Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ray Wilson RIP

England World Cup winner has died aged 83

Comments

• A great name from my youth.

RIP Ray
  • A genuine legend. Always came across as a decent bloke as well. RIP.
  • An English football legend and hero from our greatest sporting achievement.

RIP Ray
  • RIP, one of the over looked legends of the game. If by some miracle we won it this year they would all be knighted within a year or so.
  • I think he played for Huddersfield in the7-6 game. RIP sir.
  • Excellent player and by all accounts a good man.
    I was lucky enough to see him play. Sad that the '66 players are leaving us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sad news RIP Ray.
  • Very sad news. Saw him play at the Valley in the early 60's for Huddersfield. RIP.
  • Very sad news. Saw him play at the Valley in the early 60's for Huddersfield. RIP.

Yes, likewise. Great player. RIP.
  • RIP

One of England's greats.
  • I seem to recall being quite shocked when he became an undertaker after retiring from football. Seemed so humdrum after winning the World Cup. Can you imagine any of today’s footballers doing that?

RIP Ray Wilson.
  • Sad news.

I always thought he was vastly underrated, (as was Cohen the rfb) unusually he just got better and better with age and was world class by 1966 imo.

RIP
  • Acab said:

I think he played for Huddersfield in the7-6 game. RIP sir.

Correct . RIP Ray.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP, one of the unsung heroes of 66.
  • RIP Ray.
  • Sad to hear.

I think the country as a whole let the players down after such a fantastic achievement. Should have all been knighted for a start.
  • RIP Ray
  • RIP Ray was lucky enough to see him play at the Valley and played in a really great England side.
  • One of THAT X1

RIP Ray
  • RIP - seemed a really nice and humble guy. When he played for Huddersfield, he used to walk to the ground on matchdays and chat to supporters.