Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Bugger. Good player.

• Stupidly wealthy huge Premier League club in hoovering up all the young talent shock.

• We can only hope he sees the sense in staying, but I am sure they will be throwing a lot of money to the family.

It all feels so wrong.
  • Yes, that £6m figure has no legal basis

• Just say "no." The end.
  • Give him a contract and tell him if he stays, he will play some first team games next season. If he still wants the money then, we can't stop him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I also enjoyed how they called Ethan Ampadu "Nathan".
  • edited May 2018
    Should be a new rule in Football that says a club cant sign another clubs youth player until they've played x amount of first team games or have been released by said club

Of course the big sides will never agree to that!!
  • Would be surprised as there are four or five boys they are looking at that are higher up the pecking order. 2 Spanish boys an England Under 15 and a Scotland U16. City have already got better than Jeremy. The boy that starts for England in front of Jeremy plays for Ipswich and would also be a more likely target as would be the centre forward for England who is with Wigan.
  • He'll just be one of City's 8,500 players out on loan for the next three seasons before signing for an upper Championship/relegation fodder Premiership team.

I don't blame him one bit if he wants to take the opportunity, but there really needs to be a limit to the number of players a team can have on loan - City are catching up Arsenal and Chelsea in these stakes.
  • https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

Just in case you didn't know what a rip-off this is...
  • I think clubs losing such kids should get at minimum 10% of all future sell-on fees... for life.
  • He sounds like a Bond villain . No way am I clicking on a link to That shit rag so I just presume he’s Daniel Craig’s next enemy.

Does he have 3 nipples? If no, then the plane boss the plane
  • Can’t sign a pro contract till 17 can he? Article says he is 15 so Man City have plenty of time to keep monitoring him at ours, letting us spend money and resources in short supply for a League One club developing him and then nip along in 18 months with the equivalent to one days pay for Aguero as a fee and off he goes.

Good for the English National team though apparently because after all that he can earn massive money, become less hungry for success, 58th in line for a starting place and wonder around 10 loans clubs till released age 25.
  • edited May 2018
    Should be a clause whereby all academy players are signed by the age of 13 stay until they are 17 minimum, a 4 year contract whereby they can be monitored and trained accordingly.

I believe in Italy for example no player under the age of 18 can sign for, or go on loan to, another club.
  • another reason rolands not sold yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely the lads advisors have some common sense,why do we get so many young loan players,come to us,why do we have a continuos production line of top class youth players,because they will play in our first team.that must be better than languishing around other clubs 5th and 6th teams.Look at Chelsea,5 times youth cup winners and the last 1st team regular thay produced was John Terry.
  • Surely the lads advisors have some common sense,why do we get so many young loan players,come to us,why do we have a continuos production line of top class youth players,because they will play in our first team.that must be better than languishing around other clubs 5th and 6th teams.Look at Chelsea,5 times youth cup winners and the last 1st team regular thay produced was John Terry.

I imagine that the families of most young players are quite hard up. If a team like City come along and offer a large bung financial inducement it's game over for Charlton. Long term wellbeing doesn't come into it.
  • iaitch said:

He'll join the conveyor belt of City youngsters that have made their way into the first team....oh hang on.

No its fine, Phil Foden and another youngster picked up medals so they must really trust them........5 appearances equating to about 90 minutes between them shows the level of trust displayed.
  • Interesting to see Exeter put full details of the compensation they received for Ampadu on their website - https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/ethan-ampadu-tribunal-fee/

Anyone know why can they receive so much more for him while Chelsea for example paid the minimal EPPP fees for Kasey Palmer?
  • Scoham said:

Interesting to see Exeter put full details of the compensation they received for Ampadu on their website - https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/ethan-ampadu-tribunal-fee/

Anyone know why can they receive so much more for him while Chelsea for example paid the minimal EPPP fees for Kasey Palmer?

Havent the rules changed since Chelsea signed Palmer? - Also had he signed a Pro Contract with us yet?
  • I've not heard of EPPP rules changing, and they were in place when Palmer left us.

Ampadu wasn't 17 when he signed for Chelsea so he wouldn't have been on a pro deal - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Ampadu
  • 6 mill for a player i've never heard of , yes please.

I don't think this is likely to happen , and maybe its just agent talk to get a new contract.