Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Valley11 said:

WTF is going on?

Rudderless. Surely a statement updating fans should be made if they want to sell some season tickets.

Only one thing they can say that would make most fans buy a season ticket.
    Signing Harry Lennon for another year?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So here we are, transfer window opens tomorrow, we have no CEO, no CFO, no Manager, 4 loan players have left, JJ has retired and still we wait for RD to sell!! We have no idea who is buying us really, we just hope that people seen at the last two games are. Well if they are then why are they not trying to get the deal done this week? What has happened to RM giving updates, just like he did when the club were hoping to attract supporters to turn up in Feb/March. I smell a large dollop of bullshit and raising of false hopes. I really hope I'm wrong, but I fear this summer break will be no different from the previous ones under RD, and come August we will once again be left wanting. I wonder if we've all be sold a dummy?
  • Options
    I smell it too mate..

• Options
    Brilliant @Stig
  • Options
    The one phrase that has been said to me all the way through

“ The aussies don’t have the money “

That to me is why there’s a delay
  • Options

So here we are, transfer window opens tomorrow, we have no CEO, no CFO, no Manager, 4 loan players have left, JJ has retired and still we wait for RD to sell!! We have no idea who is buying us really, we just hope that people seen at the last two games are. Well if they are then why are they not trying to get the deal done this week? What has happened to RM giving updates, just like he did when the club were hoping to attract supporters to turn up in Feb/March. I smell a large dollop of bullshit and raising of false hopes. I really hope I'm wrong, but I fear this summer break will be no different from the previous ones under RD, and come August we will once again be left wanting. I wonder if we've all be sold a dummy?

I have put information on another thread, but the transfer window is open

Don't panic, but it's already open!

EFL clubs have been able to sign players since May 7, when the window officially opened for domestic registrations.

If a club wants to register someone from abroad though, this will open on June 9, which is determined by FIFA

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/938093413?-11197:833
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

EFL clubs have been able to sign players since May 7, when the window officially opened for domestic registrations.

If a club wants to register someone from abroad though, this will open on June 9, which is determined by FIFA

We're waiting for the World Cup to snap up a few of the stars.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Thanks for the update @ross1 but that makes us 10 days behind transfers tomorrow!!! Once again we are behind others then.
  • Options
    I was told a couple of weeks ago the the aussies were highly ambitious, massively unrealistic and needed backers.

Subsequent tweets about hoping a proper backer turns up would seem to echo this sentiment
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Stig said:

Macronate said:

This is beyond ridiculous.

How long does it take to put a club up for sale, get potential buyers through the door, receive offers, iron out the finer details, agree a price and then get EFL approval ffs.

I can only liken it to buying a house.......

Estimated Time For Normal Club Sale

Make the decision to sell............................................................Instant
    Prepare sales offer and supporting documentation.....................2 weeks
    Let it be publicly known that you want to sell.............................2 weeks
    Preliminary discussions with interested buyers...........................2 weeks
    Due diligence.............................................................................1 month
    Negotiation of exact terms.........................................................2 weeks
    Sort out any remaining financials................................................1 week
    Seek EFL permissions..................................................................1 week
    Exchange contracts.....................................................................1 week
    Finalise sale and bugger off.........................................................1 week

TOTAL.........................................................................................16 weeks

