Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mikel Arteta new Arsenal Manager??? (No, Unai Emery)

Lots of speculation flying around that Man City have agreed to let Assistant Manager Mikel Arteta leave for The Arsenal Managers job.

Would this be a good appointment??

He knows the club
Has good expierence as assistant with Pep

But it would be a tough 1st managerial job

Comments

• Oh and if he does get the job he is set to appoint Santi Cazorla as his assistant
  • Shame.

I was looking forward to the Silver Fox Pardew having a spell in charge of the Gooners.
  • George Graham is the word on the street.
  • Arsenal fan tv is going to lose it's shit over this. They were to a man, all hoping for Allegri or Simeone.
  • Would be mad to go from someone with 30+ years management experience to someone with none, than taking on a current player as number. Can't see it happening but you know what they say, Football is a funny old game.
  • allegri ( who is a hero to juve ) should bite there arm off for that job - according to some arsenal fans

hope they end up with arteta and it ends in tears then they can pine over wenger.
  • Arsenal fan tv is going to lose it's shit over this. They were to a man, all hoping for Allegri or Simeone.

They reap what they sow
  • allegri ( who is a hero to juve ) should bite there arm off for that job - according to some arsenal fans

hope they end up with arteta and it ends in tears then they can pine over wenger.

I hope that they end up with the fuckwit Pardew
  • Sponsored links:

• A massive step up for someone who's only been an assistant for 2 years.

People have said that Wenger was a risk, but he had been a manager for over 10 years when he took over at Arsenal, winning the French title with Monaco
  • _MrDick said:

Honestly, I couldn't care less who the next Arsenal manager is

But enough to open the thread and comment ?

• Nicholas said:

Would be mad to go from someone with 30+ years management experience to someone with none, than taking on a current player as number. Can't see it happening but you know what they say, Football is a funny old game.

Yes. Taking on club "legends" as manager never works! :wink:
  • Nicholas said:

Would be mad to go from someone with 30+ years management experience to someone with none, than taking on a current player as number. Can't see it happening but you know what they say, Football is a funny old game.

Yes. Taking on club "legends" as manager never works! :wink:
    Arteta is hardly a club legend either!
  • Former player, who has only been an assistant for a short period of time, with the nearest thing they have to a legend on the current player staff as his assistant. It will never work.

However we are a "basket case" third division club, Arsenal, on the other hand are the 4th most successful thing in English club football (after united, Liverpool and Ryan Giggs).
  • It's a gamble at best but let's be honest, after having the same manager for 20+ years whoever goes in there has a tough job.

He's been learning off Pep for the last 2 years so i'm sure he's picked up a few ideas.
  • latest odds

arteta 1/5
    brendan rogers 6/1
    ancelotti 12/1
    allegri 7/1
  • the thing with arsenal is if they were to drop out of top 6 they would wave goodbye to the lucrative asian pre season tours just looked up there pre season.

boreham wood july 14th
    athletico madrid july 26th - singapore
    psg july 28th - singapore
    chelsea aug 4th - singapore

even the chelsea game has v little interest players of any use are going to be resting from a world cup campaign.
  • Anyway, I wish them all the worst!
  • Sponsored links:

• Arsenal too small to attract Allegri or Simeone. Hardly a shock to anyone outside of the Arsenal bubble.
  • Surely they have just been waiting for the big names to become free......

Big Sam or Moyes.
  • _MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

In my defence, I’ve recently retired and I’ve got nothing better to do than to open threads that I have no interest in and make inane comments
    Also, if we're going to start taring and feathering everyone who makes inane comments were going to be here for a while and theoretically I have other things to do...

Like make inane comments about inane comments.
  • My picks would be:-

At number 3. Brendon Rogers. Plays the attacking football they are used to. Bought the crap defence that Klopp had to dump but if he has learnt from that he could be good. Also has Champions League experience.

Number 2. Shaun Dyche. Not sure if the fans could get over themselves if he was appointed, but he would certainly sort out that crap defence they have. Can work within a budget and gets the best out of average players which will be needed at Arsenal for a few years more.

Number 1 choice. Raffa Benitez. Got it all at Prem level and could build them something special with time and some money.

• _MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

In my defence, I’ve recently retired and I’ve got nothing better to do than to open threads that I have no interest in and make inane comments
    Tut,Tut...... and all those great Adult education courses that your splendid college runs, did not one of them rub off on you?...... Do you have no creativity, or aspirations!...... A man of your talents could go a long way, and at such a tender young age.... If I can take up the pencil and watercolours again, after 50 years and try and regain the modest talent that I had at 16 at Camberwell art college...... there is hope for anyone!.
  • edited May 2018
    #ArtetaOutBruv
  • Whoever comes in next is gonna do a shit job no matter who it is. The change is too vast after that length of time with the same manager.

So I think giving it to Arteta would be a good move. When he inevitably gets sacked after a year he’ll still get a chance eventually but will just need a few more years as an assistant. A manager with experience can then come in and do a better job with a bit more freedom.
  • _MrDick said:

_MrDick said:

Tut,Tut...... and all those great Adult education courses that your splendid college runs, did not one of them rub off on you?...... Do you have no creativity, or aspirations!...... A man of your talents could go a long way, and at such a tender young age.... If I can take up the pencil and watercolours again, after 50 years and try and regain the modest talent that I had at 16 at Camberwell art college...... there is hope for anyone!.
    I’m waiting until September when the programme is released. I’m quite interested in brass rubbing and making my own clothes. In the meantime, I’m project managing* a new roof and new windows

* Sitting on my arse watching other people do the work