Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier league Managerial Merry-Go-Round

I can see a lot of managerial changes in the premier league this summer. I'd say as many as half the managerial positions in the premier league could change.

The biggest 1 I think will be Pochettino at Spurs. Given what he said at his final press conference I don't think he'll be at Tottenham next season. Could he possibly replace Conte at Chelsea?

An interesting summer ahead

Comments

• Liverpool win Champions League and Poch will be at Madrid.

Claudio to go Spurs
  • Think the PSG manager (who is leaving at the end of the season), will end up in the Premier League. Carlo Ancelotti also.

Moyes will leave West Ham, maybe Big Sam at Everton - reckon Marco Silva will get that gig.

Pochettino i think will stay put. But, unless they give him a few bob, not for long.
  • Pochettino will stay if Levy gives him money.

He's got Spurs in the top 3 for 3 straight seasons and has a net spend of 50m in that time. Pretty remarkable when you think that all the other top 6 sides spend more than that on 1 player. So he's probably earned the right to be given money to spend.
  • edited May 2018

Pochettino will stay if Levy gives him money.

He's got Spurs in the top 3 for 3 straight seasons and has a net spend of 50m in that time. Pretty remarkable when you think that all the other top 6 sides spend more than that on 1 player. So he's probably earned the right to be given money to spend.

Earned the right yes for sure, but with a new stadium to pay for, I'm not so sure Levy will make the necessary funds available to push Spurs to the next level. We'll see

If Poch does move on, I think he'll be a success wherever he goes as I think he's a top manager

Earned the right yes for sure, but with a new stadium to pay for, I'm not so sure Levy will make the necessary funds available to push Spurs to the next level. We'll see

If Poch does move on, I think he'll be a success wherever he goes as I think he's a top manager

Very true about paying for the stadium but Levy also has to consider that if he doesn't give him money to spend, then there's a very real possibility of Poch leaving, Spurs falling to 5th/6th and Kane/Alli/Eriksen also then wanting to leave.
  • Allardyce sacked by Everton.
  • Ross said:

Allardyce sacked by Everton.

It's the cycle.

Employ an Allardyce type, who gets results but plays boring football
    Sack him to employ a younger manager who will play better football
    Sack him when you start leaking goals and losing
    Employ an Allardyce type, who gets results but plays boring football
  • I heard Sarri to Chelsea and Ancelotti to Napoli.
  • I heard Robinson to The Arse. but thats nothing to do with football.
  • Sponsored links:

With my long standing affiliations to Arsenal (alright, I know I know!), I don't get too much pleasure out of seeing Spurs do well (although ironically, when I was a kid, Glenn Hoddle was my favourite player)!

But I have it say that what he has done at Spurs is excellent. They play some of the best football in the country and Pochettino really seems to have a special bond with his players.

Spurs (Levy) will only have themselves to blame if they don't support his intent to drive the club forward in their new stadium. And if not? Well, there's a vacancy a few miles down the Seven Sisters that needs filling! :wink:

With my long standing affiliations to Arsenal (alright, I know I know!), I don't get too much pleasure out of seeing Spurs do well (although ironically, when I was a kid, Glenn Hoddle was my favourite player)!

But I have it say that what he has done at Spurs is excellent. They play some of the best football in the country and Pochettino really seems to have a special bond with his players.

Spurs (Levy) will only have themselves to blame if they don't support his intent to drive the club forward in their new stadium. And if not? Well, there's a vacancy a few miles down the Seven Sisters that needs filling! :wink:
    poch will leave spurs because of money why on earth would he go arsenal? 2 steps back
  • Moyes leaves West Ham
  • Moyes leaves West Ham

Gutted, I wanted to see them go down next season.
  • I can see a lot of managerial changes in the premier league this summer. I'd say as many as half the managerial positions in the premier league could change.

The biggest 1 I think will be Pochettino at Spurs. Given what he said at his final press conference I don't think he'll be at Tottenham next season. Could he possibly replace Conte at Chelsea?

What did Poch say? Anyway, I think he's a great manager. I never liked watching Spurs until he went there. They have become a very entertaining team to watch under him.
  • I can see a lot of managerial changes in the premier league this summer. I'd say as many as half the managerial positions in the premier league could change.

What did Poch say? Anyway, I think he's a great manager. I never liked watching Spurs until he went there. They have become a very entertaining team to watch under him.
    That he wanted to come to Charlton and be at a club to match his ambition. The prospect of working with Harry Lennon and Josh Magennis was too tempting to turn down.

That he wanted to come to Charlton and be at a club to match his ambition. The prospect of working with Harry Lennon and Josh Magennis was too tempting to turn down.
    He also thanked the owner for the opportunity.
  • If Real Madrid lose the Champions League final Pochettino could well end up there next season. Be interesting to see Zidane in the Premier League if that happens.

You sure it was Poch? I thought Guardiola said that.