Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Reports circulating that thread has just entered the Kuiper belt.
  • That's it. I'm phoning the club tomorrow for an update. I'll give you all a full run down tomorrow.
  • JamesSeed said:

Tbh I'm as desperate as anyone else to find out what's going on. I'll obviously only be able to pass on what I'm told I can pass on though. It's possible that'll be zero, but really hope not.
    I'm actually going for a training ride during the day (for the Prostate Cancer UK ride) and have people coming round for dinner in the evening, so it looks like being a busy day.

You're cycling during the day and entertaining in the evening. So I guess it's a breakfast beer meeting with the takeover person ?
    0830 cycling (to Windsor). Beer in the afternoon.
  • I think the difficulty for a new manager - Let's assume it is Kewell - is not that fans won't warm to him or give him a chance - a decent start and we will be behind him. But the difficulty will be there will be less patience for a sticky patch. But any new manager can earn our respect, as Riga did after the sacking of Powell.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Tbh I'm as desperate as anyone else to find out what's going on. I'll obviously only be able to pass on what I'm told I can pass on though. It's possible that'll be zero, but really hope not.
    I'm actually going for a training ride during the day (for the Prostate Cancer UK ride) and have people coming round for dinner in the evening, so it looks like being a busy day.

You're cycling during the day and entertaining in the evening. So I guess it's a breakfast beer meeting with the takeover person ?
    0830 cycling (to Windsor). Beer in the afternoon.
    Will beer be enough, we should raise a wip to get your contact drunk and talkative.
  • Getting bad vibes about the way this thread is going. No wonder these are Roland's preferred bidder. Sounds almost the same as Roland's shit strategy but with a different nationality.

Roland must be pissing himself that he has put this deal together.

If this turns out to be as bad a regime as the current one, I hate to think just what a basket case Charlton will be in a few years time.
  • JamesSeed said:

Blimey, having a beer tomorrow with someone involved in this takeover.

Gerald Murphy. Both sons were at the same school.
  • Sponsored links:

• Loads people wetting themselves now about Kewell and the Aussies are as bad as Roland just because Napa threw the rumour out there again even though it hasn't been mentioned in weeks.

What do we KNOW for sure?

1. Roland is a disaster for the club and has no ambition to create a successful team, past or present.

2. The Aussies are now turning up at Charlton matches and talking to fans. This implies to me that they're 98% towards completing a successful take over of the club.

3. The Aussies have a stated ambition to reach the Premier League on their own website. Much more ambition for a team than Roland has ever shown.

What is less clear is why they took so long to meet Roland's asking price. We have no idea if that's because they're skint or equally likely, they don't want to pay Roland's inflated valuations.

We also have little to no clue on how they plan to recruit players and staff at this stage. Kewell rumours, Aussie youngsters has only ever appeared to me as lazy journalists sticking two and two together to get five.

Take a chill pill, let this play out over the next couple of weeks and hopefully things will start to look up. Anyone with an ambition to succeed is better than the indifferent Duchatelet.

much what I said 2 days ago. Far too much guess work & speculation. There are only 2 or 3 regular posters who are only slightly ITK & they know v little. 95% of what is said on here is just regurgitated, outdated rubbish.
  • If it could happen this weekend, I would be grateful,plenty of places in Berlin to celebrate.
  • Redrobo said:

That's it. I'm phoning the club tomorrow for an update. I'll give you all a full run down tomorrow.

Is this before you meet James Seed for a beer?
  • Loads people wetting themselves now about Kewell and the Aussies are as bad as Roland just because Napa threw the rumour out there again even though it hasn't been mentioned in weeks.

1. Roland is a disaster for the club and has no ambition to create a successful team, past or present.

2. The Aussies are now turning up at Charlton matches and talking to fans. This implies to me that they're 98% towards completing a successful take over of the club.

3. The Aussies have a stated ambition to reach the Premier League on their own website. Much more ambition for a team than Roland has ever shown.

