Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help/advice needed

Woke up this morning feeling fine
I've got the wedding on my mind
I've not even given a thought about the FA Cup
Oh yeah
Something tells me I'm getting right f%$#ed up

What is going on with me ?
I cannot believe I'm more looking forward to the Royal Wedding than the FA Cup Final.
I blame all the CL anti Royals, they must be making me even more proud to be British.

Do I need medical help ? :-)

Comments

• Wedding what wedding???
    Not seen anything in the news about this wedding
  • Woke up this morning feeling fine
    Oh yeah

I cannot believe I'm more looking forward to the Royal Wedding than the FA Cup Final.
    I blame all the CL anti Royals, they must be making me even more proud to be British.

Yes, and this is notwithstanding of this thread.
  • Thats the spirit.
  • apart from maybe those getting married and possibly the immediate family, who in their right mind looks forward to a wedding?! now if you are actually going to the event due to some unfortunate connection and there's no way out of it sometimes the only consolation is that there could be a free bar. and knowing that tight lot I doubt if there is one.
  • You definitely need help if you're looking forward to that £42m waste of public money.

Swerving it for extra tennis practice before settling down at 5.15pm for the main event of the day.

'the 2018 royal wedding is expected to provide a £500 million pound boost to the country's economy in the form of tourism, commemorative merchandise, and essentially "free advertising for Britain'

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a15906479/prince-harry-meghan-markle-royal-wedding-cost-who-pays/
    you've got to remember aswell, the Royal Family provided the government with £328.8m via the Crown Estate income in 2017 - from that money, the government give her an allowance, so actually, its not tax payers money, its money that is rightfully hers, imagine the uproar if she kept all of the money for herself and didn't give anything to government!

the whole tax payers money argument is complete cobblers.
  • Nice poem but couldn't give 2 hoots about the wedding.
  • Woke up this morning feeling fine
    Oh yeah

No. I'm having a royal party tomorrow and i'll fess up and say I couldn't tell you what two teams are in the cup final. I think one is Man U. Not read a paper all week and just not following anything outside work and Charlton at the mo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Man United v Chelsea - can't think of two teams where it's harder to want one to win. Likely to be a boring game too with Mourinho's tactics.

Wedding it is.
  • You definitely need help if you're looking forward to that £42m waste of public money.

Swerving it for extra tennis practice before settling down at 5.15pm for the main event of the day.

Don't be so jealous.
  • As a football fan of course I am looking forward to the cup final. Due to finances I will be watching it at home instead of in the pub for the first time in about 35 years, and saving my "pub money" to go down on Sunday to cheer on Bromley.

Not bothered either way about the wedding, if I was invited I would go, but as they forgot me I won't be putting myself out to watch it. Luckily being over here, and only watching TV on catch up, I have more or less avoided the hype completely.
  • We're having a weekend celebration, starting with a bbq this evening.

Me, the Mrs and the 3 dogs have a lazy day planned for tomorrow, and can't wait to see Prince Charles walk Meghan down the aisle. The French people we know all seem to be looking forward to it an all.

Let's do this....
  • edited May 2018
    F@cking joke my roads been closed for 4 months ,bromley council have decided to let the next road up have a street party.
    Me and the wife how the f@ck are they allowing that emergency vechiles wont be able to get through.
    Of course they will stopping work for 3 days so they can have the party.
    If anyone on my road or the next ever moans about parking or a7ccess to our road or the business premises being turned into residential they can f@ck right off
  • Anyone who chooses to watch a wedding on tv, royal or otherwise, has lost the plot.
  • Did we have all this bollocks when edward or andrew got married
  • Lost the plot years ago

'the 2018 royal wedding is expected to provide a £500 million pound boost to the country's economy in the form of tourism, commemorative merchandise, and essentially "free advertising for Britain'

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a15906479/prince-harry-meghan-markle-royal-wedding-cost-who-pays/
    I don't think I'll be seeing any of that £500,000,000 but it's still my money paying for it.

I don't think I'll be seeing any of that £500,000,000 but it's still my money paying for it.
    Typical Tory reaction. All about what's in it for me, rather than the community :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm pretty indifferent to the royals. Couldn't give a shit about them in many ways (Although would get rid of the pointless royals Beatrice and Pretzel hat who are simply a waste of space).

As an economist I am obliged to point out that the 500m figure (if it is 500m - other estimates out it at nearer 200) would be a massive boost for the economy. With so much of it coming from abroad it's an injection of cash that will be far more effective than the bank of England extending Quantitative easing for example. Will have much more of an effect on people and could well multiply many times over and add a few billion to GDP. No one can complain about that.

If your argument is that you personally won't see any of it ( I'd argue no one does as that's not how economic growth works) then your issue is with the class system and the distribution of wealth in this country not the royals.
  • Uboat said:

Anyone who chooses to watch a wedding on tv, royal or otherwise, has lost the plot.

Just as mad as the idiots who will line the streets with their flags, just to get a glimpse of them.
  • Man Utd are devaluers-in-chief of the FA Cup, and I won't be watching it unless bet365 bung me a free bet.

I have ten sacks of plaster rubble to take to the tip, and tbh I'd rather do that anyway.
  • Lets just get to the most important point and stop skirting around it...

What's Meghan's sisters bottom like?

• Would anyone like to borrow the fuck I couldn't give about the royal wedding ?
  • Someone needs to do a proper audit to see if they genuinely make more money for the country than they take from it. If they do and that money goes directly into schools, hospitals and fixing potholes then God Save the Queen.

• I'm looking forward to seeing Charles take Meghen up the aisle.
  • I'm pretty indifferent to the royals. Couldn't give a shit about them in many ways (Although would get rid of the pointless royals Beatrice and Pretzel hat who are simply a waste of space).

As an economist I am obliged to point out that the 500m figure (if it is 500m - other estimates out it at nearer 200) would be a massive boost for the economy. With so much of it coming from abroad it's an injection of cash that will be far more effective than the bank of England extending Quantitative easing for example. Will have much more of an effect on people and could well multiply many times over and add a few billion to GDP. No one can complain about that.

If your argument is that you personally won't see any of it ( I'd argue no one does as that's not how economic growth works) then your issue is with the class system and the distribution of wealth in this country not the royals.

Economist. Lol.
  • HarryLime said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Charles take Meghen up the aisle.

the aisle? never heard it called that before.
  • I think you’re all nuts. At the end of the season I like to rewatch old Charlton games that were live on tv, every Saturday until the start of the new season

Tomorrow I’m watching Swindon vs Charlton from last season when we lost 3-0 and it was Russell Slade’s last game.