree Shackell is a good player, but if we don't sell Konsa I really think we should be concentrating on other areas of the pitch.
  • Would take all 3 in a heartbeat.

Obviously not gonna happen, but if it could 8 would
  • cfgs said:
    With a name and birthday like that, the lad is going to go far.
  • Agreed, easily take all 3, just the type of players we need with experience.

Would pull out all the stops to bring in Bent, he maybe old now but he would easily do a job in League One. Come home Darren!
  • Isn't Chris Baird primarily a Left-Back? - Would keep Lewis Page first choice in that respect

Else we risk our Back Four to get rather aged and slow, means we go back to the days of having Graeme Murty in the side
  • Isn't Chris Baird primarily a Left-Back? - Would keep Lewis Page first choice in that respect

Else we risk our Back Four to get rather aged and slow, means we go back to the days of having Graeme Murty in the side

He used to be mainly right back at fulham/Southampton but can do a job either way. I think he is probably a bit late for me, might do a job still but wouldn't be too happy about it.

Bring back Benty, he would be great for 1/2 seasons!
  • Sage said:

Agreed, easily take all 3, just the type of players we need with experience.

Would pull out all the stops to bring in Bent, he maybe old now but he would easily do a job in League One. Come home Darren!

Nearly 35. Scored 2 in 15 for Burton?

Not sure this is what we need.
    2 in 15 for a struggling Burton side, not great no. But in League One against slow and older centre backs, he could be more than useful and can teach a thing or two about scoring goals to the other strikers at the club.

What we lacked this season was experience, physicality and a goal scorer. I would bet if Bent played 30-40 games for us next season he would get double figures for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Sage said:

Agreed, easily take all 3, just the type of players we need with experience.

Nearly 35. Scored 2 in 15 for Burton?

Not sure this is what we need.
    2 in 15 for a struggling Burton side, not great no. But in League One against slow and older centre backs, he could be more than useful and can teach a thing or two about scoring goals to the other strikers at the club.

What we lacked this season was experience, physicality and a goal scorer. I would bet if Bent played 30-40 games for us next season he would get double figures for sure.
    If Bent played a whole season 30+ games he would get min 15 imo 1 in 2, even if his pace isn't there he will always be a goalscorer. Just need to find players who can create chances, wouldn't suit the lone striker
  • Still puzzled why we never signed David Martin last summer

Me too.

Would love to have him back up Dillon. If Dillon falters, he would more than do.
  • Bent alongside Vetokele (even Ajose) should be really good to watch

Bent alongside Kermorgant would be even better.
  • Even if Darren Bent was 50 years old he would still score more goals per season than Mcguiness of Ajose.
  • I dont want any Smallwall or Palace rejects, thank you very much.
  • I’d be gobsmacked if DB comes back to us. 35 is too old in a cloggers paradise league. Playing off the shoulder was always Darren’s forte. Not sure he’s got that yard of pace for that to work now. I think we can and will do better.
  • I’d be gobsmacked if DB comes back to us. 35 is too old in a cloggers paradise league. Playing off the shoulder was always Darren’s forte. Not sure he’s got that yard of pace for that to work now. I think we can and will do better.

Yeah sure we will do better. Dodoo, Ajose, Zyro and Umerah is going to be some quartet
  • Bent alongside Vetokele (even Ajose) should be really good to watch

I’d rather a proper hold up striker. Those sort of partnerships rarely do well.

Yeah sure we will do better. Dodoo, Ajose, Zyro and Umerah is going to be some quartet
    We have new owners coming in. We will never see at least two of those ever again.

• McNulty scored again for Coventry. Posted my opinions on him on the other, far superior rumours thread that was deleted.