Estimated Time For Duchatelet Club Sale

Repeat mantra 'The club is not for sale'.......................................2 years
    Think about it a bit......................................................................6 months
    Think about it a bit more.............................................................6 months
    Get your CEO to tell some lies about it.........................................(ongoing)
    Do something just to piss someone off........................................1 week
    Imagine you are a mathematical genius.......................................1 week
    Engage some top London lawyers................................................1 month
    Visit The Valley to check that everything's OK..............................20 minutes
    Celebrate your birthday with some boys from the Belgium 20......1 day
    Speak with some guy in Australia.................................................2 weeks
    Decide you like their anthem, because it's about waltzing............1 week
    Discover that their anthem is Advance Australia Fair....................2 weeks
    Refuse further contact as their anthem isn't about waltzing.........2 weeks
    Consult Napa about sale price - £70m (mmm nice).....................1 month
    Imagine all the duck tape you could buy for £70m.......................2 weeks
    Get anxious about rumours published about the sale...................1 week
    Embark on a disinformation programme to flush out the source...3 months
    Drive Miss Daisy to job interview in Owlerton................................2 days
    Get hopelessly lost on way home...................................................2 days
    Read your classic collection of 1970's Hergé comic books.............3 weeks
    Practice the foxtrot........................................................................4 days
    Talk to all interested buyers..........................................................1 month
    Think of a price double it and then add in some extras.................1 month
    Make a list of reasons not to sell...................................................1 week
    Sack the team manager.................................................................2 weeks
    See what happens with some new people in charge.......................2 months
    Play-offs! the ideal opportunity to get greedy. Double that price....3 weeks
    Tell everyone that it's on hold........................................................1 month
    Bugger, no promotion, put club on sale again................................1 week
    Imagine a scheme to cream-off 10% of all future chip sales...........1 week
    Watch the Mythbusters duck tape special on repeating loop...........4 days
    Fill in forms so that you can enter next year's Strictly.....................1 week
    Imagine your ideal dance partner - Rolanda Duchatelet..................1 week
    Have a little cry about how much you miss Daisy............................3 months
    Decide you can't be bothered selling the club.................................2 weeks
    Give it to some former business associate to do for you.................6 months

TOTAL..............................................................................................262 weeks (if at all)

• Options
    All rather concerning IMO.

Says it all when NLA decides to hide his big balls under a bushel.....
  • Options
    The one thing I really don't get is that why the hell would you be at the games in the box and even go and buy a scarf in the shop if you haven't even got the money to buy the club. Surely you would know being in that box is going to start all the rumours off even going to supporters and asking what they want that's all to much if you wasn't very close to buying it !!
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

The one thing I really don't get is that why the hell would you be at the games in the box and even go and buy a scarf in the shop if you haven't even got the money to buy the club. Surely you would know being in that box is going to start all the rumours off even going to supporters and asking what they want that's all to much if you wasn't very close to buying it !!

To put pressure on Duchatelet by getting the fans in a frenzy.
    They've made an offer. It's not ideally what Duchatelet wants but looks like all he's going to get.
  • Options
    They've made an offer. It's not ideally what Duchatelet wants but looks like all he's going to get.

What I mean is surely you wouldn't be buying club merchandise of it wasn't a done deal
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

What I mean is surely you wouldn't be buying club merchandise of it wasn't a done deal

FFS !

Haven't you heard of the latest offer in the Superstore ?

Rentascarfy !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FAVADDICK said:

It's a ten quid scarf, hardy a major purchase for a multi-millionnaire.

WIOTOS
  • Options

Rumours they wanted to pay some now some later , Roland not happy as he wants collateral on balance.
    Also heard they preferred a Championship Club , thus the show up at play off time.
    Time will tell but Ibhave said before I dont believe they have the cash.
  • Options

Been mooted from the start, worrying if true
  • Options
    edited May 2018

We've all heard that, in most cases because people have heard about or read this line from the Mail article when the Australians were first linked:
    Australian Football Consortium Ltd (AFC) are currently attempting to raise the capital necessary to buy out the Belgian, who holds 100 per cent of the shares via his holding company Staprix NV.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4406218/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-ready-sell-up.html

We've also heard Kewell was being appointed yet Powell is their first choice.
  • Options

FAVADDICK said:

FFS !

Haven't you heard of the latest offer in the Superstore ?

Rentascarfy !

To be fair, anyone can buy a scarf. If he'd bought flaggy there'd be more cause for optimism :wink:
  • Options

That to me is why there’s a delay </blockquote

I am praying the delay is because the Aussie's haven't met his farcical, greedy price and that the old scrote has to take a huge financial hit equivalent in direct scale to the debt he has allowed to accumulate through his shoddy and absent mismanagement of the club. I wouldn't mind in that scenario if he ends up with a few cling-on extras just as long as they time-bound and more about face-saving than actually costing us real money in future and certainly that he won't have any controlling say in what happens to us in the future. The man is a germ and we need rid.

• Options

Where are you???

• Options
    It's going to reach 1,000 pages. Isn't it?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!