Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tom Wolfe RIP

Writer of the Radical Chic & Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers and lots of other great journalism as well as The Right Stuff and Bonfire of the Vanities has died aged 88

Comments

• Good writer. Enjoyed what I read of his stuff.
  • RIP. What a character!
  • RIP. Great writer.
  • In the writing world he was one of the masters of the universe. RIP.
  • I read the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test when I was a teenager. Such an experience. RIP.
  • edited May 2018
    Read Bonfire of the Vanities, and saw the film with Melanie Griffith, what happened to her, can’t remember who the male lead was? Enjoyed both.

Should I try any of his others, recommendations?

RIP
  • Radical chic, a term he invented is good.

The Purple Decades is a good compilation
  • Radical chic, a term he invented is good.

The Purple Decades is a good compilation

Thanks Henry.
  • Sad to hear this, top writer. The Right Stuff is one of my all time favourite books.
  • Sponsored links:

• Writer of the Radical Chic & Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers and lots of other great journalism as well as The Right Stuff and Bonfire of the Vanities has died aged 88

Agree. One of the best.
  • Have often considered some of the Tribal Traders and their wives that I have met at parties in Chislehurst , Bickley and Farnborough Park to be the U.K. equivalent of the " Masters of the Universe " and the " Social X rays" that he was referring to . What an insightful and intelligent man . RIP
  • RIP