What is less clear is why they took so long to meet Roland's asking price. We have no idea if that's because they're skint or equally likely, they don't want to pay Roland's inflated valuations.

We also have little to no clue on how they plan to recruit players and staff at this stage. Kewell rumours, Aussie youngsters has only ever appeared to me as lazy journalists sticking two and two together to get five.

Take a chill pill, let this play out over the next couple of weeks and hopefully things will start to look up. Anyone with an ambition to succeed is better than the indifferent Duchatelet.

much what I said 2 days ago. Far too much guess work & speculation. There are only 2 or 3 regular posters who are only slightly ITK & they know v little. 95% of what is said on here is just regurgitated, outdated rubbish.

Loads people wetting themselves now about Kewell and the Aussies are as bad as Roland just because Napa threw the rumour out there again even though it hasn't been mentioned in weeks.

Why so angry?
  • Airman said there could be news before the weekend, let’s see what today brings
  • ozziedave said:

This is my first post and to let you know I've been a Charlton fan for many years all through the Curbishley years and some before. When I was in London many years ago got to see one game at Selhurst Park so that gives you an idea how long its been. I'm really excited it looks as though you may have an Australian ownership soon that can return Charlton to its rightful place in the Premier League. I've read through some of the comments and I think as an AFL fan I can give you an insight into how things are likely to be managed.
    First Andrew Muir owned The Good Guys in Australia which would be the number 2 electrical retailer in Australia. He sold it recently for about 500 million pounds. He is a board member at AFL club Essendon in Melbourne. Essendon are most certainly not my favorite club but to give you an idea have 60.000 members and turnover of 35-40 million pounds per annum.
    Now another thing for you to know is that all AFL clubs are community owned and membership elects the board. This is a structure that these guys are used to and I'm not saying that will be the way it will be if Australians are at the club but this is something the board will be familiar with - a family based and run club. Essendon for instance was founded in 1871.
    Gerard Murphy has also been involved in AFL sports management and I believe has been involved with high performance programs in the AFL. The AFL sports science programs are world class and the current Director of high Performance at Arsenal is from my local AFL club in Adelaide.
    As for a lot of comments about the club becoming a feeder club this has been misunderstood. For a long time there has been an issue in Australian football that our players all want to leave our competition and move to Europe for opportunities and money and the chance to play at a higher level. A lot of the time they will go into European leagues like Belgium, Denmark or Holland find they have no support. Some go while they are a little too young and many find themselves back in Australia and have often stagnated or regressed as a player due to the fact they haven't been playing first team football or have become injured. Australian football/soccer is littered with good players that have left our shores and have not become the players they could or should have been.
    For a number of years the idea of having a club in Europe where our players can move to where they can be better managed has been talked about in Australian football circles. Also with a high population of Australians living in London, a London club has always been a preferred option.
    So one thing that you might expect is that Charlton could become a landing club for Australian players trying their hand in Europe.
    Here's the kind of player who you might find at the club.
    Riley McGee is a player from my local club in Adelaide at the beginning of the year he left on a free transfer to Club Brugges where he did not play within 6 months he was back in Australia on loan to Newcastle in the A League. Riley is 19 years old has already made the Australian National Squad. Here's a link of his scorpion kick goal in A League http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/a-league/aleague-riley-mcgree-scorpion-kick-helps-newcastle-jets-to-21-semifinal-win-over-melbourne-city/news-story/25a1972e13cb5fd144a8fd16c9c4b410
    So I think you may be surprised that these guys will bring excellent sports management experience, some money and excellent knowledge to the club.

Well this has Cheered me up.
    Hopefully they arrive very soon
    any new @Airman Brown
  • Sponsored links:

• Compared with the nightmare we have suffered over the last four years this sounds really positive. I'm in.

I think we can be pretty sure of 1.
    Nothing else matters.
  • I believe Friday is the best day of the week for announcements
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!