Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your England 23 man squad

not to bog Valley Gary's World Cup thread, what would your 23 man squad be?

Pickford, Buckland, Hart

Walker, Trent Arnold, Tripper, Bertand, Rose, Maguire, Stones, Keane, Smalling

Dier, Henderson, Alli, Loftus Cheek, Shelvey, Wilshere, Sterling, Lingard

Vardy, Kane, Rashford

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Pickford, Butland, Pope

Walker, Jones, Trippier, Young, Rose, Maguire, Stones, Keane, Smalling

Dier, Sessegnon, Alli, Lallana, Lingard, Wilshere, Sterling, Sancho

Vardy, Kane, Rashford
  • not to bogged Valley Gary's World Cup thread, what would your 23 man squad be?

Pickford, Buckland, Hart

Walker, Trent Arnold, Tripper, Bertand, Rose, Maguire, Stones, Kane, Smalling

Vardy, Kane, Rashford

that's prety much the squad i would want to see.
  • is Lallana fit? if so would maybe make a case to get him in my 23 man squad as can open a team up which is what we are lacking, maybe drop Trent Arnold and take Lallana.
  • not to bogged Valley Gary's World Cup thread, what would your 23 man squad be?

Pickford, Buckland, Hart

Vardy, Kane, Rashford

Except he's picked Kane twice!

Pickford, Buckland, Hart

Vardy, Kane, Rashford

Except he's picked Kane twice!
    ha ha, dont you know he has a twin brother centre back.
  • I'd like to see Lookman as a wildcard instead of Welbeck.
  • 'Keepers: Pope | Butland | Pickford
    Defence: Walker | Alexander-Arnold | Bertrand | Young | Stones | Maguire | Tarkowski
    Midfield: Dier | Henderson | Shelvey | Alli | Loftus-Cheek | Sterling | Lingard | Sancho | Cook
    Strikers: Kane | Vardy | Rashford | Lookman
  • The team largely picks itself - Shelvey has to go - you need options. Lookman is a good wildcard but I think Welbeck ought to get the nod!
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love it if we could take Dybala if Argentina aren't going to use him.
  • The team largely picks itself - Shelvey has to go - you need options. Lookman is a good wildcard but I think Welbeck ought to get the nod!

Hate to say it but I think if we take the likes of Welbeck then we're drifting back towards the typical England squad that goes to the World Cup and doesnt perform - Like Defoe he's had a couple of chances in a Major Tournament and we've looked no different hence why I'd take the likes of Lookman | Sancho | Cook

Plus like Sturridge he's a big injury risk...

that Standby list can only be utilised before the Tournament, once it starts we cant rely on them so far as I'm aware

Hate to say it but I think if we take the likes of Welbeck then we're drifting back towards the typical England squad that goes to the World Cup and doesnt perform - Like Defoe he's had a couple of chances in a Major Tournament and we've looked no different hence why I'd take the likes of Lookman | Sancho | Cook

that Standby list can only be utilised before the Tournament, once it starts we cant rely on them so far as I'm aware
    You mean every England squad after 1970!
  • GK: Pickford, Pope, Butland

CB: Stones, Smalling, Tarkowski, Walker*, Mawson OR Maguire

RB: Trippier, Alexander-Arnold

LB: Rose, Young

CM: Alli, Dier, Henderson, Shelvey, Ward-Prowse

CAM/RW/LWs: Sterling, Rashford, Lingard, Lookman

ST: Kane, Vardy

* I know Kyle Walker is a right back, but for England, I reckon him on the right hand side of a three-man defence, with Trippier outside, works very well.

------------------------

A couple of left-field selections in there, such as Lookman/Ward-Prowse, but we need something fresh.

You mean every England squad after 1970!
    1990 squad a notable exception :)
  • I think it’d be really naive to not take Hart. He’s not the player he was as we all know, but to travel with that lack of experience is foolish imo.
  • I'll instantly dismiss anyone's squad who has Hart in there.
  • Saw Lallana came on for Liverpool on Sunday and played a part in their last goal.

Would hope he would make the initial squad, and then have a chance to prove his fitness and get in the final 23.

Special player.
  • Ben18 said:

Saw Lallana came on for Liverpool on Sunday and played a part in their last goal.

Would hope he would make the initial squad, and then have a chance to prove his fitness and get in the final 23.

Special player.

I think special is a bit of an exaggeration but should certainly make the squad
  • Sponsored links:

• not to bog Valley Gary's World Cup thread, what would your 23 man squad be?

Pickford, Buckland, Hart

Walker, Trent Arnold, Tripper, Bertand, Rose, Maguire, Stones, Keane, Smalling

Vardy, Kane, Rashford

Im in the team, I’m in the team :smiley:
  • pick whatever 23 you like but England won't get past the quarter finals
  • My left field pick if I was manager would be to take Rooney for his experience - think he could do a job off the bench in the right circumstances.
  • My left field pick if I was manager would be to take Rooney for his experience - think he could do a job off the bench in the right circumstances.

not a chance, bloke's been past it since the last one
  • My left field pick is Ryan Sessegnon. This boy is mustard.

NO NO NO, I was a big fan of Rooney but he is not up to it any longer.
  • Well, I am not England manager so you can all breath a sigh of relief.

Might as well take Bobby Charlton!
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44109210

Some good statistical analysis on the BBC site. Interesting to compare players from the top sides with those from lesser one. The former may have better stats, but is that down to having better players around them?
  • JaShea99 said:

I think it’d be really naive to not take Hart. He’s not the player he was as we all know, but to travel with that lack of experience is foolish imo.

Experience of what exactly?

I understand taking someone like Buffon for experience who has won the world cup.... but Hart?